Lord Fairfax Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lord Fairfax Community College

Cortney

Throughout my many years of learning, I've always found my way back to LFCC. From the online college classes during senior year of high school, to summer coarse to accelerate the degree process at universities, to enrolling full time for an associates degree, LFCC is for everyone. Personally, I have taken different classes to explore several different degrees and I have found one common theme. The teachers love what they do. They are passionate about what they teach which creates an excitement in the classroom unlike many universities. I have attended four different colleges and universities and the faculty doesn't even compare. The class sizes are small, so the professors take the time to learn students names and a little about each one. They also make themselves extremely available for students. They want their students to learn, and you can tell.

Abigail

It gets the job done. Most professors are willing to work with you and hold reasonable office hours. Most are very laid-back, just show up, take notes, and study a bit; you'll be good to go. There are few clubs and student activities, though none of any interest. Most of the student population is there to get their degree and move on and are not highly involved or interested in anything else. There is a very minimal sports life taking place only at the main campus. For freshmen going in I would suggest you relax, LFCC is easy to enter and the office staff is helpful in administering financial aid and helping with admissions. Just go in serious about your education, and they'll be sure to help you in any way you need.

Marlene

Lord Fairfax is a good community college. It has a variety of activities to participate in and good professors.

Rebecca

I would highly recommend Lord Fairfax Community College. I have been going there for three years now, and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone is warm and welcoming, including the teachers. I loved most of my teachers. They were always there if I needed help with anything. I never stopped learning once I started going here.

Mary

I enjoyed my time at Lord Fairfax Community College. The setting was nice the the professors were well trained and quite knowledgeable. As a community college, Lord Fairfax provided many opportunities for students to get involved, but the greatest benefit to attending this college was the exceptional faculty.

jimmy

Over all I say its a great school. I have not had a single bad encounter at school at all. I really like the fact that there are so many places I can get help from, it is very useful as a new student. there are also lot of students willing to help you find the way around campus, if they're not in a hurry. I still haven't attended a class since I'm enrolling for this fall, but I have heard a lot of good thing about the professors about how reasonable and fair they are with grading and also give explanations when students feel like the grading is unfair

Maya

It is okay, at times the staff can be very unhelpful, but a good stepping stone for a 4 year college. I suggest that you yourself plan out what you need to do, with input from your adviser, because other wise they will put you in the classes they want for you not necessary the ones you want.

Elisabeth

For a community college, Lord Fairfax is a good school. My overall experience has been positive and I have met some serious students. Like any college, there are always students who are not as serious as well here. If I needed help from IT, library staff, test center staff, or a tutor I got what needed. Professors are overall good, care about the students, and are willing to work with you so you can succeed.

Elith

I like it very much its not big or fancy but it saves people money and gets the job done.

Trevor

LFCC is a small-medium sized community college with a few satellite campuses. The faculty and staff are all very friendly. The Middletown campus is the main campus, with 5 buildings, a soccer/football field, and track. Lots of walking and hiking space on campus.

Jill

Lord Fairfax Community College is a great school to attend. It provides many opportunities to students of all backgrounds. It allows individuals with limited resources to still be able to achieve their dreams. Additionally, students and staff here are very friendly and ready to help you whenever you need help. There are resources available for whatever help you need. Not only is there tutoring, free gym membership, and a library, but their is an abundance of online resources. There is a huge online library, free access to Microsoft 365, and free wifi on campus. The staff here wants you to succeed. There is a large variety of associates degrees, certification programs, and more. Additionally, when you graduate with an associate's degree from here, there is a guaranteed transfer agreement for the majority of schools in the state.

Misael

Lord Fairfax Community College is probably the best community college around the Shenandoah Valley. The professors are great to work with and love teaching. The environment is beautiful as well. The students are nice, the facilities are clean, and the landscape is taken care of. The shops around and in the college are very expensive, however. I also feel like the college should have bigger classrooms as well. More and more students are coming in each semester and the classrooms are getting packed.

Fatima

Lord Fairfax Community College is an overall great environment. It is a wonderful stepping stone for students transferring to a four-year college. It is also a great place for students wanting to get finish their education or earn a 2-year degree. They also offer fantastic dual enrollment opportunities through high schools. It is a great place.

Shael

I like Lord Fairfax Community College very much! It is very accessible and all the professors are well educated and friendly! I have never felt so welcomed by a student body as well, all the people I have met are very open-minded and kind. The campus security is well managed and efficient.

Kyara

I enjoy the soft and mellow overall feel of the campus. I love the advisors I hands down had the best conversation with an advisor he was the most enthusiastic and approachable advisor I've ever come across. I enjoy the parking situation. It is very accessible. The student life is very active for a community college.

Lara

People tend to ridicule community colleges, but Lord Fairfax Community College is actually pretty nice. Sure, there might not be a lot to do, but the student services do try. I have had several professors who have proven they care about my success, reaching out to me and offering assistance whenever questions arise. Class sizes are generally small, ranging from around 12-30 students. The students that I have encountered at the college have been relatively friendly, most of them I recognize from my community. Lord Fairfax Community college does uphold diversity and the number of clubs are expanding, many of them are inclusive. One of the few things that I would change would be when certain classes are offered. Certain classes have specific semesters when they are offered, so if you need to take a class in the spring that is strictly offered in the fall semester, then you are out of luck. Keep in touch with your advisor, but make sure you are also doing research on your own. The last thing I want to write goes out to not only LFCC students, but to all community college students... If you are a student who is planning to transfer to a university following your community college graduation, look at the transfer-guides WELL ahead of your expected graduation date. To avoid extending your graduation date, make sure you have fulfilled your prospective university's requirements (they are all different). I have known people who had to attend school longer for this reason, so be aware. :)