Los Angeles Mission College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Los Angeles Mission College

Taniamari

It is an affordable campus to pursue an education

Joseph

The college has done an absolutely terrific job at gifting me with the one true thing I yearn for: an education. Everything else the college offers is just a delightful bonus. Everyone there is extremely pleasant to approach about questions and the resources are not difficult to come upon. The amount resources given to students are extremely relevant and surprisingly helpful.

Jeannette

I really enjoy coming to this school. I've never had a bad experience and they are all very helpful. I enjoy the fact that the school is not too big so it's easy to get from class to class. I feel very safe at this schools and I am proud to say that I go to la mission college.

Diana

Los Angeles Mission College, is a great learning campus. I haven’t had any bad expierences while my stay there. The campus is a very mellow and safe environment. It’s staff is supportive of its students and ensures that everybody meets their educational goals.

Los Angeles Mission College is a decent community college that is suited for students who want to get in, take their prereq. courses and transfer out as fast as they can. Mission has some great professors but beware of the incompetent ones. I’ve had a professor make political science interesting (even though I hate talking about politics) and a humanities professor take the class back to ancient Greek and really make us visualize what life was like back then. However, I’ve also come across professors that made me want to rip my hair out; they couldn’t teach a class even if their lives depended on it. Always be sure to check their rating on ratemyprofessor.com! It may just save your life. The food is certainly one of my favorite things about this school. It’s so good that it could bring a grown man to tears. There are a good number of clubs on campus and they could enhance your college experience. There’s also a STEM program for students who are pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering or math. The STEM counselors do their best to hook the students up and get them transferred to the university of their choice. The campus environment is easygoing so approach someone and make a friend! Overall, Mission College is a good school to attend and take your prerequisites, it definitely will save you a lot of moola.

Hailey

Some of the professor are very encouraging and make a big impact on their students. Other professors, don't make that big of an effort. It's also hard to reach them at crucial times, such as the day before an exam. For the most part, the staff is very helpful and tries to get students to their goals. However, a small fraction of the staff don't put in enough effort into the important aspects of a student's life such as financial aid or counseling.

Los Angeles Mission College has it's pros and con. However it's probably one of the best community colleges in Los Angeles. One, it has a very large campus, excellent food and very friendly staff. However the classroom are typically packed, which isn't too great.

gloria

The school has great professors but the counseling department is terrible. If you go on different days you will receive different answers so there is no uniformity. Most of my friends and colleagues received misleading information at some point and had to stay an extra semester or two because they had been advised to take classes they did not really need.

Alanna

I hope I can transfer to a good college after attending here. The end goal is very important to me and as long as I get great grades I can transfer to a good college. I am so happy that the college and gave me the opportunity to attend but its not the best looking college cosmetically but it has the classes I need to transfer

william