Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

Tony

It is a really nice campus with a nice scenery and good facilities for student to utilize to help them study after they get out of class. The professors that are there are also very friendly and helpful and is very concerned about the studies of their students.

Devon

I attended Lone Star College in Tomball for 2 semesters in order to chip away at core credits before I transferred to the University of Houston, and ended up finding something more. I found professors who care about their students, and a campus - though not perfect - that was more than willing to adjust to the needs of its attendees. With that said, the campus is best served as a transfer opportunity rather than a four-year university. If that's what you're doing, there's no better place.

Sheridan

The faculty, staff and campus always seem friendly and attentive to my needs or questions. I've been studying there for about two years and have never had problems or encountered dangers. The advisors, tutors and extra services like the write place are very good resources for help and I highly recommend taking advantage of the many options available to help you. There are many fun events in or around the campus and it's easy to be notified either by bulletins, poster, e-mail, or checking the website.

Andrea

It is an amazing community college that cares for its students and offers them a wide range of transfer and workforce opportunities. Our president is highly involved with the student community, there are social and academic groups that offer extra curricular activities and the general personality of the school provides an atmosphere of solidarity, ambition, and resilience.

Miguel

The college system of Lone Star is very good since its available for many high school graduates and offers lots of opportunities like different degrees for example, associates, technical careers, and they offer credits for a bachelors degree as students transfer from 2 years at Lone Star to 2 years anywhere, and offers lots of opportunities for many military schools to work in, for those who want to be in the workforce they can be a doctor, soldier and etc. I think Lone Star ,unlike other universities, has a diversity of clubs with any types of volunteering opportunities,with some that takes part of the field you may be interested in and have the experience before working in that field. I recommend this system especially for those who seek a bachelors, the first two years there you can take classes for cheap cause the first 2 years, in any college, is just focused on academics; so you save money and you'll get the credits you need before transferring. This college has teachers available at their own times, and the system provides tutorials for free for any class you'll need help with. The food ,yes, its good I believe this campus has the best and delicious meals. I enjoyed the experience and hope this helps students who seek college after high school.

I feel Lone Star College System is beneficial to the community in that it gives students with financial disabilities an opportunity to have successful careers with its affordable tuition. I honestly was not excited to go to a community college, but I am now proud if my achievement of continuing my education.

jessica

It is a good college to go to if you want smaller class sizes with professors who will talk to students on a one on one basis if needed. It is also a good place to go to if you are a local who does not want to go somewhere far from home to study and if you are on a budget.

Manahil

I believe that Lone Star is definitely a good start for someone just wanting to get their basics out of the way because it's a decent campus, decent staff, and pretty nice lectures, although I do wish we did a little more when it comes to sports because I feel like this campus should have a team or something like that!

Tanya

I am satisfied with Lone Star College System. I believe it's very well organized and the environment is very student friendly. Plenty of spots for seating and easy access to from class to class especially in bad weather. Safety is a top priority at Lone Star North Harris. Plenty of police officers that secure various areas.

Good, cheap school. This is a good place to start your college career. I transferred from a college in Illinois and did not have any trouble with any of my credit hours transferring over to this school. The class sizes are small and personal. I do not care for the online portal, I think it could be made to be more user-friendly. Trying to get anyone from admissions to answer a simple question is like trying to pull a tooth. Expect not to hear back from anyone for at least 3 days.

Maria

My overall opinion of Lone Star is that it one big community set to help each other. Everyone on campus is very helpful and I believe that they truly care about their students success. They made my enrolling process swift answered any questions I had. Good professors, very energetic and interactive with students.

Ryan

It is a pretty decent school. But it's a community college, so it's not going to be what you expect at a regular university or institution f f f f f It is a pretty decent school. But it's a community college, so it's not going to be what you expect at

Adrian

I believe that it is good community because it help us meet new people,find events that interact with each other, and have a better understanding in this area. Plus you get to do activity that lonestar is setting up from different locations. Then they also got amazing tutors to help you out if your struggling because they also help me and it was very effective.

Gabby

Lone Star is College is a great community college. If you are unsure on what you want to do when you college then this is a great way to start college. They have great resources to help you out with what your major is and also help you figure out what you want to do. The classes are small but the teachers are great and are willing to help and the school helps you have a great college experience.

I believe the chances of entering and paying all college expenses is fair and reasonable; it gives students a chance to go to college to cover their basics so that they may move on to universities later on. The amount of activities held is very appropriate, but could probably hold more every now and then.

William

This college is a great starter school where with many locations around the Houston Area. They have a variety of class times to meet everyone's busy schedule. I was able to complete my associates degree while working full time without any issues. Classes are very affordable.

Kerria

his is a good school to get the basic classes done. The classes are not really challenging, and it's easy to get an A if you put in a little effort. I have not had any busywork in my classes. I only enrolled at Lone Star because I screwed around in high school and this was my only option. A lot of the people are not really outgoing and are only there to get through the class and leave. There is not any social life, but that is to be expected of a community college. It is also really cheap. They are very generous with the financial aid. I have gotten A's in classes I feel that I didn't deserve an A in, so I suspect there is some grade inflation here. In class, no one really speaks up so it makes class pretty boring. But it's a community college so you can't really compare it to University.

Paxton

The Lone Star College system provided me with the chance to start off my college career with a cheap and reliable education. It's close to home, non-expensive, and gives me the same academic opportunities that any other university could offer me. Lone Star is a highly recommended option and thoroughly appreciated.

James

For the time that I've been here at Lone Star College System, I've learned this is a place for people to connect and understand what college life is like for beginners. I gave it 4 stars for the reason of it being such a small school system compared to a 4-year college as it has less of a variety in food, housing, and extra-curricular activities.

Billie

I love Lonestar college. I attend the Tomball campus and the professors are great and the campus resources are always available. The advisors are very help full in helping provide the information I need when I transfer school. Even when the school is closing on a Friday I am still able to turn in homework thanks to the officers.

Luis

The Lone Star College System is a great 2 year college to attend to.

Lone Star College System is a great alternative school for those students wanting to finish a 2 year program, without breaking the bank. Lone star provides great flexible classes such as, in person, online, or hybrid. Bonus! They also provide night classes. The experience here is great, such a diverse environment and awesome student life experiences.

Kiera

I love going to lone star; it really works with my schedule. I like being small classes because I can connect with others and the teachers better. There’s so much to do academically even though I don’t have the time. I have so much planned and lone star is helping me achieve those plans. Going to lone star makes me happy and they have so many resources.

Thao

Lone Star College System is considered to be the best community college in my area. They have several campuses within the city and nearby local. The admission and registration process is quite simpler than other colleges. The professors and advisors are amazing. They are dedicated, friendly, and helpful. They give you advice whenever you need, whether in the classroom or out-of-class. The food in the cafeteria is a little overpriced, but around the school has fast-food restaurants like McDonald, Chickfila, or Shipley. Their classrooms, including lecture and labs, are very organized and fresh. Only the University Park has the inside parking lot; otherwise, you have to park outside in the other campuses, but they are safe. Overall, I have no complaint about this institution. I believe this is a college for anyone who is looking to complete their Associate Degree or transferred credit because based on their excellent educational and service skills, the price is affordable.

Sarina

Lone Star College System is a great place to go if you're unsure of what you want to do in the future. Lone Star gives you the experience of what to expect when you transfer to a University. There's access to a library, student center, and even a tutor center. Lone Star will help you achieve what you struggle in. It's a great place for first time college students.

Mi

Lone Star College is amazing. There are lots of resources to be found. The staff and faculty are always willing to help. A lot of the professors are very nice and always willing to help. It is also very affordable, and has lots of opportunities! There is something for everyone.

Although society usually stereotype community colleges as "ghetto", I see Lonestar as an exception. The staff and teachers are mostly friendly and are willing to help students. There are lots of programs students can join whether they want to transfer to a university or earn certifications to automatically enter the workforce. To make Lonestar even better, I would like to see a variety of clubs and organizations that can help students decide their major, like science, finance, and law. Ultimately, I think that it is the student's responsibility to make their time at Lonestar worthwhile and to make sure not to waste time and money.

Heather

Nice campus. A variety of services to help you out with friendly staff. Free parking is awesome! Credits transfer good! Big library to get all your studying done. Multiple campuses so you can find one close to home. You do have to pay extra for online classes which isn't good! Your student ID gets you discounts around town! Bonus!

Miho

The advisors are nice and easy to talk with. The facilities looks good; it's not dirty the walls and carpets aren't stained badly. The other students are polite enough and there are many interesting events happening every week or so. The professors I have are nice and teach well.

Johnathan

It is a pretty chill campus with a tremendous staff. The classes are small and it is very easy to get in touch with professors. The workload is never too much to handle. The campus is pretty liberal and progressive. There are also always events to attend.

Julianna

My overall opinion is not very great. I see Lone Star College as either a college that students attend, but never go anywhere in life, or a college to take basics courses and save money. I, personally, do not favor Lone Star. I am only attending to save money before I further my education at a university.

Ebony

It's a good place to get started but not somewhere I'd recommend for anyone trying to pursue a full education, especially not for a fine arts related major. The campus is rather small and parking is a bit of a hassle, though it is a community college so I suppose that's normal.

Jose

The campus is very well coordinated. There is always someone available to help when it is needed. The students are very well to get along with and fun to meet. The class sizes are small therefore, the professors are free to help and encourage students to ask question to fulfill there academic achievements.

Jace

Extremely inexpensive way to get your core credits in. Professors really care about your success and are always available through email or during office hours. Class sizes are comfortably small. Campuses are aesthetically pleasing, but small enough to get around quickly and easily. Pretty great for what it is, but don't go here if you want to socialize. It's a commuter college with a lot of nontraditional students, so the social scene is DEAD. The few clubs that exist meet during regular class hours. Also, parking sucks, ESPECIALLY at the Montgomery campus.

Kylah

Lone Star professors are always excited to teach and helpful. The teachers will make sure you understand the material. Most teachers don’t mind staying a few extra minutes or after class in order to make you feel secure in whatever they are teaching,

ambar

It is a very good community college. The Lone Star campus I attend was badly flooded after hurricane Harvey and is still under reconstruction so many classes are online but the professors are doing an excellent job of being available to students. The school also has many resources to help figure out the next step such as transferring to a four-year institution.

Robert

Lone Star College-Cy Fair is a pretty good School. You get to meet a lot of new people around the campus. They're a lot of things to do around the school, you just have to get involve and communicate with other people who are in a club/group so that you can get involved as well. I'd only suggest going to Lone Star College if you are planning to get an Associates degree only. Lone Star College offers a lot of career programs so that any person can get an associates degree.

Catherine

I've really enjoyed taking classes here. Lone Star is a community college, so it's a great place to experiment in new areas without wasting all your money. The campus is very nice, and the smaller class size allows a better connection with professors.

Trevor

It's a good college to start off at if you don't have the budget for a four-year university. Most students transfer to one after about two years. They usually go here to do their basics and transfer or to get into the workforce quickly. We have sports but they're more like clubs than competitive as far as most students know.

Camila

It is a beautiful campus but like any other college or university, parking is a battle. There are really great facilities that are well maintained and so many extra curricular activities to get involved in. I would stay at this school if they offered four year degrees.

Micah

Lone Stara College System is a great Houston-Based community college that offers numerous organizations and groups to get involved in. they commited to making sure everyone graduates or receives a certificate. I would recommend anyone in Houston to start out here as it is so much cheaper and will allow you to save for a 4 year university when your ready to transfer.

Kyla

The teachers are great, you just have to find the right one. The schools vary in size, but they are not as big as universities, which is a pro for someone who dislike walking. Parking can get full easily, but you can avoid that by going to school real early, or take afternoon classes.

Luis

Such a great school all the classes are easy to follow and I feel like the professors care for me and all my grades which is very helpful. The students here are also so friendly and no one is a bully or anything we all accept eachother for who we are.

Brianna

The system is very affordable and useful to students who cannot afford to be full-time, those just looking to spend money, or dual credit students, like myself. The environment is very friendly and I genuinely feel like the student body is, overall, very kind.

Kendra

My overall review of Lone Star College is fairly good. There is a lot of diversity and i highly recommend it to those who can not afford a 4 year University right out of High School. For the most part, professors want you to succeed and their is always someone their to help. The campuses are well maintained and there are a ton of extra circular to choose from.

Priscilla

Lone Star College at University Park is a peaceful and calming location to study at. The only issue is that there aren't that many elevators in the most active buildings. It is extremely packed at times, and there are moments where they stop functioning. Lone Star at University Park has amazing student life events for students to get involved and have a great time. Yet, students and Professors would get to their classes in time if there were more elevators.

Carla

I love it. It's a good place to start your college career. It is accessible and easy to find classes and parking. Teachers are helpful and I've never had any problems with the staff. They are all really nice. They set up the college system to benefit you, so all you have to do is show up and do your work easily. It's great.

Ivan

Lone Star College at the Cyfair Campus is very big and full of opportunities. There is lots to do on this campus and easy to make friends and join clubs. All teachers are easily available and always there to help with questions on any subject. There is always on campus tutoring for free for students who need the help. Awesome Campus!

Marianna

Lone star college is a good school! The campus does not have housing though, it’s just a community college. There are different campuses and they are all pretty and clean. One of my biggest complaints is with the help that you receive. For some reason when you go to one desk asking for help they send you to another and that goes on until you circle back around to the first one where they do what you needed. One time I had to go to four different rooms around campus until one lady was nice enough to help us even though it wasn’t her department. On the other side, the school has a great curriculum, its nursing program is a very well-known program. The professors are usually pretty nice, nothing out of the ordinary. When it comes to sports, we have some sports teams but honestly you don’t really hear anything about them. The school has great opportunities even being a community college. I decided to go to a community college before transferring to a four year institution and I’m glad I did because with a community college you have such diversity and that is very clear at lone star college. Although every college campus always has something happen in regards to crime but lone star does strive to make you feel safe. The police are very centered and you always see them walking around campus and they are always willing to walk you to your car at night if you need.

I have always had great experiences at every Lone Star campus I have visited. The staff there is extremely helpful and the professors there are always willing to help in any way they can. Their class sizes are big enough to where you do not feel overwhelmed and overall is a great experience for community college.