Hollywood, CA
Los Angeles Film School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Los Angeles Film School

This is a great school for people who is interested in getting into the entertainment business. The school allows the students to gain valuable hands on experience in the field they want to go into. All equipment is provided for the students who want to make their own film. If you are serious about learning filmmaking, then this is the school for you.

Isabella

My overall opinion of The Los Angeles Film School is that its a great place to expand your knowledge and meet new people. Its a great school to network and meet potential collaborators in the entertainment industry. No matter what skill level you're at the instructors will always answer any questions you have and guide you through the assignments step by step.

This school is the best decision I've ever made! LA Film School is working to give me every tool needed to succeed and grow as student, but also a person. I've learned so much already and I really feel like a void in my life has been filled. Great teachers, great curriculum, and they teach you how to build a portfolio so that you are ready for the workforce when you graduate!

It is a great program. With online or in-class options, there is a program to fit everyone's needs. The accessibility of the staff and professors is exceptional. Communication is stressed by every professor I have and it makes a huge difference in being the best student I can be.

alia

Choosing to go to school here for college was the best decision I ever made, and I am learning so much! I couldn't be happier with my choice. I waited a long time before I chose a degree and a college because I was so uncertain about what I wanted to learn and I didn't feel like I could commit to uncertainty. LAFILM had very wise and knowledgable admissions staff and helped me really strategize my future career in the Entertainment Industry! I've learned so much already!

adelyn

A place where they tried to make our safety and education their priority, they didn't always achieve it but it, but they trie...

A place where they tried to make our safety and education their priority, they didn't always achieve it but it, but they tried.

Inmature kids that in no way did they no what they were doing, and not interested in any way in school or what it had to offer.

If I could go back in time and tell myself something I would just tell myself to have as many doors open as possible. I seem to have left only one door open because I though I was doing the right thing. I would tell myself to leave every single other option open just incase I needed them.

Adrienne

For anyone interested in exploring the world of filmmaking: The Los Angeles Film School is a virtual sandbox of opportunity where technology opens the door of the storyteller's dream.

When choosing a college don't feel rushed or try to please anyone but yourself. You need to remember there is no right or wrong choice. Have clear goals in mind when you begin the search and be thorough in your process. It's just as important to trust your "feelings" about a place as it is to know all the "statistics" about it. If your instinct tell you it's a 'fit' then trust it. When you get to the college join as many activities as possible. It's a great way to make new friends. Don't be afraid to try new things. This is your time to expand your interests and have fun. Watch out for overloading your schedule though. Always think about your goals. Good grades are important, but quality of life is also important. Don't limit your experience by losing site of the original goals and getting lost this transition. Remember the hardest times sometimes turn out to be opportunities for growth. Tell yourself you are here for a reason and do your best everyday.

It is located in Hollywood and I have found the cost of living in Los Angeles to be very high compare to other cities. There are no dorm facilities available and some of the surrounding housing options are either too expensive or at a great distance from the school.

Gina

Growing up as a child, I often felt anxious about life, so dreaming about the day I would leave home and explore the world helped ease my mind. But by age 17 in high school, I felt constantly stressed and burdened to make the right decisions. I felt if I didn't get into the right school, or chose the wrong degree, it would be the Apocolypse. Everything it seemed, hinged on a perfect GPA, scholarships, and being beautiful and popular at the same time. I felt like I was anything but. I never felt thin enough, and I never knew how to relax. I felt like I was a failure on some level, like my other classmates weren't as burdened by life as I was. I felt as though they knew some secret that allowed them to feel invincible and free from worry. In the fall of my senior year of high school I developed an eating disorder, and it triggered a chain of negative events throughout my 20s that took years to recover from. I would go back and simply tell myself to make enjoying life a number one priority. Life is flexible, not black and white.

In just nine months, I've learned more about the film industry than I 've ever learned about any one subject in my entire educational career. It's like Hollywood Boot Camp, only delightful and rewarding. I honestly feel like I've been given the hands-on skills required for my dream career. The impressive faculty are approachable, experienced, and connected professionals, whom are more than willing to help students reach their goals however possible. This school goes beyond conventional academia to a kinethestic, interactive, on-the-job training education. Overall, it's an ideal college experience.

Honestly, part of the excitement of coming to this school was the unknown factor, so there isn't much I wish I had known prior to moving out to Hollywood. The negative side has mostly been unable to have any control over classmates's maturity levels and work ethic, and being at their mercy because you have the same classmates year-round. I do wish I had taken a film theory class prior to this school, just to be on familiar terms with more revolutionary filmmakers and their craft, but it's not an absolute necessity, just a bonus.

• $0

Los Angeles Film School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.