Longwood University

« See more reviews of Longwood University

The best thing about Longwood University is it's variety of christian groups it has to offer. I was able to plug into a group right away and it has made my experience so far incredible. I met the majority of my really good friends through this organization. Aside from academics, the most beneficial thing a student can do for themselves is to get involved from the very beginning. If you do, your college experience will go that much smoother.

Its small class size. Students are more committed and are able to form close bonds with professors. It's also not as overwhelming as colleges that have 200+ students in a class. You're not just a number. Professors make an effort to learn all of their students' names. General Education courses can expect to have around 40 students while upper level classes average around 20 students.

I would consider the small campus and class sizes to be the best thing about this school. Because the campus is rather small, and in the center of town, anything a student could need is very close by. In class, the number of students is limited, and therefor the total classroom size is never very large. This allows more one-on-one assistance from the professors.

The best thing about Longwood University is the size and the layout of the campus. It is very convienent for the students to get from class to class in a resonable amount of time. The campus also has a great layout by means of being very accessible to get from each building to another and for a visitor it is easy to find your way around.

The best thing about my school is that the classroom sizes are small so you get to know the professors well and they know you. Also if the professor knows you well at my school, the letter of recommendations are easy for them and the give wonderful recommendations.

The campus is gorgeous and its a really tight-knit community here. The professors dont seem as foreign as they might be at a bigger college. They are always there to talk and they seem to know whats going on.

The size. I transferred from West Virginia University after my first semester there becuase I realized that I hated being on a huge campus with large lecture halls that focused on football.

The best thing about this school is that it is small, and is easy to navigate. Also, the class sizes are smaller, allowing for more teacher/student communication.

The size--it's not too big or too small. I can be independent but don't mind asking for help.

The hometown feeling that longwood offers is the reason why I love it so much.