Los Angeles Film School Top Questions

adelyn

If I could go back in time and tell myself something I would just tell myself to have as many doors open as possible. I seem to have left only one door open because I though I was doing the right thing. I would tell myself to leave every single other option open just incase I needed them.

Adrienne

When choosing a college don't feel rushed or try to please anyone but yourself. You need to remember there is no right or wrong choice. Have clear goals in mind when you begin the search and be thorough in your process. It's just as important to trust your "feelings" about a place as it is to know all the "statistics" about it. If your instinct tell you it's a 'fit' then trust it. When you get to the college join as many activities as possible. It's a great way to make new friends. Don't be afraid to try new things. This is your time to expand your interests and have fun. Watch out for overloading your schedule though. Always think about your goals. Good grades are important, but quality of life is also important. Don't limit your experience by losing site of the original goals and getting lost this transition. Remember the hardest times sometimes turn out to be opportunities for growth. Tell yourself you are here for a reason and do your best everyday.

Gina

Growing up as a child, I often felt anxious about life, so dreaming about the day I would leave home and explore the world helped ease my mind. But by age 17 in high school, I felt constantly stressed and burdened to make the right decisions. I felt if I didn't get into the right school, or chose the wrong degree, it would be the Apocolypse. Everything it seemed, hinged on a perfect GPA, scholarships, and being beautiful and popular at the same time. I felt like I was anything but. I never felt thin enough, and I never knew how to relax. I felt like I was a failure on some level, like my other classmates weren't as burdened by life as I was. I felt as though they knew some secret that allowed them to feel invincible and free from worry. In the fall of my senior year of high school I developed an eating disorder, and it triggered a chain of negative events throughout my 20s that took years to recover from. I would go back and simply tell myself to make enjoying life a number one priority. Life is flexible, not black and white.