The Woodlands, TX
Lone Star College System

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lone Star College System

Diana

The Lone Star College System is a community college dedicated to opening doors to students for better oppurtunities in life.

The Lone Star College System has multiple schools in the local area that I can attend while also going to work full time at a nine to five job. It also have very convenient day and night classes. The most valuable distinction is the low cost of tuition which enables myself to go back to school.

I've stepped back in time. Across the room is my younger self walking to class. I approach her, and she is baffled. She can't believe how much she will change, as well as simultaneously stay the same. Younger self then asks, "What should I do future me?" I respond delightfully, as this is why I am here, "Every penny you make from your job, save it. Use your electives to take classes that are dual credit. Be mindful of your future, and plan to succeed. Apply to your dream college early. Be independent, and don't let fear of failure and disappointment decide that you aren't going to college. Life continues to move forward no matter how much you want to stand still. Give yourself opportunities to move with it." My younger self smiled, and started walking toward the counselor's office. She knew what she wanted, and was finally going to work towards it. I turned to go forward in time, back to where I belonged, proud that when I return it will be a brighter future.

Selena

A person that wants to earn their basic credits for less the cost of a four year university school.

The school is less than fifteen minutes away from my house and have small size class.

Caffery

It's pretty good. I mean, for a community college, it's pretty nice. They don't have old computers and other technology, it's all pretty up-to-date. The campus is nice. The landscaping is pretty pristine, and they keep it well groomed. The classrooms are alright. They need better desks and chairs in some. Many of the desks are too high/low and many chairs are old wooden ones that are really uncomfortable. It makes it hard to focus. They need more chairs in some rooms too. Some don't have enough. The organization is alright. They could be better at putting classes in appropriate rooms. For example, they have English classes in rooms with a bunch of computers. The teachers are pretty good. All in all, I'd say it's a pretty decent school.

Overall, the courses themselves are not bad. Some are pretty challenging and others are really easy, but, on average, the level of difficulty is just right; not too hard, but tough enough to make you actually learn the material.

Karen

The LoneStar College system is great for all kinds of people, I couldnt really say their is a type that couldnt attend our schools. Although a community college their is much diversity within us, even though we may be different we are all here for the same reason. That is to learn, the administrators and staff fulfill their duties to the best of their potential allowing us to fulfill our goals.

Finding a good, and close parking spot may be the most frustrating thing about LoneStar College. Because of their great reputation the schools continue to grow and students continue to flood the parking lots making it hard to find a nice close spot.

karissa

Start looking for scholarships NOW! Money was the only reason I was not able to atttend the college of my choice. My parents had no money saved for my college education and I figured I could search for money as a senior. Start as soon as possible raking in the cash because if I had, probably my freshman year would be paid for.

It's cheaper and I can get the same basics done at the 4 year university.

Someone who can't afford a 4 year university or just needs a certificate to start working immediately.

rosio

If I were to go back in time as a senior in high school I would encourage myself to be more outgoing and participate more in school activities and clubs. I would try to join outside organizations as well and begin to volunteer. I would seek more information as to what field of study would be the best for me. I would seek advising from the counselors available. I would have set a better plan for the future in regards to what path I should be on and how to stay on it. I would prepare myself and get everything organized so that my transition into college would be more of a sucess and I would end up where I want in my planned time.

I consider the atmosphere the best thing about my school. There are many clubs one can join and the students are all kind and welcoming. There is a lot of diversity among the college.

People who are not looking to excel in a career should not attend this college. People are are only trying to get money grom the government but, do not really want to pursue.

Lone Star College System administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.