Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

Macy

When visiting the campus, i was greeted with a smile and a welcome. The campus is beautiful. It is nothing what others think college is as its a big monster that is out to trick you and make you want to quit. As long as you are driven and have a passion to learn then Lone Star is the school for you!

I couldn't be happier to be an Alumni of Lone Star. I was able to talk to my teachers, advisers, counselors, and other faculty as needed. I got a real person and all email turn around time frames were really quick. I felt like I was valued and cared about and not just another name on paper. I had so many people pushing me to complete my degree plan and was so proud of how hard I pressed to complete early. I also had a lot of help with my transfer application and where to look for scholarships. I tell everyone that Lone Star was my best decision and have encouraged others to go there as well!

Alyssa

Don't mess with Texas, and don't mess with the Lone Star College System. With a vast array of amenities offered on campus such as a wellness center, reliable advisers, and over-sized couches to take much needed naps on after you crash from the "Monster" supplied in one of many vending machines, LSCS is the prime, accredited, community college to attend. (Most) Professors are gung-ho about providing their students a quality education and tend to be lenient when working with students who keep them up-to-date with their situation. If you can manage to navigate your way through the labyrinth they call a campus, then I would suggest the Lone Star College System.

Kaela

Well when I went into the Lone Star College System I didn't know what to expect from it. A while ago I enrolled into Lone Star Community college North Harris, I really enjoyed the professors there and the atmosphere of the campus. The campus it's self seems really organized and I like the little activities that happens on campus.

Karina

I believe this college is great for those locally. They are extremely helpful and have so many different options for those students who choose not to transfer to a four year university. The staff is friendly and they are always accessible. The professors I have taken have all been great and I can't say enough good things about this college system.

Madison

As a community college, they serve their purpose. They're affordable and they get the job done. But the quality of the job done? Questionable. I don't feel they necessarily prepare students for the rigor of attending a 4 year university. However, they make a great stepping stone between high school and university. Many young adults who go straight to University end up having a difficult time and dropping out quickly. This is a good stepping stone between the 2 levels of work loads.

Victoria

I attend Lone Star College in Kingwood, Texas. I love the relatively low cost of tuition at Lone Star even being out-of district. The aesthetic of the campus is great ie. big windows, an open layout, and great landscaping. The classroom size is 30 people max. which for me allows more contact with the teacher and I feel its more conductive to collaboration.

Tahani

I have met some of the most amazing people at this college. People have this misconception that university professor and education is superior to college educational experiences. I beg to differ. My professors were absolutely outstanding. Every single day was a pleasure and I got really invested in my subjects. The classes are small which is more helpful because each student gets to really know their professor well. Shoutout to my Intro to Phil professor and my ENGL 1301 professor!

Noushin

Lone Star college System is passionate about providing students the opportunity of a higher education at an affordable price. The highly qualified staff at Lonestar college are determined to provide students with an excellent college experience . The small class room sizes provide a engaging environment for students like myself. One of the best parts of lonestar college in my opinion is how accessible professors are outside of class. Outside of the regular office hours many professors allow students to contact them through their personal phone or email. Its amazing to see how helpful and committed the faculty is to their student body. However, one of the downsides of attending lonestar college would be the limited number of clubs and activities available to students. Outside of the handful of clubs and organizations geared towards science and engineers majors there isn't much to choose from. Overall, Lonestar college system has allowed me to improve academically and challenge myself in new ways.

Heather

My only problem with Lone Star College is that it is only a 2-year school; I wish it were at least a 4-year because I love being there. I attend the Cy-Fair campus, so I can't attest to the quality of any other Lone Star College campuses. The campus is beautiful, high-tech, and full of social students and a plethora of fun groups. Getting around the campus is a breeze, and the classes are small so you can interact with peers and teachers easily. Lone Star is all about learning and convenience. If you want to truly learn and get a start on your schooling/training inexpensively, Lone Star College is an excellent choice.

irving

Its a good spot to start off your college journey, its close to home and very affordable

David

The way its administered is wonderful there are people every day who show care for their students who attend this campus. Professors are always available to answer any questions or needs that you may have inside or outside of class. All resources are good here so there is no excuses you can make of why you cannot get through community college. But what really keeps the students staying in the school is the amount of events that are hosted on the campus.

Jared

I think Lone Star College is great. I especially love the closeness to home where I can be a college student yet live at home, rent free. LSC is very convenient with the sheer amount of locations and so students have no excuse not to attend. The teachers are very knowledgeable and have made my first semester at college very comfortable.

Aime

Although Lonestar is a community college, the teachers are very knowledgeable and the school itself has many resources just as a university would . Each class has very little students which is great and Lonestar is affordable. The only downside of Lonestar is the materials required are more expensive than universities and can't be found anywhere else other than Lonestar.

Averi

I think it is a great college to attend and be apart of! They have great advisers and the professors are quick and always willing to help with any questions you may have. Also, it is a small community college and you can meet a lot of people and make lots of friends easily. It is truly a great college to go to!

Josie

Lone Star College System is a great place to learn in small class size environments. There is so much help from professors due to small class size and they are regularily available. They have free tutoring ff you need help, whereas in other institutions tutoring may cost money- something college students already dont have much of. Lone Star is overall a great first year choice for incoming college freshmen who still need time to get on track and plan out their college career.

Vanessa

It is a really nice campus that has a lot of resources. The class sizes are perfect but some professors are very unprofessional and do not meet the standards of an adequate professor. Overall the college is very nice and I would recommend this college to friends and family.

It is a great, affordable school I would recommend. The classes are easy to access and there's advisors and educ 1300 to help along the way. The professors are great and most are very helpful and always offer it. There is always tutoring available for tough subjects and plenty of tutors.

Nathan

Lone Star College is a perfect place to go for about a year and a half to two years because you do save money over going straight to the Universities in town. If you are just focusing on getting the basic courses (not the courses that are core to your major) out of the way, then you might just want to come here. There are no social pressures here, and you can just get in your classes and go home or you can get involved with the organizations. Now, personally, I do believe that the organizations are kinda small and sketchy, at least where I went (CyFair), but do not let that stop you from trying out some of them. The professors are great, you just need to be patient, focus and keep the line of communication open with them. That plays a key role in your success. Those two years will go fast, believe me, so make the most of the opportunity given to you.

Tyler

Lone Star is a great campus, with very few fallbacks. The community and students are nice, there are many extracurricular groups to join and become a part of, and there are many resources that are plainly available and easy to access. One of my only complaints is that the professors lack a concrete structure. My first two professors at this college were complete extremes of each other. One would pass me for doing little to no work in class or out of it, due to favoritism. The other was not helpful in the slightest and was a struggle to even pass. Half of that class had dropped that semester.

Lone Star is a fine beginning college, but certainly not a place to graduate from. They offer many great resources for the students, but the staff running those resources are often not as helpful as I would like them to be. There is no on-campus housing, being a community college, and the drive to the school every day is a bit long. There are many wonderful professors teaching at the college and technology is often integrated into the courses, which I believe is a great teaching tool. The school also offers a variety of online classes for those who cannot attend the physical campus. This school has a great social setting, however, the academics are lacking. It is a good campus to transfer to a university from.

Nelson

I think the Lone Star College Systems is a great school, because its very user friendly, there's no hassle with keeping with due dates because they post regularly in the bathrooms, halls and on there website. When you go apply for classes people usually get scared and wait to the last minute, but they try to enforce to apply early by giving out T- shirts and pizza, which looks like it works because on the 1st week you see a lot of people. The professors are great too, they are comprehensive and respectful, they let you know everything there is too know about the class and more.

Michelle

Lone Star College is a very welcoming place. Whether you're there as your last stop in education or using it as a stepping stone for a 4-year university transfer, you will always feel welcomed and safe on campus. Professors are kind and accessible! 10/10 would recommend!

Robert

The school is pretty good. The classes are small in size which is pretty good. The classes at lone star college are cheap, so you can take classes here instead of taking them in a university which can be more expensive. Overall, Lone Star College is a great school for those who want to pay less for classes that are required for your major that can be very expensive in all universities.

Jason

All Staff members are courteous, knowledgeable in their field and willing to help their students succeed. The Human Services Department has very fine professors. While they each have their own teaching style ALL of them make sure each and every student has the material and the tools to move forward towards their degree successfully. The advisors at Lone Star Montgomery will take the time to help you lay out an academic plan. If you are not sure exactly what degree you want to pursue they will formulate different options and present them to you. I would receommend Lone Star Montgomery to any student looking for a welcoming community college.

Roxanne

It's a good community college but it's just not the greatest. There are extracurricular activities and i'm guessing sports events but no one really knows about them. I feel like that school is mostly just seen as below average. The teachers are satisfactory, i would say. Although, i do have to note that the teachers for the general chemistry 2 department are lacking.

Jaile

Lonestar is a great school to be at and lots of available resources. There are a lot of good professor's, you just have to search them up and find them. Lonestar community college is a cheap way to start off and still close to home. They have big nice campuses with a lot of food places surrounding.

Temiloluwa

Lonestar is a beneficial community college that providence good basic education for those in the area to interested in perusing higher levels of education at a fair and affordable rate. I personally enjoyed my experience at Lonestar and learned much to earn credits and transfer to a four year university.

Molly

I've loved Lonestar Cyfair as long as I've been there. Teachers are great, students are diverse, and I've always felt comfortable and accepted. Although it has taken me more than two years to complete my AA, I have never felt pressure from school or professors. Everyone has been helpful and kind.

Reagan

Lone Star College System, more specifically Lone Star-Cyfair has been my college for the past 3 years and every year I am impressed on how the faculty wants to improve the college overall whether it's academically or communication with the students. I feel like my opinion and views are valued and taken seriously at this college and I am on my way to my Associates Degree thanks to Lone Star.

yesenia

I love Lone Star College. I have been a part time student for 3 years. After graduating high school I was not sure if I was going to be able to go to college since its very expensive and scary, I do not have any family members who have attended college. I was very lost I did not know where to start but Lone Star College made it so easy and affordable. Lone Star College is a community college which is great because Im able to stay at home. I also had the chance to work at the book store inside Lone Star they were able to work with my class schedule. I became very familiar with the faculty and other students there. I will be graduating this semester and I will definantly miss this campus!!

Maegan

I believe it is a thriving college and it grows more and more everyday. This system is growing very strongly and gives many opportunities to earn various degrees and intro in various technology and medicine programs as far as I know. The teachers I have met so far have landed on quite a range from, not very interested to very interactive with the students but most teachers seem to be interested with the students and their best interest.

Grisel

I personally love Lone Star College. Beautiful campus, small classroom sizes, great professors to be found and one on one college experience.

Bailee

Lone Star is a great place to start out your four year degree, but I do not plan on staying. The many different locations make it easy to find a class that fits your schedule and personality. Over all, Lone Star is a really great system and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't quite feel ready for college yet. The academics are university level, but the class sizes are so small that if you are struggling, you can easily ask your professor for help and they will do whatever they can to help.

ximena

Lone Star College Systems provide sufficient support for their students to graduate and continue their education in 4 year universities. I like the campus design because it is difficult to get lost and is surrounded by lots of nature. There are new departments created from time to time, and this just shows how Lone Star College aims to be the best at improving. The professors are all different and this is good because it means more diversity. The only negative opinion I have is that some professors do not lecture; they assign chapters and quizzes and literally wish the students "good luck". What can I say? This is college.

Kollin

In my opinion the Lone Star College System is a great community college, that offers affordable courses to all students which makes college a possible destination for many people. The Professors at the college are mediocre in that it is less likely for a student to find an astounding Professor at this institution. Although the Professors are mediocre that does not take away from the fact that is affordable college which makes this a great institution. Through hurricane Harvey the Lone Star College system kept the students updated with new information regarding the campus and the way that classes will be carried out for the fall semester. There was a bit of disruption in that many students including myself were forced to take hard courses such as General Chemistry 1 in hybrid forms. which hendered some of the students learning without a professor. But, I was greatly apreciative that the college figured out a way to be flexible and still have a way for students to take the courses that they desired to take.

Brandy

Lone Star college has been one of the cleanest and safest colleges that I have walked in. I have had multiple troubles with applying for school, FASFA, and classes this year but I have always had someone that was willing to help me with no problems! The upbeat personalities on these people that are working are amazing. Overall there hasn't been a single thing I could complain about.

Shane

For the tuition that I pay, it is a great school, and I am very happy that I started in the community college system. The academics are wonderful, and I am very pleased with the art and theatre program, particularly with the Live Entertainment Technology facilities that are available.

Karina

Lone Star is amazing. The campus (Cy-Fair) is beautiful and just the right size. The class sizes are perfect, it's the size of an average high school class so you are still able to get to know your peers, communicate with classmates and teachers easily, and your teacher knows who you are and how to help you. Teachers are very helpful and almost always available to help you after class. There are lots of great clubs to join and fun activities on campus. This may just be a small community college, but they want you to be as involved as you can be!

Alexis

I love it! It is close to home so the commute is really easy. The campus itself is beautiful and the teachers are excellent. Some of the student centers are student run, so finding help is not that hard. We all have it made where we work with each other, not against each other and that is the type of environment you can thrive in.

Aubrey

Lone Star is a great place to get a couple classes out of the way before moving on to a 4 year university at a very affordable price. The best thing about Lone Star is the class size. Classes are not over crowded, which allows students to have more one on one time with professors if needed. The down side of Lone Star is the student life is not there. If you're looking for a place to learn and go home, this is the college for you.

Kevin

This Community College is a place you can either see it as a place to take classes or a second home. Joining clubs and organizations makes you meet new people and have a fun friend group. Most people are there with plans to transfer to a 4-year college but that doesn't mean it should be a drag. It is hard making friends as most students bolt home after class so that's why joining groups and organizations is a must if you want the campus to have a home feeling.

Alexis

The campus is small and professors are actively involved. They are always ready to help and teach effectively. Assignments are usually easy. Classes are small. No on campus housing but the commute is short because there are campuses all over Houston for you.

Connie

I attended Lone Star College for 4 consecutive years ans I have gained a lot of experience on how my future would look like when I go off to a four-year university. I would recommend to other people to attend the college because the classes are not big, and it is comfortable to talk with the teachers.

Alder

Lone Star College is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Not only great in size but overall a really Unique Campus. Personally I love the system, because it is a very calm and nice place to learn. This system is very flexible with many things, such as available sources to receive help on school work or even other sources if you need someone to talk to about your personal life problems.

Beatriz

There is so much that one can learn at Lone Star. We each grow in our own different ways in those two years as you get your associates degree. There is help available when you don't know what to do, and there are also events that help ease your mind and let you enjoy your college experience.

Evan

This is a beautiful campus and the classes are very involving. With a variety of teachers to choose from, this campus is a good stepping stone for those not ready for a full university. The student population is very friendly and most of the older student are willing to help new students.

Ryan

The school has honestly blew me away. I didnt expect it to look the way it does being a community college but it's beautiful! The faculty do truly care for your education. The library is full of professors ready to fulfill your needs! I've only been here for a few weeks but it feels like home.

Joy

Had an awful experience. During hurricane Harvey, I was stuck out of town and when I got back, I had to start school a few days late. Music department was uncompassionate. Choir director Mr. Marotto runs the music department and he was very arrogant, impatient, and took my education very trivial. I tried to take care of things by email and he would respond to emails incompletely which delayed me preparing a head of time. I'm already a teacher and I was going back to expand my education. When I told him I was having communication problems with theory teacher Mr. Walsh, he told me the teacher is not going any where, that I should go find another school location because he doesn't have time for this. My problem with Mr. Walsh was similar. I then tried to talk to dean, and beware because the Dean was only an advocate for the teacher and told me I could drop out if I wanted to. She stood behind her teachers regardless of what I said. I seemed like they could have slapped me and she would have supported them. I actually became very emotional because I was really determined to return to school and get a music degree. They seem to only want to deal with children fresh out of high school and not adults. I'm 28. I was left with no choice but to drop classes and leave. How little they cared about my future and goals was heartless and shameful. I can't believe these types of people can be educators. This was a sorry excuse of a school and a disgrace of the human race. There are many loopholes in your school program and students suffer. You don't know how many students they have treated the way I was treated. And when we are successful... it will be without these teachers help. Students should record conversations with everyone who works there so you have records.

Kendall

Overall it is a decent community college. If you want to get straight down to prices, you would be paying literally the fraction of the cost that it would take to attend the same exact classes at any major university, so if you were to ask me, I am not exactly sure why you wouldn’t go to a community college such as lone star for a few semesters unless you have a full ride to a major university. In my personal experience all of my professors have been great. I am not sure if that is because of pure luck and chance or just because the majority of the professors at the college are good at what they do, but my experience with the ten that I have had were all great. I do know that their are professors there that are not the best but that is always bound to happen at any college or university. There are on campus stores that provide a plethora of textbooks and supplies for all of the classes that they provide at the college. There are multiple buildings where students can gather and hang out and there are plenty of opportunities to become connected with the people on campus. The on campus police are great at their job and help maintain a safe environment. Overall, I would say this college would be a great use of your time and a huge money saver.