Lone Star College System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lone Star College System

Tyler

I love it, and I've been extremely happy and fulfilled since I became enrolled. I'm part of the Honors program at LSC-Montgomery, and it is like a home away from home where all of my fellow scholarship classmates are very close-knit. Professor Maningas, the director is a great guy who has dedicated his career to giving students like us the opportunities we need to grow and learn, as well as challenge ourselves to be the best we can be as cliche as that sounds.

Ostyn

It’s a nice school. Student life is found everywhere. Everyone is always friendly to one another. School resources have reasonable hour. Multiple school group can be accessible. The teachers encourage Students to interact with one another. This is my 3rd semester on campus and I have been enjoying every moment of it.

Diana

Lone Star was the perfect decision as far as my education goes. I remember being a terrified senior in high school because the pressure of having to decide what to be for the rest of your life can cause you to settle for something you're mildly interested in and glamorize it; until one day, you find yourself learning about the subject and decide that watching plastic grass die would be more interesting. Lone Star offered a gentle transition from high school, with helpful and friendly professors who were there to help every step of the way if you showed you were willing. I had professors from the rec center loan me certain books without even having a class with them. The school is kept clean and the campus is beautiful, along with several clubs and groups you can join to share your passions. Several events will happen throughout the month where they give away supplies, t-shirts, and free pizza! All in all, I am thankful for the time I spent in that school, despite the negative stigma around community colleges. I saved a bunch of money and got my associates all while changing my major several times (which I learned is okay).

gabriela

Lone Star is a great place to learn. It is cheap and easy to commute to. One thing I would like to tell future students is to not be scared of what people think about you going to community college. It seems like community college is not the "real deal" or that only people who do not have the money go there. Neither of those is true. Lonestar offers a great education, equally as important as any other 4-year university. in fact, the smart choice would be to spend less money while you do your basics and then transfer to a 4-year university. Another thing that is not true about community college is that you don't have money. Some people might just want to save money, some people might want to save gas because of the commute, some people might just like the school itself. My point is, Lone star is a great place to be, do not let people get in your head and tell you that lone star is less valuable or worthy than a 4-year university.

Gabriela

lone star as a community college I see as a really good college, small size classes which give me the opportunity to get to know my professors and be more comfortable in class. Super close to home I go in my car in fifteen minutes I am at school, and if I forget my googles for chemistry I can run back home to pick them up instead of missing a hole lab period. Lone Star also offers the many certificates to prepare to work and this year it is opening a new program for a bachelor`s degree. It is a new college and so far it works for me really well, being affordable and helping lots of students, I think Lone Star will grow more and more, with new programs and opportunities.

Lidia

It’s very diverse you have teachers from all over and it’s helps to make classes more interesting. Also, the people a very friendly and like to interact with everyone. It’s good for anyone who’s looking for a place to learn that very open to everyone.

Brandon

It's a pleasant learning experience that offers plenty to further your knowledge. Lone Star College is great for earning your associates degree in your preferred field of study. Fantastic professors and facility for what you are paying for in tuition.

Hanan

Lone Star College is a place where people come together in spirit of learning and growing as both people and students. We set our goals, then pave the path towards achieving them. The faculty in Lone Star College are perhaps the finest, for they have always been here to support me in and out of class. From English to Psychology to American Sign Language, all of my professors have shown they care tremendously for our growth and understanding, and they invest time in making sure we continue to learn outside the classroom. The campus offers beautiful sights, freedom to express yourself, and time and space to study when in-between classes. There are clubs, events, and rallies to be part of throughout the year; spirit never goes to waste. Spend your college career here, and it will feel like making a home...because you are. And it will be your home for as long as you need.

wilfredo

its a good way to save money , small classrooms which really helps when it comes to 1 on 1 with the professors, the payment plans help a lot specially when you are a low income person , and an amazing way to earn your basic credits to if you plan on transferring to a 4-year university.

Alyssa

It is an amazing opportunity to get basic education or 1/3 of the cost. Lone Star is interested in each students future success. The professors are available at all times and are concerned for your future. The class sizes are small, thus giving everyone the opportunity to speak and ask questions.

socorro

I believe Lone Star College is a good College system for students who want to be close to home, as well as complete their basics before transferring to a four year University. I do like their classes because the class size is not too big. It is ideal for students who may need some one on one help.

I was happy at Lone Star. With so much to do, there were fun things like Art and History that I loved. Though I retook Math several times because I wasn't taught Algebra or Geometry in high school, I think I did okay with the awesome professors there to guide us. Art was my personal favorite class though as my professor put it, I should have been in a much higher class like, Art 3 or 4, and not Art 1.

Jose

It’s a great opportunity for students of low income to come learn and prepare themselves for a better future.Like me,I can’t afford to pay college tuition so Lone Star is the perfect place for me to get my foot in the door no matter what major we decide to study.

Subastiana

I love lone star and I wouldn’t have chosen a better community college to attend . It’s affordable, and you can still have a home life . The professors were readily available to students m, and they always helped me to prepare for exams . Even when I struggled they were always there to help .

Brian

Great school. Professors are knowledgeable of the subjects that they teach. I would recommend starting of at this school, and then transfer to a university. I have learned and grew as an individual, and I am continuing to learn from the other teachers that I work with.

Rodolfo

Lone Star College System is an amazing school everything i great there is no flaws expect some of the professors. I think they should evaluate professors more to make sure they are helping students learn the material, some professors at lonestar just throw a-lot of work out to the students and overwhelm them, brief explanations on what to do. They expect the students to already know things, like if it isn't their job to reteach or do a simple review to spark things back up in the brain.

alexius

It’s ok for a community college. I mean yes this is my first year going to the school so i have more to explore. I’m just hoping that i get to experience some of the great clubs and teachers i heard so much about. From what I’ve witnessed so far i think I’m gonna like it there.

Jawaan

My opinion about Lone Star College is that it is a beautiful campus site than any other community colleges that I've been to. The people there are pretty cool once you meet them and they will always be around if I or anybody else needs help then they will be more than happy to help out with that and I thinks its better like that because they can explain the material that we need to learn much better than some professors.

Kauriana

Excellent school overall. Cheap, good education. Great transition from high school to college life. A good variety of clubs, but definitely not University level extracurriculars. Great options for studying and tutoring. Impressive library for the small school.

Javier

Great college and awesome way to keep the costs down! Many students are able to get a jump start on their major without accumulating massive debt along the way. This college offers a major for nearly all professions. Lone Star College is great option to plan your career.

Cianna

It is good for a community college. The campus is very pretty, and my American Sign Language teacher has been phenomenal. The theatre program here is about to blow up, and is doing pretty well so far. The math professors here are very poor teachers, from my own experience and what I've heard from others. Again, this is a community college, so I suppose that's to be expected. Online courses are good, my teacher's grading system is just a little wonky.

Isaac

It is a very good school to start with before you go to an actual college. Everyone here is very nice and very helpful. Teachers are good at what they do and very helpful and help you whenever they can. The ambient here is so chill, everyone is very respectful and very caring.

Javier

In my time at Lone Star College I had such an amazing experience from my first semester all the way to graduation day. I felt confident on achieving my goals every semester. In fact, during my first semester I was offered a job as an admissions assistant. This job transformed me into well-rounded student personally and academically. Academic Advisors and Counselors were available and assigned to you to help you finish your degree plan on time. From student life, organizations, group projects, student involvement, fundraisers, campaign, art festivals, project expositions, playing sports, Lone Star College had many many personal and professional enrichment opportunities. One of the reasons for which I attended a community college first before transferring to a 4-year University was mainly because of the lack of information and overall the lack of resources from the high school that I was attending at the time. I pushed myself and manage to graduate from Lone Star College with an Associate’s of Arts in 2010. As a first-generation student having the opportunity to further my knowledge skills within Lone Star College made me a better individual personally and professionally. It allowed me to develop time-management, interaction, public speaking, and many more skills necessary in my daily life. Right after graduation I was offered a full-time job as a rehab specialist on a family owned medical company. The one thing that I remember the most was seeking assistance from our career service center. The SCS center for short helped me create a great resume as well as to practice for the interview process. I highly recommend this college and any of the degrees that it has to offer. Such an amazing school system, best experience ever!

Stephen

I believe Lone Star is a very good starting opportunity for most students in need of cheap education. The community is full of amazing people and there are very good professors who make you wanna learn. The clubs are amazing as they make you feel really involved and help get you away from some of the stress you have to face with class and it’s assignments.

Brandi

Its a really good school, the professors are helpful as well as all the staff around campus. I enjoy the smaller class room sizes and the convenience to attend online or on campus. I enjoy the classes that are offered in my studies and I'm looking forward to completing my education further at Lone Star.

Carel

Lone Star College is a very friendly place with very good professors to teach the course materials. There are always tutors and coaches available if the professor isn't saying the words clearly. Students are always willing to help each other and meet outside of classes.

jacob

Lone star college system is an extremely great place to start studying for work, transfer, or extra credit. They offer a multitude of degree plans, various transfer options and most of all they provide you with the tools you need to succeed in life. Their campuses are clean up to date, easy to navigate and safe. The teachers they hire are friendly, open, willing to go the extra mile with you and are experts in their fields. I am proud to say that I study in the Lonestar College System.

Marissa

It is a very welcoming and thrilling environment to be a part of. Students are kind and professors are respectful. There is plenty of groups and activities on campus as well. There are constant plays and events during the semester. There is room for everyone here.

Meagan

Lone Star College system is a great community college to get involved with if you are unable to attend a bigger university right away. I always had excellent teachers. I took classes at multiple locations all of which are very nice. I was able to attend here full time as well as work full time. All of my basics were done here. It was a great place to start out my college experience.

Lia

So far I have only taken online classes and visited the campus for in-person testing. I would say the college is pretty good. They have a wide variety of teachers for online classes, although in class options are a bit limited. There are about 3 campuses near me, which I think is a good thing. The college definitely has a wide variety of students.

Coby

Lone Star College is a large community college system that gives great education opportunities to those who apply. For me, it has been a great tool for gaining knowledge about certain subjects and getting an Associate's Degree. This has saved me thousands of dollars, and will help me fulfill my future as an engineer.

Lone Star College is a great place to start for people who need a more flexible schedule or aren't exactly sure where they would like higher education to take them. There are many on campus events hosted every semester to get students involved with their educational community. Events have included meetings with the schools president and other administrators as well as various guest speakers and seminars on job searching. While these events are helpful to some, they often are not inclusive to a variety of students. Students who wish to pursue careers in business and finances benefit most from the events. Students interested in nursing, education, and technology are given less opportunities to be involved, and students who pursue arts of any kind have almost none. Professors at Lone Star usually have experience working in their field and are often incredibly knowledgeable and willing to put students in contact wit people in their field of study or other things they may be interested in. Most teachers have regular office hours and are easy to contact. The Lone Star website is difficult to navigate and changes format frequently. Administration at Lone Star changes frequently as well. This makes it difficult for students to receive the help they need. While some advisers are knowledgeable on many different degree and career paths, most do not seem to know how to direct students on the right course for completion and transferring. Many are unsure how transferring credits works from school to school, and each adviser gives the student different instructions on planning courses for degree completion. Resources are hard to access online. If the student knows how to plan courses and transferring for themself and can learn to navigate and use the resources provided they will have a great beginning educational experience.

Ana

I think lone star college will help me succeed with what I want pursue in life like if I want to be a nurse I probably end up being one in 2 yrs or 4 yrs if I want my bachelor’s degree and Also, I would like to be their as a student myself probably I could afford since I have the help of my dad but then I have to work for it for myself

Thomas

I am grateful that it exists due to it allowing me to complete my Associates of Arts Degree at a low cost. The administration and faculty care about the success of the students, and they want us to succeed in life. Ultimately I believe that the education is a diverse one because there are many different perspectives on each subject from the faculty. I also like the fact that there is a small classroom size, and the students have the opportunity for one-on-one attention with the professors.