Farmville, VA
Longwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Longwood University

Casey

While I visited LU's campus I had to be at a certain building for a tour, so I asked a girl that just happened to walk by for directions. She kindly informed me on exactly where I needed to go. On the other hand while visiting NCSU (a large school) I once again asked a girl where a certain build was for my tour and she said she was unaware of where it was. I when asked two more students before finding someone to point me in the right direction. Longwood's size made me feel right at home.

Longwood Unviersity is a small college, so if you are the type of person that loves socializing I'd suggest LU. It doesn't matter whether you know your major when you apply because longwood has so many choices, and you are sure to find the major that will one day become your career. If you prefer one on one attention with your teachers then maybe you should consider becomeing a Lancer! If you are an outgoing person, with an appetite for learning, that loves the idea of knowing everyone including your teachers then LU is the school for you!

Krista

Study and make flash cards! Just those two would've made a world of a difference. Good thing I know that now though. Also not to procrastinate even though that's easier said than done. It also helps a lot to have a desk calender and write on it when everything is due and when meetings are. It helps with organization and reduces stress during the year.

I wish I would've known more people that went to Longwood. I came in knowing no one. Even though it was pretty exciting making a fresh start on friends. I also felt that I wasn't quite prepared to go to college yet. The high school to college transition is a big step. Going from never really having to study much in high school to having to do more work in one semester than in the four years I was in high school. I just wish I would've been more prepared for the change.

I haven't found anything that I don't like about my school so far. I love everything about it; the size, the professors, and all the nursing professors and administators are some of the most approachable people I've met. The only thing I'm having problems with is financial aid. I had a bit of trouble my second semester and when it ended my GPA dropped and now I'm having problems getting financial aid. It's fair what they are doing but I feel the process should be more lenient for first year students.

Karyn

Longwood University is a fantastic school where the students can get very involved in not only the campus life, but in the community as well, and I am proud to be a student here.

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to keep looking towards the future. I went through very rough times in my high school career, and was never very sure of what I would do with my life when I got into college. Now, I would go back and tell myself that no matter what happens, Longwood University would provide not only the best education, but the best friends that I could ask for. I would also tell myself that college is nothing like high school, and that things do get better, even when it seems like they won't. I would persuade myself to choose this university, because it truly has been a huge, and positive change in my life. I would not change my decision to go here for anything in the world.

I would consider the small campus and class sizes to be the best thing about this school. Because the campus is rather small, and in the center of town, anything a student could need is very close by. In class, the number of students is limited, and therefor the total classroom size is never very large. This allows more one-on-one assistance from the professors.

Courtney

Everyone is pretty laid back and friendly and most all of them are willing to help if you need it.

The main thing that I would tell myself is that although I didn't need to know exactly what I want to be, I should at least have a good idea. Having a better understanding of what I want could have helped me along a little better. Along with that, I would also tell myself to perhaps push myself just a bit harder and maybe take 15 credits instead of just 12. The more important thing I would tell myself would be to not stress so much over the whole financial part of college, sure you might not know how you're going to afford your next semester, but thats what loans are for, right?! I would tell myself to savor all the moments spent at college because this is such a wonderful experience and although you should have goals, you shouldnt rush your time here, you have all the rest of your life to spend out in the real world.

Farmville isn't a very big town and therefore, there's not much here to do.

austin

Longwood's students are all welcoming and the greek society is accepting over everyone.

If i were to go back in time and give myself advice on college, I would start by saying relax. College can be difficult at times and very stressful but through hardwork and dedication it can be conquered. Don't be afraid that your going to mess up or drop out just stay postive. When times look tough and impossible, just keep going, because impossible is nothing. You can do it!

The hometown feeling that longwood offers is the reason why I love it so much.

Ethan

If I could go back in time and talk to yourself as a high school senior i would tell myself to use every chance that comes to go out and make connections that will help you trough school. The connections that you make will help get rid of stess with friends to hang out with. Also other connections will help you with your grades with people that understand certain subjects. Some people will help you with getting started in the buisseness world.

Friendly and very involved in their education. Students are respectful to others and their professors.

To open up and be more outgoing, college is a place for renewal. Here nobody knows who you were or what you did, and everyone here has the same goal of succeeding in life. Take chances and get to know people in your class beyond the classroom, you may find that you have things in common with someone; that someone may end up being one of your best friends. Don't continue old habits, because you may never allow yourself to grow into someone great.

Consistently changing program requirements, and no one having the same answer to your questions related to the changes.

Longwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.