Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

Alder

Lone Star College is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Not only great in size but overall a really Unique Campus. Personally I love the system, because it is a very calm and nice place to learn. This system is very flexible with many things, such as available sources to receive help on school work or even other sources if you need someone to talk to about your personal life problems.

Beatriz

There is so much that one can learn at Lone Star. We each grow in our own different ways in those two years as you get your associates degree. There is help available when you don't know what to do, and there are also events that help ease your mind and let you enjoy your college experience.

Evan

This is a beautiful campus and the classes are very involving. With a variety of teachers to choose from, this campus is a good stepping stone for those not ready for a full university. The student population is very friendly and most of the older student are willing to help new students.

Ryan

The school has honestly blew me away. I didnt expect it to look the way it does being a community college but it's beautiful! The faculty do truly care for your education. The library is full of professors ready to fulfill your needs! I've only been here for a few weeks but it feels like home.

Joy

Had an awful experience. During hurricane Harvey, I was stuck out of town and when I got back, I had to start school a few days late. Music department was uncompassionate. Choir director Mr. Marotto runs the music department and he was very arrogant, impatient, and took my education very trivial. I tried to take care of things by email and he would respond to emails incompletely which delayed me preparing a head of time. I'm already a teacher and I was going back to expand my education. When I told him I was having communication problems with theory teacher Mr. Walsh, he told me the teacher is not going any where, that I should go find another school location because he doesn't have time for this. My problem with Mr. Walsh was similar. I then tried to talk to dean, and beware because the Dean was only an advocate for the teacher and told me I could drop out if I wanted to. She stood behind her teachers regardless of what I said. I seemed like they could have slapped me and she would have supported them. I actually became very emotional because I was really determined to return to school and get a music degree. They seem to only want to deal with children fresh out of high school and not adults. I'm 28. I was left with no choice but to drop classes and leave. How little they cared about my future and goals was heartless and shameful. I can't believe these types of people can be educators. This was a sorry excuse of a school and a disgrace of the human race. There are many loopholes in your school program and students suffer. You don't know how many students they have treated the way I was treated. And when we are successful... it will be without these teachers help. Students should record conversations with everyone who works there so you have records.

Kendall

Overall it is a decent community college. If you want to get straight down to prices, you would be paying literally the fraction of the cost that it would take to attend the same exact classes at any major university, so if you were to ask me, I am not exactly sure why you wouldn’t go to a community college such as lone star for a few semesters unless you have a full ride to a major university. In my personal experience all of my professors have been great. I am not sure if that is because of pure luck and chance or just because the majority of the professors at the college are good at what they do, but my experience with the ten that I have had were all great. I do know that their are professors there that are not the best but that is always bound to happen at any college or university. There are on campus stores that provide a plethora of textbooks and supplies for all of the classes that they provide at the college. There are multiple buildings where students can gather and hang out and there are plenty of opportunities to become connected with the people on campus. The on campus police are great at their job and help maintain a safe environment. Overall, I would say this college would be a great use of your time and a huge money saver.

Diana

It’s an amazing place to learn. I have had the best experiences here. There’s so many activities available to students and so many great opportunities to learn and to grow. The professors are very involved and really want to see you succeed. I am very lucky

Almetria

Lone Star College is the place to be when you are serious about starting off small. Lone Star has been called many names but I can say, "It feels like home". Professors are like parents and advisers is always there to help. If you looking for a new family to be apart of come to Lone Star.

Fernando

I honestly thought it would suck, but I was mistaken. This campus is really lively and has many resources to help students do better in their classes. Although there is the carry on law in effect at Lonestar, I have yet to hear about a gun problem. Teachers are more than happy to help you with the problems that you have in class.

Long

Lone Star College is an excellent place to go for people who want a more flexible program or aren't just sure where they would wish to college education to get them. There are more on-field events hosted every session to make students involved with their educational group. Results have included meetings with the school's chairman and other executives too as several guest speakers and seminars on business seeking. While these results are useful to some; they frequently are not comprehensive to the variety of students. Students who want to pursue careers in commerce and businesses benefit most from these results. Students involved in healthcare, education; and engineering are given fewer chances to be involved, and students who seek arts of any sort have none virtually. Most teachers have daily business hours and are easy to meet. This Lone Star site is difficult to navigate, and changes change often. Administration in Lone character often shifts, too.

Nouran

Great place to learn, especially after high school. Very diverse, Great social exposure and close to home. Above all, I am on the President's list for fall 2016.

taylor

Lone Star College System is a great school to start off with, it gives you access to resources four year universities would have and there are many campus' around Texas that one can choose from. The professors here are very open and willing to help you succeed, they normally will go outside of their office hours just so that you can get the help you need. the campus life is also a plus side because there is always an event going on on campus either outside or in the hallways.

I've taken some great classes here at Lone Star. All of my classes have been taken online so I don't know much about on campus life, but it's been a great place to further my education before going to a four year university in the future. Most of my professors have been amazing and overall I've had a great experience here.

Jazlyn

I transferred from a university to a community college and I must say that the transition was very easy. You're greeted with so many resources to help you succeed while you are there. Where ever you need assistance in someone is always willing to help. The campus is full of positive energy.

Andres

Great community college to get your higher learning started. The classrooms are not very large like a traditional university setting so its easier to learn and ask questions if needed. The tuition is very manageable compared to four-year universities and most courses transfer to four-year institutions.

N/a

Well firstly i will say that the advisors are very nice people and are always trying to help. I haven't meet one that is rude, or has a bad attitude towards you, so i always feel welcome to come talk to them. My professors are very nice, some are hard to contact by email, but they are majority of the time at their office. The food on campus is really good it has a variety of food, so when i'm hungry i know i can always go there and they will have some delicious food. One thing i do not like though is that the school should have more scholarships open because they only have one, and i think it would be good for them to start more scholarship opportunities because many of the students here need it. One more thing is that there are many different people with many different backgrounds, so if you want to go to a very diverse college, Lone Star College is the one to choose. Overall, i think the academics, the professors, the campus is in really good shape and i would recommend it.

Kaylee

Lone Star College is definitely a bang for your buck. I love the small classes, especially the Honors classes. There are tons of campus activities if you look for them. They occasionally have food trucks or special food offers, including free lunch during the first week of each semester. The classes and professors fall under a large range of terrible to amazing or hard to easy, so make sure to use Rate My Professor and try talking to other people about their past professors.

olivea

I love going to Lone Star College. However, Five years ago I became ineligible for financial aid, and since I've taken classes, paid for them , and been successful and still wont be reconsidered for financial aid. I have explained that I was younger and immature, but I'm still struggling to find ways to pay for college. Lone Star College I a great school to attend , However I believe they should revisit the qualifications of Financial aid.

David

I love the overall design of the campus. I also have nothing negative to say, it is utterly great to be apart of such a resourceful environment. I love the attentiveness my professors provide the class with. Also the library is where you can find me. They help with any class project or paper and they'll even revise my paper so it's friendly environment for sure.

Jonas

I am an international student from Germany. When I came to the US, I immediately applied at LSC. The international student service has done a really great job supporting me in the Visa process. I also never felt left out or treated differently than other students because of my cultural background, which is great.

Christiana

My overall opinion of Lone Star College System is that it is a great college to begin with after you graduate from high school. They also offer a lot of different programs whether it may be nursing, dental hygienist or if you just want to get a certificate.

Susan

I just finished my frist semester there and it was very comfortable and very affordable for me to go and was close to home. I would say it is a school that i would recommend to my family and friends. And if i would have to take extra class after finishing my education i would come back.

David

My overall opinion is lone star college helps you learn the basics on what area you are studying and it’s cheaper because you don’t have to pay for housing you just stay with you relatives. Lone star college helps with your degree plan and how to transfer to a university.

J

Yenasie

LSC is a great community college, they were partnered with my high school and offered dual credit courses. I earned my associates in science here and I can speak from my experience with sociology, government and science teachers, they are all great.

Lone Star College system is a great college. I have never attended another college but I do believe ours is great for what it offers. The campus is surrounded by beautiful greenery, there are many clubs and organizations to join. The professors I have encountered are great, and you can tell they really love education and their students. The culture is very positive, they have resources all throughout such as a safe place for students to go who don't have anywhere else to be. They provide help with resume building, getting interviews, and even professional clothing you can borrow for interviews if need be. The possibilities are endless at this school and I am proud to say I go there.

Rebeca

I think it is a great community college. The classrooms are relatively small, but that's personally my preference because the professors will get to know most of the students better. The advisors are amazing and they will talk to students to make sure they're on the correct career path and make sure they feel confident about it.

David

I really don’t know nothing about the college system but I think it’s pretty cool and basic it helps us out when we graduate college to get a better job better that pays very well,and it’s easy to do work in College it’s pretty big and it’s very confusing at first but when u get the hang of it it’s easy.

Josue

Lone star college is a great place to get many degrees and a great place to get you’re education and would definitely recommend this college to many others. It’s great to see how active others are in extracurricular activities. It’s a place where you feel free and safe to roam around without having to worry about threats of any sort. Therefore this is why I specifically recommend Lone Star college to any high school graduate looking for a college to both save money and time but too also have an amazing teenage experience.

Carel

This college contains a very friendly and open environment. Everybody here is very welcoming and will try their absolute best to assist you in any way they can. There are also plenty of opportunities to show your support and get together with other college students.

Crystal

I recommend Lone star to any student and any major. There are many campuses available to help meet education needs. All the faculty and staff are ready to help with questions or concerns. There has been no significant issues while i have been a student at lone star. Free parking is a plus.

I think it's a great place to start because they're serious about students receiving the quality education that they pay for at a best value price. Some professors overestimate the commitment of students and some professors play classes down to a pay-grade level but overall it's a positive experience. There are countless organizations to get involved in and each is very welcoming.

Erick

it looks like a great school.

Michelle

This school is mostly for students fresh out of high school who didn't get in to a university and take this education for granted or people returning to college years later who need it for a career. Most of the professors are great at their job. Don't make friends here, most of the students are annoying.

Ingrid

It is a community college, the price is good but there are many things that could be fixed, not only certain unnecessary classes, but attitude of certain professors.

Karis

Lone Star College System is a great place to take your first steps into college life. Personally, I feel like a lot of students take this place as a joke. They do not take school seriously, therefore there are many dropouts. But I have met some of my favorite professors here and they have helped me decide what I want to do with my life! I will forever be grateful to them.

Karla

The Lone Star North Harris Campus has not been my home for long, not at all if I'm being entirely honest. I have roamed the halls and walked through almost every building but never have I ever felt at home. I recently got selected to join the Honors Program and no it wasn't what i thought it would be but it has been the most home-like place for me so far. I'm shy and terrified of new things but seeing everyone else feel at home makes me think I could make my home there as well. I was reminded of the kind of unity I felt when I was in high school marching band. It felt like a family. I hope to one day feel as comfortable as others in the program do and I realize I have a long way to go but the Professors are amazing and the students are welcoming and that is not what I expected from college so it's already a nice surprise. A welcome feeling for someone so small in a big world. I now understand what the slogan, "Start close. Go far." means. This tight-nit group is close but they are preparing to spread their wings go far. I hope to do the same.

Adriana

I love Lones Star College System. They are involved with the students and they always make me feel welcomed. There's lots going on around campus but I just haven't had the time to look around clubs and organizations. They are highly affordable and offer plenty of financial aid!

Paige

The Lone Star College System is a great way to get credits out of the way and save money for a four year college. It provides a variety of different classes to take that work with your schedule. The campus is easy to get around and has many areas to study. The professors are available most of the time, but are helpful.

Trinity

The location I only chose to do Lone Star Victory, but the 3 campus resources that I chose to do are the bookstore, the business office, and the learning center. When I went to the bookstore the woman that works there is always helpful when I ask her about the books, I need for a class she always knows the answer. When I went to the business office the women that work there were very helpful because they knew what would happen to my money when my classes are paid for. When I went to the learning center the woman that works there, she is always helpful when I went to take the TSI. I do plan on using the services again because I’m going to need to use the bookstore again for my English books when the 2nd 8 weeks start, I’m going to need to use the business office to pay for my new classes and I’m going to need to use the learning center again when I planned on writing papers and doing work there. Students need to use the campus resources at Lone Star College because when they need help with anything, they can just ask someone at Lone Star with anything. Also, when dealing with the resources at Lone Star you always find exactly what you need if you can’t you can just call someone that works at Lone Star. Out of all the campus resources, I would choose the Financial Aid, Business, Office and the Bookstore. They all can help you when it comes to paying for school or buying a book for class. This assignment has helped me a lot in realizing that there are many things at Lone Star that help the students with many things dealing in and out of school.

Mary Deborah

Pretty good! I attend the UP Campus. It's pretty safe, that's phones to call the police everywhere if you feel threatened, or you can regularly find a policeman on duty. They have amazing technology that they allow students to use, even if they aren't pursuing a major with technology. Most people are pretty open and friendly.

Natalie

I take online classes there and was enrolled to take on campus classes but they got cancelled due to Corona. I have no complaints over their online classes, the professors are easy to reach and if you ever need to get a hold of them you can send them an email and expect a reply no later that a day after. They are very understanding and if you ever have problems that get in the way of your study you can let them know and they will help you get though it. The deadlines are understanding so you are not overwhelmed.

Ranchel

I think that the Lone Star College System is an amazing school to do your basics.

Sheridan

It is a very good college experience, especially right out of high school. They require you to take a class that seems to specialize in teaching skills that are important to ones college career, which is very commendable. There are always officers walking or riding around, and there are many places to hang out or study.

Kendall

I have very much disliked my time at Lone Star. Some professors were great and some were awful. Hit or miss. The nursing programs are very messy and not very well put together. I would recommend to get pre-requisites at Lone Star and then transfer to a 4 year University for your degree.

Jasmine

Its a community college and affordable when it comes to taking your basic classes. Depending on which campus you are on they are pretty small and you'll get to know plenty of people. They have accessible study rooms and project areas in the library and also printers and computer lab areas for students.

Aaron

It's a really great school, and the Professors care about their students. The food is not the greatest but the vending machines are bomb. They provide a wide variety of academics and their is usually enough seats to get in to a desired class. Locations are all over the Houston area.

Oluwadamilare

Lone Star College System works hard to not only make it enjoyable for the students, but also for the teachers. The campus is beautiful and peaceful. The library is equipped with wonderful books. Lone Star College at Cyfair, is hands down the best one. They recently finished campus renovations, that opened up the campus enormously.

David

System provides comprehensive educational opportunities and programs to enrich lives. And it makes students get ready for a university it also helps students be successful for universities they can help students for their degree plans on what type of degree and major you are doing.

Ramon

My thoughts on Lone Star College is that it's a great education program to help students know the life of being a college student. It doesn't overwhelm students with a lot of information, nor hold their hands too much when it comes to helping them. It does its job at making sure everyone understand the process of being a college student and helping them prepare for what to expect in a university. It also encourages everyone to take advantage of joining groups, in which I did and never regretted that decision since then. Lone Star may not be for everyone, but it definitely helps those who isn't confident in going into a university yet.