Elyria, OH
Lorain County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lorain County Community College

Kathleen

It's okay as far as a community college goes--

It's okay as far as a community college goes--

not as smart as the average because its community college--but NOT accurate

MOstly young--want to learn--the ones in the gaming room are total sex freaks tho

For IT it's higher than most--just got to practice practice practice until things gel in your head

Someone who wants to leave the house and start new once they graduate high school. Lorain County Community College has a very home-y feel to it, since most of the people there are at still at home and attend school.

There are a lot of people who are coasting. They're not wiling to work hard, and the drop out rate is high.

ROBERT

Lorain Community College is a very friendly school.

Lorain Community College is a very friendly school.

I can start taking my Engineering class right away. It is a great deal cheaper then the University I attended last year. The office people are a lot more helpful which makes registering easier.

I would tell myself to study harder and do the best I can. I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. Go to a community college and take all the classes you can before going to a larger university because it is cheaper. Also adjusting to dorm and college life is not as easy as you may think.

Jacqueline

I highly suggest LCCC for working professionals. I have very much enjoyed the online classes through THE ANGEL NETWORK. It made school do-able as a full-time career student.

Dear 18 year old me, Know that the older you get, the kinder you will become, and the kinder your friends will become. You will naturally be pulled to people with the same goals and dreams that you have. What may make you weird now, will make you desirable later. Know that you are fearless now, and remember how that feels. Remember to hug your friends and family as much as possible. I can tell you now, that some family members and very dear friends, won't be around later. In fact, hug your very best, lifelong friend, as much as you can. He will be gone before you are 30. Trust your instinct. Be proud that you always stuck up for the under-dog. Know that the compassion you had, for the kid in the cafeteria, that had nobody to sit with, is part of your character. That character will bring you success in your future. Your combined kindness and drive for intelligence, will make you a person that people want to know. I am proud of the person that we have become. We are beautiful. We are an athlete. We are smart. We are you.

I have yet to find anything frustrating about my school.

Aubrey

I like the school, a lot of it is newly built. It is not a very large school, everyone is really friendly!

People think that we are lazy because we didn't go to a university.

Andres

There is a large variety to my classmates at LCCC, ranging from ones that are fresh out of high school to others that are returning to school to further their education; there is also a large variety of different ethnic groups, making this higher learning institute very diverse and interesting.

My school is best known for its welcoming student body, diverse community, great number of major options, the Unversity Partnerships, and knowledgeable professors.

I have gotten a large amount of experience and knowledge out of my college edution thus far. The experiences and challenges that I have faced during my one semester at this college have helped my to understand the real world better, as well as learn how to be self-motivated and organized. The professors and personal at this college are always available for help and counseling. It has been extremely valuable for me to attend this colllege because I am furthering my education and preparing myself for the real world. I am also gaining the knowledge and experience required to attain a high-paying career.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would take that oppertunity in a heart beat. I would tell myself not to rush through the college picking process. I went to Ohio University and hated it. So, knowing what I know now, I would have not choosen to go to Ohio University. I would have applied to a lot of different schools and really thought about where I wanted to go.

Any student that is looking to get a higher education should attend this school. This shcool is for students that don't have a lot of money but want a college education.

I don't brag about going to community college.

If I could go back in time now and talk myself through high school I would change a few things I did in high school. In high school I recieved excellent grades, but I was the type of student that did not have to study very much in order to obtain these grades. Now in college I have to study quite often and I find myself not knowing the proper way to study. Therefore I would tell myself to study more often in high school and learn the techniques before going to college. I would also suggest reading more frequently, text books, novels, magazines, any form of reading. I feel this would increase my vocabulary and make me a quick more fluent reader, therefore helping me obtain information quicker. Lastly I would tell myself to be outgoing and friendly with my classmates. College is about making new friend and meeting new people and doing this is very diffucult not having made the effort to go outside of my high school group and meet new people. These few subtle adjustments during my high school career could have made a huge difference in my college lifestyle.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the academic advising. I feel the advisors do not direct students in the right directions for their degrees. I personally talked to three different advisors, all pertaining to the same degree and they all gave me different routes to achieve it. This was very frustrating to me because I did not know which was the correct route. I then decided to do my own research to find the correct route to my profession. I feel that the advisors are very unprofessional and not helpful at Lorain County Community College.

Rebecca

LCCC is fun and exciting and a great place to learn and grow, and meet new people.

My classmates are great people who are willing to learn as much as I do, if not more, and I am able to meet such a great people everyday, its very exciting.

I would tell myself to save my money!! Thats the only thing I'm having trouble with in college. I would also to tell myself to keep up the good grades, since I am doing well in college. I would also say to myself to get out and explore and don't be afraid to meet new people. And finally, I would tell myself to have fun and enjoy college!

Lisa

Local presence and helping the community. They also have a University Partnership program with many 4-yr colleges such as Ashland University and Cleveland State University where you can get your 4 yr degree through LCCC. They also have programs where the local high school students can attend college classes for High School credit and college credit simultaneously. They are a way to obtain a high quality degree at a low cost that financially fits the budget better than a tradtional 4 year college.

I would tell myself to GO TO COLLEGE and get the college experience. DON'T throw away your hopes and dreams because it seems unreachable. There are ways to pay for college even though your life is hard. Your father is an alcoholic and neither parent did anything with their lives outside of high school. YOU can be the first in your family to achieve it! YOU can be the first generation college graduate! DO IT! Don't be afraid of the hard work. Don't be afraid of change. Your friends will all disappear within the next year and go their own ways. Don't stay here for them. Stop being afraid to be better than the life you've lived so far and just DO IT! YOU can get financial aid, scholarships and grants if you really truly want it. Chase your dreams and do not ever let anyone tell you that they're out of reach. They're not - not for you!

Overcrowding. The nursing program is VERY hard to get into and has about a two year wait list to get into clinicals.

Lorain County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.