Los Angeles City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Los Angeles City College

Carissa

It's a good college and the classes you would take at a university is the same as here, but depends which university. The classes are okay/good and the cost isn't really expensive. The college has some things that they need to work on such as providing a college cafeteria on campus, an athletics team since the school isn't big on that, and smaller classroom sizes. It's good, but not great.

Victoria

Alright, I guess... I'm not really happy here at all. I find no kind of motivation and my life is a living nightmare today. I sometimes feel like I should just drop out, but I can't sadly considering the fact that I don't have money unfortunately. I just wish I would pay it already and see what I really want to do in life. I don't want to be a Nurse, but the Major wouldn't allow "Undecided"

Victoria

I love LACC. It has its quirks, like all places, where there is consistent construction to improve the campus, but the professors, students, and classes are all simply wonderful both academically and invitingly. I feel both safe and welcome on campus, and adore coming and going at all times.

Allan

It has a decent amount to offer but finding help from counselors or faculty can be really difficult. The life outside the school is really boring. Most of the professors seem to not want to teach here. I wish it offered more for students that do seem more serious.

Mlou

I Would describe LACC as dangerous and demoralizing. Thought they have 3 newer buildings, the rest of campus is in an extreme state of disrepair and filth. The classrooms are literally filthy- layers of dust and grime, ceiling tiles missing, stained carpets, ancient desks. The neighborhood it's located in is unsafe after dark.

Clinton

I really enjoy fall courses because the student vibe works as a unit, whereas, just about every student is striving their selves to manage their time and pleasure. I must say that the air on the east side of Hollywood feels refreshing. Also, the space of the overall campus is enough, mainly because, as a current student, one is likely to spend most of their time in the chair on one of the three floors of the Martin Luther King Library.

Carjohn

It's okay for the most part. A great start for someone coming out of high school.

This is a horrible school system. They are very unhelpful. Most people are rude. Its dirty. They need to get better teachers or at least ones who care about their students. There is no parking. The worst are the people in financial aid. They are so rude and condescending.

Alyssa

Los Angeles City College offers a lot of great programs with good services. They are currently constructing two parts of the school, creating a brand new building while also tearing down an older, unsafe building. The services given to the students are substantially well. I am happy with the help I am able to receive.

Lydia

LACC is a great 2 year option, I would suggest making a solid ed plan before diving into classes here, that way you don't have to spend more time here than necessary. The student life is very diverse but not very commutative. I tend to enjoy most of my professors though I have has several (In my one year attending classes) that shoved their personal opinion and bias down my throat. The facilities are improving daily thought surviving the construction zones are an every day adventure. Food service is extremely lacking so pack a lunch!

Danielle

The professors here are great. Your experience is what you make of it. If you don't make an effort, then you will have problems succeeding. Despite not being a university, the course work can be challenging depending on your major. The bathrooms may not always be spotless, but I am very happy here.

Neda

Great cozy college. Not so packed. So they take care of students. Great professors and they really care about students. If you ever have any problem you can talk to your counselors and professors. Not a lot of good food in the campus. But plenty of restaurants around.

Aaron

It is a good college in Los Angeles to get your associate degree.

Melissa

It's a good school overall, but the other schools in the LACCD readily have more resources and facilities available for their students. The school itself has a large campus but the classes are easy enough to find. Most of the departments are good but many choose to do their STEM classes at another school.

Sady

LACC has expanded it's learning programs. I wish they had an Apple-MAC Technology Class so I wouldn't have to try to learn from the internet. I also wish not all programs were on a lottery based admissions toward certain internships. Overall I'm really happy they're finally locking the gates after hours to keep the homeless out. I'm sorry for their current situation but the point that Bed bugs had came into the building because of hobo activity was really unsafe. One day one of them nasty critters bit me & left me a blister while I was in CT12 class.( Really not a good feeling). Also they'd use up the microwaves to cook old stuff leaving the ovens with that Street/Alcohol smell. I hope someone was able to relocate them.

Ciara

I enjoy attending this school. There are a lot of free/low cost resources for students on campus. I find that the professors are available when needed. The class sizes are pretty small, which I appreciate as it's easier to develop a relationship with other students and professors.

Antonio

Overall, I enjoyed going to LACC. It was very easy to commute to because it was next to the red line. The class that were offered fit my schedule perfectly. So, I had to study and also do fun things. The workers are really good at their jobs, however the one thing I wished it improved on is I wished more people worked in the counters. Especially when it is full. Two people are working when there is a huge line of people. Causing to stay waiting for a long time.

Dennis

The college is pretty much high school part two, but i actually enjoy the classes unlike high school. The teachers i know are very open minded and engage with the whole class. Since i grew up at a different city i don't really have any friends, but there are some people you can easily make friends with.

Nadia

I love LACC. It is a diverse college with faculty there to want to help and encourage you to do better. There are many programs that can help one succeed if he or she chooses to do so. The only negative is that students do not know about all the programs that is accessible to them.

Alana

As a student at Los Angeles City College, I do have a mixed opinion of the college. I am fortunate to be pursuing one of their better programs, which is the Radiology program. I feel that this program is one of the best in the state as it works with amazing hospitals and has about 97% of its graduates working as soon as they complete the program. Because of this, I feel like Los Angeles City College does offer some very solid programs for students, which will enable them to be very successful in their careers. That being said however, I personally feel that unless a student is in one of their better programs, they will feel lost or unmotivated in what they are doing. Los Angeles City College does not really feel like it is cohesive as a school ( I do not even know if we have any sports teams, and if we do, I have no clue what they are). It is very easy to feel disconnected from school, the professors, the programs, and fellow students.

Sylvain

Great to start!

DENIKA

Its a decent school,diverse and very hands on and helpful well they teach you how to help yourself .Good atmosphere and nice people and teachers. its always people that you will see or meet that may be foreign to you in your day to day life but you still get a chance to engage depending on your openness to other people and races .

dre

I am relatively new to the school, it being my first semester here at this campus. The environment itself is actually a lot more comfortable than I had anticipated and I like the professors I have been studying under. The food choice is great and there are shops just across the street for students to lounge, study, and hang out. The library is massive and the media building is gorgeous. The classes themselves are relatively intermediate and do not stress me out just yet.

Samuel

It’s very well set up. If you engage with it and learn the system you will do well. The academic counselor know how to navigate the system. There is support for applying for financial aid, support for new and first generation students, and extra help with English and math.

karen

Los Angeles City College is a very friendly campus with great instructors as well as a lot of places around to eat or cafes. The classroom is always a safe place for discussions, helping aids, and tutoring. I always feel safe walking on this campus regardless of the metro stop because there are plenty of security officers as well as police men protecting us. I would recommend anyone that wants to take classes for fun or planning to transfer to other institutions to attend here because they're willing to help you and guide you through classes and financial help.

Gloria

With Los Angeles, Community College Region, Los Angeles city school has developed the biggest American city to get speculation through the L.A. Promise. These nine LACCD grounds educational cost-free make it easy to pick your classes. I think if the biggest city in the biggest state government it will make school training all-around accessible for mindful understudies, social orders wherever will wind up getting similar speculation.

Fernanda

Los Angeles City College is a well rounded schooler that allows students to grow academically and explore the wide opportunities is the community and around the world. I am great full for the opportunities this campus has offered and continues to offer me. I am confident that I have obtained the skill I need to advance in my education.

Josmely

It is an overall average community college. I like the fact that they have a variety of resources for all kinds of people. Professors always make this information available and sometimes go out of their own way to help a student in need. Some things that do need work have more to do with fixtures in buildings and perhaps some professors could be a little more organized. Professors who aren't sure of what they're doing often times leaves students feeling lost or maybe even debating whether they should continue on with the course or not. Just as students need to come prepared so should our instructors.

Abigael-Mae

I've spent about 4 years at the college trying to find out who I was. I started off as Nursing then moved on to Computer Science but found my passion in Psychology. I might have switched majors many times but that's what being human is. We're all changing, and that's me. I found being in LACC really memorable in the fact that the classes and professor helped me find myself and who I want to be for myself; not for others.