Elyria, OH
Lorain County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lorain County Community College

Anthony

Since I am a senior, I will say that i should have studied harder in all my other years in high school so that i had a better chance at getting more scholarships.

LCCC has a PSEO program which allows me to earn college credit while still in high school. So, after this year, which happens to be my senior year in high school, i will be entering college as a sophomore because of all the classes i have/am taking this year.

Some of the students aren't the "sharpest knives in the drawer" so to speak. That's not really a big deal though.

Victoria

Alot of different people from different backgrounds trying to follow one direction, I never had this kind of experience without being in school..

With the experience so far, the only advice I would give myself would be to prepare a little sooner for school. Although I've known what I've wanted to do, I didn't know to prepare the best I could. With my brother in school and the financial situation the way it is, I would've been more aggressive in my savings and school choices. The school is fine, the people and instructors are fine, but I limited my choices because of my preparation.

I couldn't say enough about how satified I am with school. I've learned so much in such a short time, i wish everyone that wants to be in Cosmotology could experience what I am right now. But it really has been a little easier for me because this is what I wanted to do foy years and now I'm getting the chance! If only everyone could be so lucky!

Cherie

Lorain County Community College is best known for our partnerships to universities located in Ohio. LCCC provides a way for students to complete a four-year degree taking classes on their campus using interactive rooms. The school has parternships with eight universities and a wide array of majors to choose from.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, know what I know about college life I would say, enjoy it. Classes are worth taking and learning, not just getting credit so you can get out. The few on-campus classes that I have taken have changed my life. I have worked and completed the classes, but it wasn?t until I let myself enjoy the class, my fellow students, and the material that I really enjoyed school. Knowing that I have spent so many years there and not connected with people is crazy and almost shameful. Enjoy what you are learning because all too soon it will be over.

The kind of person who shouldn?t attend this school is someone who is looking for the ?University experience? with dorms, sorority/fraternity, and huge school activities. As a community college, it does not offer any room and board or sororities/fraternities. It operates on a business schedule so activities are limited in time. Also, the school does not belong to the NCAA, so sports players might want to choose a different college.

megan

Lorain County Community College is a fantastic, local school that offers so much oppurtunity to our community.

Lorain County Community college offered basic classes for my major, for much cheaper than a University would have. Since i paying for my own schooling out of my pocket, i have some time to save a little money before transfering out.

If i could go back and tell myself, as a senior, what i know now, as a freshman in college, i would say to mainly stay focused. Although it didnt seem like i was going to use any of the free education i was receiving from high school, i did! I would also tell myself that studying, staying focused and taking high school more seriously would all be worth it, even if at times it seemed unneccessary. I would even say taking classes that I didnt "need" to graduate, for example trig and PSEO english, but knew would help me out in college, would all be worth the extra stress. I was a typical high school student who just wanted to get out of there and graduate, but now that i look back i realize i should have taken it more seriously and tried alot harder. You know what they say, you live and learn!

Valerie

I would tell myself to stop being so boy crazy and just focus on my acedemics.

Someone that is not motivated should not be attending this school. If they don't want to be there, why even come?

Hillary

Going back in time, I would tell myself to attend the school that would offer me the most amount of money to go to school, not to worry about my social life as much as applying for scholarships, to take a few minutes out of my day to apply for two to three scholarships a week. I would also advise myself not to spend as much money and only to spend it if I need to, for instance gasoline for my car or my cell phone bill, because I can use what I have saved towards my college education. If I went back in time I would also advise myself not calling off of work for hanging out for a couple of hours with friends so that I can earn more money towards my education to make it easier on myself. However, I would also tell myself to enjoy my senior year as much as possible because it flys out the window just as fast as it began.

Anyone can attend Lorain County Community College. It is a great school to start off in or to go back to school at. There are classes for students who are still in high school that can recieve college credit by taking select courses. They have a partnership program, meaning if you plan to stay close to home while going to school or just cannot go off to a university or college, you can complete your major at Lorain County Community College and get your degree from a university. For instance, education majors can complete theirs through Ashland University.

The cost of tuition. I am taking the same exact classes as my friend who is off at Ashland. Her first semester, she was already $7000 in debt and I had no debt my first semester of college. My other friend is attending the University of Cinncinatti and she is taking basic classes just like me and she is in about $5000 in debt. Why pay more money for a class that is offered at Lorain County Community College for less money?

Marissa

My school is great for education, and business degrees. The teachers that I have experienced so far for the Education Major are very encouraging, and really care about what they are teaching. Lorain County Community College is one of the top community colleges in the United States for an associate degree in Education and they also have the University Partnership that can work with Ashland University and many other colleges to get a Bachelor and Master's degree in this field.

Working through college at the same time as highschool is one piece of advice I have for myself. After being homeschooled for my whole school career, I didn't get the real effect of a classroom learning. One thing I should have done was transfer into a highschool my freshman year, and then attend college as a PSEO student my Jr. and Senior years. Making the transition straight from homeschooling into college courses has been quite a stretch. When I was doing all homeschool classes I never felt like I was being pushed academically, but seeing the amount of work in college compared to highschool work is a large difference. Going to highschool for a few years before I started college classes would have helped me in the class room setting, but after my first semester of college, during highschool, I have passed all my classes. The feeling of achieving college classes while in highschool is very fullfilling. That is the main advice I would have given myself a few years ago.

When I think about going to Lorain County Community College it has a negative connotation because it is a community school. That is the only thing. I think that that is the worst thing about LCCC because I want to be able to go away to school, it has nothing to do with the actual school.

Lorraine

From what I can see, they are serious about their education and their future.

From what I can see, they are serious about their education and their future.

I would tell myself that it is an entirely different stage of life, and to be honest, it is a far better stage of life. You are with people who are going where you are going and it is more likely you will meet people with similar interests. I truly believe the friendships I've developed in college are stronger than any of the friendships I've had before and surrounding myself with people who are headed in the same direction as I am helps me stay focused on my future and my success. It also makes me feel my relationships have more meaning behind them. In a sense, I feel I found myself during these last two years in college. I've learned so much in and out of the classroom and I became a more level headed, stronger, individual and my family and I are benefiting from it one hundred percent. It would truly be a shame for anyone to miss out on such a wonderful experience. Take it seriously, work hard, but don't forget to enjoy yourself because this opportunity only comes once and time doesn't stop for anyone.

Honestly, there is nothing I would change about my school. I think they're doing an excellent job with all the improvements they've been making and the staff is just incredible. I feel right at home there and I've never actually felt that way about a school before. I'm glad my initial experience of college life was at Lorain County Community College.

The professors and advisors are very helpful.

The professors and advisors are very helpful.

In college there are a lot of papers to write. I would suggest making sure you pay close attention in english class. Learning both the apa and mla paper formats are very important when it comes to writing research papers. Also, work on your study skills, being able to study well can definitely help you in your college courses since the tests are much harder. Study groups and flashcards are very helpful.

Lorain County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.