Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

YunYi

It is a great small community for 2 year college students. There a few sports and classes to choose from, but the professors are mostly helpful at teaching. It also gives high school students dual credit, which helps me be college prepared. There are lots of community events to join.

Alexandra

I think it was a good community college, all the professors I had cared alot about their students and made sure they understood the material. They were all easy accessible outside of class. Online classes were pretty simple for the most part, I never took classes online that I would feel would be to hard to self teach, but they always provided detailed explanations of the material. Overall I had a good experience there.

Edgar

I am very fond of of the community here at Lone Star. There are many varieties of people who are very interested in their own education and are working toward their dream goal whatever that may be. If you really look for it you may find people that have interests similar to yours and you may be able to network, just like you would be able to at a large university.

Natalia

It's very good.

Vanessa

Lone Star College System is a great and affordable choice to complete your basic classes and complete an Associate Degree. I completed my associate of science at Lone Star and now I plan on transferring to a 4-year University. Lone Star helped me take the next step when I though I couldn't afford it, thanks to the help of the many dedicated Professors. You will find mostly academic and financial benefits at this community college. Lone Star does not offer the campus life of a typical college and doesn't have many extracurricular activities and their financial aid office could be a lot better.

Daisy

This school is all what each person makes it out to be. I personally, think it's a great school to get undergrad classes done. If I knew someone looking to get a start at higher education, I would definitely recommend it to any family member or friend.

Alexis

The Lone Star College system has provided me with a wonderful and beneficial learning experience. While there are not any sports, the extra curricular activities as well as the classes, make this campus great. Professors are friendly and readily available to help students when it is needed. They are also easy to contact outside of classroom hours. Overall, Lone Star has taught me the necessary skills needed to survive at a 4 year university.

Christina

Lone Star College is an inexpensive community college where it is easy to get a head start on your education. The professors here are very accessible and actually care about the students needs. Also the class schedules that they offer are very flexible, so it is easy for those who work to still attend school. The only negative part about Lone Star College is that their food is a little over priced and does not taste very well. Other than that, their are great restaurants near by. Another thing i would like to add about lone Star is that, no matter what campus you are in there are always students smiling and having a great time at events, or even just the hall ways. Since i have been attending i have noticed that there really is no discrimination towards others and that to me is an outstanding quality to have for a campus. I highly recommend Lone Star College to anyone who is willing to further their education.

Lorena

When it comes to professors and their office hours, they are always there. There's also good help outside the classrooms like our MACLAB, which is where they help in math. Cafeteria is mall, and the food is a little pricy. There's no fights or anything dangerous happening on campus, so you'll feel safe. The library at North Harris is great and has several books and a workshop. Overall, I'm gad I go here.

Lonestar is a great community college to launch your educational career from. The advisors are committed to attending to student needs and questions. Lonestar has a phenomenal compliment of professors and staff. I've been very satisfied with my experience here.

Eileen

Lone Star College System has been a great college for me because it is close to home. It also has classes that allow more one on one time with the professors to ensure the material is understood. The professors are very understanding and they truly have helped me become more knowledgeable about distinct topics. I also have met and made so many friends around the city that have helped me grow as a person. Lone Star College System is a great college to go to if you want to stay close to home and attend smaller classrooms.

Ashlyn

I love and truly enjoyed the campus. It is very nature like and the people are friendly. Lone Star College care more about acadamics and pursuing a major than anything else.

Damaris

It is a great community college. All the staff and professors are very helpful and want to see you succeed. The class size is just right and even better for the honor's college. I definitely recommend coming here if you just aren't sure what you want to do yet. You'll definitely feel a sense of community.

emma

overall I think Lonestar is one of the better community colleges in the Houston area for liberal arts. the branch I attend (kingwood) seems to be struggling with some of the classes. but, all my professors have been amazing. way better than everyone had lead me to believe college professors could be. I just finished my first year and I am on track to graduate next year with an Associates of Arts. I plan to transfer​ to a university to complete a bachelor degree in psychology.

Nohely

The Lone Star College System is actually really great. Not only can you finish your 2-year degree on your own time but the classes are not overly crowded and everyone seems to have more time to help. A lot of good studying places too. I would recommend if you're just trying to finish your basics before transferring to university because it saves you some money and time.

Lone Star College is a community college so a student doesn't have a regular college experience like everyone else. The tuition is reasonable and the professors are great. I love it because it allows me to have flexible hours and it gives me time to focus on things other than school.

Chastity

Lone Star is an amazing community college. The advisers there have been more than helpful with helping me plan my future in school and they have been helpful with my change of major. The professors are fun and strive to help students. There are also so many different things to get involved in at Lone Star and my time here has been absolutely great, fun, and educational!

Macaleb

My overall opinion is that the instructors are really nice and very professional. The work is fairly easy and it helps you learn new things that you may have not known before.

Jasmine

I am a second generation Lone Star College student. The transition from high school in to LSC would be something that I recommend to any incoming freshman seeking to earn a degree. The small class sizes and dedicated professors have already taught me very valuable lessons within a brief time. I look forward to earning my associates degree and transferring into a university in the next couple of years.

Viet

The campus has devoted to the education of student after high school life so the class is not big which make for a very nice education experience which you can talk to the professor. The student are often so friendly and sociable which you can often discuss with the lesson after class and often you can hang out as friend.

sarah melanie

Lone Star College System is a great community college. I have been there for one semester so far to do my basics and I love it. I do most of my courses online and the professors are always available and an email away to answer questions. The courses are not too challenging, but they are slightly challenging and easy to balance a job and schoolwork.

Nayeli

As my first year here at Lone Star, I am and have been enjoying it. The staff and professors are friendly and available if needed. I chose community college for my first year in college to help save up to transfer to a four year university and the cost of classes here at Lone Star are affordable and are in fact helping me save up. The campus is a decent size and it is easy to get from one building to another once you get the hang of the campus layout. I do recommend Lone Star for any one looking for an affordable and great education.

Jewel

The Lone Star College System is overall a great school and has a nice learning environment. They provide many resources that help me to better myself in my studies and also have an awesome staff who are always there to help in any way possible. I would definitely reccomend this school to anyone interested in going to a community college.

Bao

I appreciate the services provided and the professors. Most are great, some aren't. The food is good. They have access to libraries and such. The faculty can be very helpful if need me. Some counselors are great. They help lead the way, you just have to be clear about what path you're taking.

Angela

I have been attending Lone Star for quite some time and it has been a great experience. I have made friends, obtained knowledge, and overall have enjoyed my time here. It is a great start and stepping stone to pursuing higher education. I recommend anyone who needs a start, to start at Lone Star.

Capri

I love it! It's a cheaper and valuable option for those seeking a degree or certification. It has helped me determine what I really want to pursue. Classes are smaller and fun, with teachers that are dedicated to their work and have a drive to help students learn, no matter the circumstances.

Shelby

Lone Star College System is the perfect school to get an amazing education. If you are a student that is fresh out of high school, Lone Star is perfect because you don't have a dramatic change. The class sizes are fairly small which makes interacting with classmates and professors easy. As the slogan goes with this school you can "Start Close Go Far" many students such as myself will attend Lone Star College to get the necessary credits needed to transfer into their dream school. The environment on campus is like no other, the faculty and staff as well as the students are very kind and genuine people to be around. You will have the time of your life here at Lone Star College.

Kae'la

I love Lone Star College. It's a small campus but it has a very unique university feel to it. They always do their best to make sure the students are doing well. They have many resources on cam pus like free tutoring, food pantry, school supply pantry, transfer center, etc. There are always some type of student events, and its very easy to get something started that has never been done before. Always room for growth.

Nathaly

My overall opinion of Lone Star College System is a 3- Star rating. I do believe that other cities should have junior colleges like Lone Star and I believe that the school system is beneficial to anyone and everyone. The school system is still forming and is meeting it's potential rapidly. I rated 3- Stars because compared to Universities the school has a lot less resources but Overall Lone Star is a great Junior college to attend your freshman and sophmore year.

Austin

As a community college system, Lone Star College is tough to beat. It is a great stepping stone for the student who would like to transfer to a 4-year university, with very helpful advisers that will make it easy to choose classes that correlate to the university of your choice. It is also a great option for those looking to get a 2-year associates degree, with plenty of relevant degrees to choose from. The class sizes are small in comparison to a university stand point which makes each professor easily accessible in and out of the classroom. For those looking beyond into the extracurricular realm, there are plenty of great clubs and organizations to get involved with. I am glad I chose Lone Star College, as there are numerous resources available to each student to effectively propel them into their future.

Lone Star College is full of amazing and knowledgeable students and faculty. I go to the North Harris branch. It is very safe and comforting, with a hometown feel. The academics are wonderful no matter what program track, and the diversity of the student body is very interesting due to different viewpoints on current events.

kelly

This is my first year at lonestar but I love it! I took dual credit classes in high school which is so cool because you get to get a headstart on your college path and take a class for college credit. They are just a community college so they dont have dorms or greek life, but they make up for it in the tons of resources available on campus. The teachers are always there to answer your questions, and its so easy to make friends. They offer on campus, online, weekend, and late start classes so its super easy to take the step in getting a degree, no matter what your situation. I would definitely recommend Lonestar to anyone!

Haley

Do I really have to? Ugh.

Mallory

Overall, Lone Star College System is an easy school that works well with your schedule and wallet. Highly recommend if you aren't quite ready for a big campus or the "college life". It's affordable and located in a good area. The classes are relatively easy and they have great advisors!

Desiree

Our campus is the largest, most active campus out of the college system. every semester we have events from open gym, festivals, scavenger hunt to get scholarships and a crayfish boil. All of our resources are available to all students and the friendly staff makes it feel like home.

Natalie

Lone Star is an delightful place to be in or out of class. All of the resources at Lone Star are nice and pristine. There's no difficulty accessing any of these resources. Everyone is friendly, including the professors and staff. The doors are always open for people to come in and say hello and ask questions whether it's to an adviser or to a professor. The professors often have an open mind and agree that no question is a dumb question. While outside of class, you can often catch students playing frisbee or lounging in hammocks between classes. Students are often open to sharing conversation, knowledge, food, and even their hammocks with you. Every student there is truly humbled and wanting to further their knowledge. Students are very helpful towards other students, whether it's giving directions or explaining different things around campus. The students are truly the backbone of this schooling system. Every where you look, you can see the students truly shaping the future through different assemblies they've set up and other ways that they've helped the community. Though it is merely a community college, there is a lot of drive and passion in the students that attend Lone Star. They are truly building a bigger, better, and brighter future.

carlos

lone star being a community college in my opinion is actually pretty nice for an academic institution. its for people that don't need all the extras a normal college gives you. their is no dorms so we all live in our own places and in most cases with our parents. all classes are available for you to get your associates degree. on the other hand you cant call this a real college experience. if you just want to get in and out, then its a great community college. however if you go in expecting a vast college life, you may be drastically disappointed.

Gina

It's a great school and offer all the help you can get. I love that I'm going here! The campus life is exciting and it's also close by to most people's homes so everyone is happy with that. The classes are a bit challenging, but this is college. I overall love this school

Robert

I enjoy how Lone Star College does whatever possible to expand the horizon of community colleges. They do not just have resources like a financial aid office, an advising and counseling office, and a career counseling office. They also have a library, an Extended Learning Center, a TRiO branch, a wellness center, a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, an Honors College, and a performing arts center. They are also keen on having a student life office to have their students engaged in clubs such as the Music Club, ECO Club, the Core, Gay-Straight Alliance, Japanese Culture/Anime Club, and so many more. All I would like to see change is the addition of more cardiorespiratory machines like rowing machines and stair machines. Other than that, I believe Lone Star College should continue what they are doing because they are doing a great job expanding the horizon.

Ariole

Lone Star is a journey. You may fail a class or even take a break and they treat you like you never left. There are people who genuinely care about your success and literally go to the highest mountain for your sake. It really is a 'no-fail' school.

Mikaela

The Lone Star College System has provided many great opportunities in continuing education. If you are looking for quality teachers and the chance for smaller class sizes this is the perfect place. Lone Star has given many a chance to succeed whether the have considered transferring or reaching their goal of an Associate's Degree. If these are the things are what your looking for Lone Star is one of the best places.

Lone Star College is an amazing school. Since I have been in attendance at LSC I have become a better student. There's so many on campus resources that are available for students to capitalize their learning experience. They offer so many extracurricular activities for everyone. The school is very diverse, therefore, you get to interact with people from all over the world and of different ethnicity's and cultures. The school takes your safety very seriously, therefore, they have a police department on campus ad always have active police officers on campus. Professors are amazing here at LSC, they make themselves available for students at all times, and they take pride in making sure you understand the material being taught. Torturing services are provided for all students and there are other resources that can be used to better your learning experience in the library. The cafeteria food is good, there's always fresh food out and the prices are fair. The school is always clean and the staff is friendly and very helpful. I think Lone Star College is a very good school and I would recommend anyone whose looking to attend a 2 year college to apply at LSC.

Sierra

I love that it’s so affordable. That’s the biggest takeaway and not only that but a great transitional school before attending a full on four year college. The professors are of quality and the classes are small so it’s easier to concentrate and get individual help on the content that you’re learning.

Briana

My overall experience with Lone Star College is that I am glad I enrolled with them after highschool. The price of the education was good but alas I still had to take loans. I have achieved a degree with my time there and will strive for others as my education rises. It is a friendly college that is good for students who are unsure of where to go. It can be a stop to rest at or it can be a home to build from, it decides on what you would do with the opportunity that they provide you.

elaine

In the beginning, I always thought community college was not as rigorous as an actual university. However, after attending my first year at Lone Star College - North Harris, it made me realize that it was no different. The work was as tedious and hard just like any other university, but the student body and staff there were a big help to my success in many of my classes. Lone Star College is a great place to start if you are still uncertain and uncomfortable with the thought of going off to a big university. Just as the saying goes, "Start close, go far."

Ciara

I am very happy that I chose to go to Lone Star College. The staff and professors are very nice and always available for help. The campus is really small, but I still meet a lot of people each day. The community is friendly and there are many places to study. There are many activities each month and there are always events in which you can be involved. There are so many fun opportunities Lone Star provides for us students. It is such a great campus and I recommend it for taking basic classes.

Fernando

Lone star collage is a perfect place to start learning and experience new things in the everyday life. The faculty staff here are very friendly towards everyone and help first time students when they are lost. It is also affordable to pay for classes and books on each semester but when transferring to a university it can get expensive but Lonestar helps reduce the cost which is helpful. Overall it is really a good place to start a career and to move forward towards a big step.

Issac

I love how close is everything. It not far from home that make everything better. We get our own parking space I thought that was cool. I want to make games and I know that lonestar can do that. I feel safe and feel like I'm home plus it's cheaper than other collage. I don't have to spent a lot of money to go college and I can get the same stuff at this college.

Iqra

Lone Star College System is a community college that provides all students of all ages access to valuable education and knowledge to give them a chance at a good future. I especially enjoyed the diversity that the campus promoted, as I was able to meet, interact and learn with people of different age, ethnicity and religion. The smaller class sizes also gave an more intimate learning experience and created a more engaging learning environment. Lastly, the campus is always clean and looks beautiful!

I love how convenient this college is, I truly love the staff here. And they are always trying to involve us in student life/events.