The Woodlands, TX
Lone Star College System

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lone Star College System

Jason

My classmates were encouraging, motivational, driven and intelligent with their every day decisions.

Going back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress the importance of persistance and also dedication. I've come to realize in order to be successful in college you need both of these attributes because of the level of difficulty each class carries along with it. A lot of high school seniors, myself included, became lazy due to it being their last year of high school and don't realize how important it is to stay on course even during tedious exercises. Looking back, I can see the correlation between those stressful problems and the importance of having the ability to not be bogged down with stress and anxiety. Much of college tests each students perseverance in dealing with such problems to prepare them for the real world. Dedication to one's studies also ranks detrimental to the success one wishes to achieve while attending college and preparing for one's future career. I would tell myself to remain dedicated and not get lazy in order to routine myself upon arrival into the college life.

My school gave each student an equal opportunity to make the most of themselves, whether it be through academic, athletic or other extra curricular activities. The importance of these 3 options stress necessary skills in the real world such as critical thinking and problematic solution solving, team work as well as finding one's own niche in certain groups within the community and being effective in that group.

Melissa

If I could go back in time and talk to me as a high school senior there are several things I would say. First of all I would tell myself to go ahead and start taking some college credit classes. Usually they are less expensive, because you are still in high school, but even if they are not you can take them as dual credit classes. With dual credit classes you are, figuratively, killing two birds with one stone, because you have to take several of the same classes in high school and in college. So you might as well take them for both high school and college all in one class. The last thing I would say would be, do not spend all of your time stressing about what you want to be. God will let you know when the time is right. Plus the first year to two years is just basics. Oh one last thing?Good Luck

When asked the worst thing about a college I love, only one thing comes to mind, and that?s having a good professor. In high school I had an amazing Biology teacher and guess what, I love Biology. When you?re around somebody that loves a subject--you want to learn. At North Montgomery College (now Loan Star), I have had some amazing professors and I have had some not so amazing. I long for a system where professors share their teaching style and methods and students post accurate feedback about professors or blog with upcoming students.

I believe Montgomery College (now Loan Star) is perfect for the majority of new college students. Many of my high-school classmates came back early from their four-year university disheartened by a huge school bill. These discouraged students started working and may never return to their education. That?s why I LOVE Loan Star College. It?s inexpensive, has small classes, a great online program and students get a great education. Transferring credits to a university as a more mature student assists the pocketbook and education process as a whole.

Calyn

If I could go back in time I would have definitely told myself to become more aware of the financial situation that will take place. Like the tuition cost, room and board, food, and club fees; instead of counting on mama to tell me everything. I would have told myself to research the policies, interest rates, and payment plans of the companies I decided to get a loan from. There were so many terminologies I didn?t understand because I didn?t take out the time to actually get to know what they meant. Another thing I would have told myself was to ask questions. In the beginning I didn?t like asking questions but I found out the hard way that if you ask you will be answered, if you don?t then you can?t receive help. So in other words speak up! Lastly I will tell myself to be more organized. It?s my money that I?m wasting if I don?t have my organizational skills together. I would have saved a lot of time if I were organized. In conclusion, research and organization is the key to a successful and less stressful college experience.

Gabriel

The school has vast resources to go along with the high quality teachers.

The school has vast resources to go along with the high quality teachers.

Fill out as many scholarships as possible because you will need the money. Try to be involved in school activities and clubs because it matters in the long run. Do not be procrastinate and try to make the best grades possible. Keep your old notes from school and remember the material because you will need to remember it. Meet people other than your friends, from school, that have plans to go to the same college. Be prepared to lose some people because they will not last in college.

Very good teachers at school really care if you are willing to make the effort.

Alyssa

I am actually located at the Tomball campus, but all of the Lone Star College System school's offer many programs, and activities to get involved in. The teachers are laid back and are willing to go the extra mile, in order for you to recieve a good grade. Also, the campus is very nice and open, making it feel like a real college life, at a larger university.

I often wish I could go back to my senior year in high school, and I know exactly what advice I would give myself . I am currently in a remedial math class and it's such a struggle to get through these programs, when I know for certain I have a hold on the material. I took Algebra classes in high school and made straight A's but college is so much different. The level of learning and applying, is much higher and you have to study, work, and apply yourself much more than in high school. I just wish my senior year, I could have seen ahead to the future; I know I would have told myself to work harder, study more, and devote more energy and time to my school work. My senior year, I took Pre-Cal and most of my knowledge of previous algebra, was out the window. I would have known the material inside and out, and prevented wasting time and money on subjects I already have a grasp on. Since I can't change the future, all I can do is look forward, and try my best, work my hardest at everything I do.

The best thing about my school is the size. I enjoy being able to fall into the transition of college slowly and easily. If I were attending a large university, the classes would be close to 40 people and the teachers wouldn't know your name, or anything about you. My school allows for a sense of family and comfort which I don't think can be found very many places.

Veronica

I would ask myself "If money was an object where would I go? and if money was not an object where would I go? and it should be the same place." You are going to do great when you are in a place you want to be.

The worst thing about my school is that it is not a 4 year university. I wish it was a 4 year university because I had the idea of transferring.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the location. I have to go through traffic to get there. I hate traffic.

Lonestar College Kingwood (formerly North Harris Community College District) has a clean, beautiful campus, and the classes, registration process, and financial process are all straight forward and simple to navigate.

Lonestar College Kingwood is by far the closest school to my home and work, and the online offerings are plentiful and flexible.

?Do not quit school to work! You can do both, regardless of what you think, and it will be the most rewarding accomplishment of your life. Apply for scholarships! They will prepare you for your assignments and are absolutely worth the time they take to complete. Do not think that you cannot make it into the colleges you are hoping to enter; do not let your assumptions stop you from trying for the best that you are able to. Life comes fast, yes, but you can keep up. Do not allow discouragement to make you squander five years of your life that you could have been applying towards a degree!?

becky

make sure that the counselors know how you are so that its easier to get in and out of the office.

any kind of student is qualified to attend my school, the majority of the folks that are attending seem to be getting the basics out of the way so that when they decide to transfer to a university they will already have their basics taken care of.

the most frustrating thing is, trying to get into the counselors office. they tell you they will call you or even to wait in the lobby but not even get to you for a few hours and when they say they will call you back, it seems to never happen.

Kia

Cyfair college provides real world experiences.

Cyfair college provides real world experiences.

I am a College Freshman and I learned a lot about college life. If I could go back in time I would have told myself to organize my scholarships better so things would be smoother if I had started on my scholarships in 11th grade. I was a hard worker on my scholarships in my high school senior year, but I have become better. I started my job on April 2007-March 2008 and the money I made at work I could have used to get a car, save for college, and open a Roth IRA account for retirement. If I would have managed my money better my apartment emergency fund would be set . I would tell myself to let go of the past and learn from it. Even through I did not manage my money well in the past I will have no regrets because I am doing it in the present.

What I enjoy the most about my community college is the student activities. I will major in Interpreter Training Technology and provide the students with different ways to prepare us for the real world. They have the Deaf culture club, social events to practice American Sign Language, and an Interpreter Job fair. My community college offers college and community events. In addition to a leadership summit. My community college does not only provide academic rewards, but also to provide me to be more of a well rounding person.

Misti

Lonestar is known for their health programs and also for cheaper tuition.

Lonestar is known for their health programs and also for cheaper tuition.

As a college freshman I would tell my high school self to not procrastinate, look for scholarships, and go to class. I would look back and tell myself to join more clubs and really be a part of things because all community service and organizations build responsibility you will need in college. "Keep your grades up" is another thing that I would tell myself because grades are important to get into the college of your choice and also to recive scholarships that you may really need.

Someone who is looking for an easy transistion from hih school into college should look into going to Lonestar Community College. The classes are much smaller and the teacher want to help you be more than just a number. A student who is paying for their own education might also want to look into Lonesar because tution is cheaper.

Lone Star College System administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.