Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

Makayla

When a calm, breezy morning welcomes you to the earlier classes, the Lone Star Montgomery campus consists of pure serenity. Around the start of the afternoon, the campus becomes alive with several students adventuring to their first classes, promoting student involvement, and working hard among the halls of each building. While unexpected, attending Lone Star for the current fall semester has been a true wonder. As I have met numerous students from a variety of backgrounds, I have become increasingly open minded. Similarly, having learned various reasons for others’ continuing their education has also allowed me to realize the endless opportunities the world can offer. Because I began the semester in specified courses for science majors, it has been especially easy to discover new friends with similar interest and work ethics. Although the students I have come across are a major reason that I maintain an excellent view of Lone Star, the professors and administrators are also exceptional. As I continue my pre-medical journey through advanced science and mathematic courses, all of my professors have been more than willing to assist with any difficulties students may be having. Most of the professors are constantly available while others continue their availability through their office hours. These professors care about educating their students and consistently go beyond to help them. With a friendly and respectful manner, these professors allow their students to enjoy even their most difficult courses. Since I became enrolled in Lone Star, I have experienced a minimal amount of issues, all of which have been solely concentrated in the financial aid department. Excellent advisors also may be difficult to find; however, fortunately, I was able to be assisted by one from the beginning. Most aspects of this college are spectacular, and I am grateful to have the opportunity to experience them.

Jilian

Lone Star College System was, in my opinion, nothing special. The classrooms were clean and everything was well announces and informed through flyers and emails but I didn't much care for my classes. Most of my teachers were okay but only a three or four were good/great. Having attended 3 of the campuses, there were only 1 that drove me to learn and enjoy what I was involved in which was disappointing.

Kathryn

I was very impressed with Lone Star College. As a community college I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. The faculty and staff are always nice and helpful. Campus police are approachable and always patrolling. Classes are challenging but not impossible and professors are always there to help you. We have free tutoring and a ton of other free resources available to us. Lone Star wants to see their students succeed and that's evident in everything they do. I could not have asked for a better school to attend.

Jacquelyn

I love this college so much! It is really dedicated to its students' success and happiness. The professors care about their students and do all they can to make sure the material is understood and that the students are participating. The campus life is always engaging offering free activities for the student body to enjoy and relax with. The extra-curricular activities are some of the best mini families I've ever had, and the opportunities available through them are both international and domestic.

Hailey

Lone Star College System does a great job of giving the students a one on one education which really helps them better their education. The classes are a good size and the professors really want to help the students learn. By being able to being my education here I think that I can have a better education later on.

Robert

This community college is pretty decent overall. The facilities are clean, quiet, and functional. The library has lots of helpful devices. Classrooms are pretty small so it's easier to talk to the professor. You're gonna take a gamble on what kind of professor you choose. Use ratemyprofessor first. Bookstore's a ripoff so try to find online textbook rental/purchase.

Lone Star College System is a great place to go to complete general education/basic classes before transferring to a university. It offers some real world experience and helps you learn about college and interacting with other people. Most of the teachers or excellent but there have been some that I do not believe should be teaching at Lone Star. Overall, it is a great place to be and a good first step into the real world and learning!

Nusret

My personal experience at Lone Star academically has been great. The campus staff is pretty helpful and friendly. Professors usually respond to emails quick. The campus is always clean and there are a lot of nice spots to study at. However i would like to see a better social life on campus. Most of the clubs offered by Lone Star are ones most students aren't interested in and there is a lack of social events on campus.

Priscilla

I think its a great campus. It is quiet and relaxing which is how I like it. The professors are really nice and the professors I've had so far are all very kind, patient and fun. The faculty here are also nice when you need help or have any questions. Overall, my first year here was awesome.

Khari

I am an early college student, so my views may be different from the majority. As a whole, the facilities are accessible, up to date, and quite advanced for a community college system. The facilities I have in mind are the library, the gym, and the student center. On campus, activity is always present and shown through free give-a-ways, etc. Although there is a PHI THETA KAPPA (of which I am a part of) there are no fraternities or sororities on campus. But don't fret, the community participation is endless. Overall Lone Star College system is diverse, intricatem, and connected, and I highly recommend this college for first-time​ community college students.

The Lone Star College System is a thriving community college with a wide variety of classes, programs, and activities available. The professors are willing to work with you and consider special circumstances, there are men and women's centers available that are very involved in community outreach, and the overall environment on campus is extremely safe, pleasant, and conducive to learning. Taking classes at Lone Star College was one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I frequently recommend attending Lone Star to others.

Leslie

Lone Star College is an affordable option to begin your higher education to earn credits towards a meaningful degree or career. The staff and community are friendly and cooperates to make the best learning environment possible to guarantee student success.

Zainab

Overall, the college is a fun, friendly campus with abundant opportunities. Most, if not all, professors are knowledgeable and helpful. The library is by far the best resource on campus not only because of the librarians, but also thanks to the Academic Success Center that provides tutoring.

Sydney

Lone Star College is a great two-year college to go to, to get a quality education without the sudden rush of a four-year university. It is also a great college for people who want to go back to school and get a degree in their preferred major. Their prices are reasonable, which allows me to get the required credits at other universities at Lone Star.

Nicholas

Lone Star College is what you expect when you plan to attend a community college. Classes are fairly small and can be quite interesting from time to time. What really interests me is the diversity on campus. Community college is like a net of different cultures and age groups. Classes here at Lone Star contain a multitude of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures, and that is what makes them so interesting. What we see as differences in each other is what creates such a unique and involved culture.

Anthony

I have been a student of the lonestar college system for around two years now, and I can say overall it is a diverse campus. Although when speaking to advisors on which classes to take they can lead you in the wrong direction which can be a bit frustrating so I suggest visiting several advisors then making a educated choice on which path you choose to take. On another note when it comes to the financial office I advise that you check multiple times to ensure that your classes will be paid for during the next coming semester, being that I have been given the wrong information several times when asking upon this situation. As long as you stay focused and use " rate my professor" when searching for classes you will be fine when it comes to this school.

Before student graduate high school, most of them are not sure what they want to major in. This is the same problem I had, so going to a large 4-year university and having to pay so much in tuition didn't seem like the best plan. Luckily, I had many friends who were enrolled in Lone Star College and told me about how great it was if you still needed time to decide what you wanted to do. I can positively say that attending Lone Star College was one of the best decisions I could have made due to the variety of excellent classes they offer, to the intelligent, helpful professors, and the safe superior environment it provides for it's students and staff. No matter how unsure about college one is, or how difficult they find it adjusting to a university-like life, I would definitely recommend investing in Lone Star.

Melissa

My overall opinion on Lone Star College system, is that is a great school to meet new people all the time. Although, they don't have dorms they to have an exceptional staff who are always available when the student needs help. In addition, the teachers are also remarkable, they are willing to give up their time as well to make sure the student feels successful in the subject. Another good thing about this campus is that they have tutoring services where students give their time to help others on what ever subject they feel like they are struggling with. It's been a blessing to have started my college experience in Lonestar College, now I feel prepared to transfer to a 4-year institution where I can finally obtain my Bachelors Degree in Nursing.

Jauana

Overall lone star is a great community college with alot to offer for everyone. If your want to stay local and cut cost then transfer lone star has it. Lone star is also big on staying up to date with in demand work ready fields. My current field is cyber security and lone star has a degree for that. Where universities such as University of Houston and Rice do not yet have them. No matter what location your at you can take classes any where and in any format. I prefer online because I commute but I don't miss anything. The professors are still helpful and people the population is mixed with working adults you can still be involved with campus life.

Darrion

As the community college, I needed to go to save money. I have enjoyed every bit of it. Going in and thinking I would not meet anyone, yet that is the complete opposite. I have met several different people in all my classes. My professors have all been fantastic. I have not had a class I did not like. The professor has made learning fun and interesting compared to high school. I am very happy with my decision to go to Lone Star​.

Simeon

The school is nice, affordable, and nearby. It is a great way to get an associates degree out of the way and provides great transfer opportunities. The University Park campus is still only a few years old and is well kept. The parking is not amazing but it is still far better than other colleges.

Bill

Lonestar College is a modern, eco friendly, and very clean campus. The teachers are for the most part good, the services offered are great, and I feel safe on and off campus. There are a variety of clubs to get involved in, and many social events and areas to meet new people.

Stephen

It's a great SMALL campus, but there aren't many opportunities for community involvement or real-world experiences. Because it's only a two-year community college, there are no dorms or competitive sports, so students don't really form tight-knit groups or have much in common outside of school.

sarah

I have a very positive opinion of Lone Star College, my professors are attentive, and I have learned an extraordinary amount in the past few months as a student. The facilities are clean and up to date. There is a great amount of parking, and the workers on campus are professional and helpful!

While it might take a while to obtain your Associates degree, Lone Star will help you with anything. Different campuses offer different clubs and service. Flexible schedule. Always make friends in a class you think you won't pass. The food is good but not cheap. The average big size class is about 20 people.

Macayla

The Lone Star College System is great, I've never had any problems here. There are a lot of support systems in place to help students, and even those in the community, succeed. The classes aren't easy like some people believe community college is like, they are challenging and force you to try your best. Learning is a priority here.

Ashlee

When people think of community college, they think they are going to miss out on all the opportunities available at a university. I thought the same. I was wrong. I have grown incredibly at my time here at Lone Star, and I feel like I will be ready to take on a university once I transfer. I participate in Phi Theta Kappa, the Honors College, National Model United Nations, and so many more organizations. These organizations make me feel fulfilled and change the atmosphere of college from simply studying to a lasting education and personal growth.

Dymon

My overall opinion of the Lone Star College System is that while it certainly isn't the worst place to get your associate degree or trade certification, there are most certainly things that can be improved upon. The classrooms and student to teacher ratio are often the same size as a high school class leaving little room for more personalized teaching methods. I feel as if the school focuses more on extracurricular activities rather than offering it's students a better and more meaningful educational experience.

Courtney

Lone Star College is great community college with so much to offer to its students and faculty combined. It is super convenient to have such a great campus(s) close to home while receiving an even greater education. I, as well as many others are beyond lucky to attend an outstanding campus with excellent professors who teach wonderfully and care for their students. With great gratitude I would like to thank you for lending your time to offer students like myself an offer to receive financial help to further our education and foresee the future with bountiful success. Sincerely, Courtney Bartlett

Serena

I enjoy Lone Star College and feel it is a great environment to learn and to meet new people. I was a dual credit student which means I was a lot younger than most of the students that attended. However, that was never an obstacle and was never a problem after four years of being a student.

April

I honestly loved Lone Star. Lone star Cy-fair has such a pretty campus and there is plenty of parking for everyone. I've made lots of friends and my professors were all great. Online classes were my favorite but the in person ones were great as well. There is so many clubs to join and stuff outside of school to do. If you are planning on attending Lone star, definitely check out the Cy-Fair campus.

Zukhruf

its great but not for one actually wanting to pursue a long term degree since only two year degrees are offered. The environment is alright but it is a good choice for those who want to create a solid foundation before actually entering a larger university. WOuld not prefer to a highschool grad but good for thos who work and have other life.

Nancy

In my time at any LSC campuses I find that the professors care about their job and want lower income students to succeed.

Billy

I was new to the area and the Lone Star College System was where I wanted to enroll. It serves as a stepping stone for me to complete the classes I need to complete before I transfer to the University of Houston's Main Campus. The Lone Star College System already had a transfer program to the University of Houston so I can follow a track record of all the classes I need to take and make sure they are the course equivalent classes for my major, so I won't have to repeat any of the classes when I transfer.

Tyrell

I really like this school, I'm starting out small before I hit the big leagues, as in after I'm done with Lone Star, I'm attending U of H or Texas Christian University . I like Lone Star because I get to meet people from all over the world with out having to travel to meet them, yet. I encourage everyone who wants to attend college to start of at Lone star.

Gissele

The Lone Star College System is a great community college to start off with. The faculty really cares about student success and will really strive to work with you in your goals. It is a low student to faculty ratio which I like. I also like how flexible hours can be around a work schedule.

Hafsa

I was initially hesitant to enroll in Lone Star College and was planning on going to University. I ended up deciding to go here and I feel really happy that I did. I honestly feel like it was really important to come here first for me because it helped me get a taste of college without becoming overwhelmed.

Gicell

It’s a goodnight college that helps students save money and get a good education. They have good resources for students to study or feel relaxed. However, they do struggle with their staff support. It’s a big wait time for anything and often when called up they make your meeting rushed.

jose

On my visit to the campus I experienced a very clean and safe campus. The staff were very nice and the atmosphere was very welcoming. Being a campus that is close to my residence and much more affordable than other colleges I believe that it is the best way to start college.

ammy

the teachers are really nice as well as the students. they treat everyone nice. they offer a lot of tutting to help their students pass their class . also the school is really neat and organized in the library and hallways. the teachers know how to explain something really specific, its easy to catch up.

Desiree

As a new student entering into the college life, I cannot help but be nervous about what is to come. Lone Star College-North Harris is the closest establishment to my house, as it is 10 minutes away, and it’s very convenient for me as I can save money other then moving out to be closer to the school. As I pursue the degree of becoming a paralegal, I see there are a variety of other opportunities and careers that a student can choose from. From the medical field to the technology field. It is the student’s passion that’ll help them grow into the career and learn so much more about it. As I applied to my classes at Lone Star, the staff there were very kind and helpful to establish the classes I needed to take and offered suggestions that would fit my schedule once I have a job. Although it is best to have three classes, to begin with, I choose to have four classes as not only will it speed up my education, but it will be beneficial for me to push forward and face challenges that will make me stronger. Just by visiting the campus by itself and attending dual credit classes in high school, I can have a head start in the new chapter in my life. Having an education is crucial to step​ into the real world. Lone Star College will be the place where I can become a better person and pursue the career that will help the community and society.

Lone Star college system is really great! They have great facilities: tutoring, online assignments, library, advising, all of it is easy access and heavily advertised. The library is full of students who are studying and it's easy to catch a classmate in there with you to study with. The environment is also welcoming and helpful. If you see an advisor or professor, they are always there to help. One time I got a bad grade on a test and my professor agreed to talk about it with my if I came to his office one day, the next test I knew how to study because of his review. It is a great way to transition into a 4-year university and the professors are great. I would recommend going to LSC for anyone who wants to save money and have a great experience.

Jewel

Lone star college is a great start for anyone going into college for the first time or coming back to college. The professors do care for your education and the amount of help you could get from the advisors is amazing. There’s so many resources available for students that are very helpful and wished I had in high school.

aleisha

Lone Star College System is a very open and welcoming college, there are plenty of clubs to get involved in. The professors are for the most part extremely accessible when you need them and are very helpful to any questions and concerns a student may have.

Mustafa

It is a great College to be if you want to receive a good education at a low cost. Lone Star offers a lot of classes that help students get into many different careers. They have an Engineering program that any student interested in Engineering can benefit from.

Abril

For students who aren't really ready (financially) to jump straight into a university and want to save money by going to a community college first and finishing off basics there then I would definitely recommend lone star as one of the top choices for a cheaper way to start off a life of college.

Valeria

Lone Star college has professors that are always accessible. In my experience, the professors are only a text/email away. The classes are small so the lectures tend to be personable. Of course, there is no greek life offered and there is only one sport offered and it is only offered for males. There is really no interaction between the students unless you go out of your way to make friends because everyone tends to keep to themselves. Some professors do teach off the powerpoint, which can make attendance pointless since they post everything online (save yourself the trouble and go on ratemyprofessor). I believe Lone Star college is good for those students trying to save money.

Genesis

I like Lone Star, it has beautiful campuses, it is diverse and offers many opportunities. It is a good community college, just like how their slogan says "Start here, go anywhere". It is a really good option for anyone wanting to save money on getting their basics done.

The teachers are pretty average with a few exceptions. The biggest downfall of this college system is their Advisor team. You wait for hours to speak to someone for five minutes, and leave still having questions. I believe if they had a more Advisors, or a better system to schedule appointments with students they would have better results.

Justin

Lone Star is a great place to start your college education. This college system is relatively one of the cheapest places you can attend and the education is still very good. The professors and staff really want to see you succeed and will help you if you need help with anything. They have certain groups that can help you find a job, if you have kids they have a place for that, and they can help you edit and give you suggestions on your writing. Not only that, but they have some recreational sports and activities that you can take part in. Lastly, they have a gym and your membership is free, excluding the cost to use a locker which is still very cheap.