Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Trade Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Los Angeles Trade Technical College

Darandall

It is a ok school nothing extremely fantastic about it. There are some issues with people who smoke if you want to destroy your lungs fine but leave mine alone. The campus security is ok but sometimes things get out of hand in shaded areas where no one is. Some people are very disrespectful and God help us all.

Milten

I feel happy and blessing to enjoy lattc college. I feel very integrated in a multicultural community, I am a disabled person and single mother and this school supports me, and helps me to reach my goals. I am happy here. I have attended another community college and the truth is that I did not feel the same support as here is why I returned in my current college I have the eops program that is for students who are full students They offer me a lot of support as a single mother like food tickets and counseling, help for study materials, complement this with dsps. I really feel very special with this last program. Well it's only for people with all kinds of disabilities like me, And they are always attentive and contribute to achieve our goals since for people with disabilities and mothers we are a double and great challenge to move forward. We must fulfill a number of tasks and responsibilities as a woman. Such as being on time for medical treatments to arrange our schedule for surgeries, take care of details and obligations with our children and attend and perform in our own classes. All that is presented to us is a double and heavy task to be accomplished. That's why these programs offered help ease the burden. I wish that all those who pass this have the same access that I have today and I thank you for letting me express, even if I may not win the scholarship. I send you all the blessings and gratitude for letting me participate always yours lattc student.

lisa
My experience

My experience

My time at Trade tech was a very good experience the culinary arts program is the best . The professors were there when you needed them with no hesitation to assist you whenever you needed them. I learned a lot during my time there and I wouldn't change anything about the experience,

Aurora Karma

This school is constantly evolving and because of the construction and drastic changes its been a challenge but I must say that it is definitely a good school

I don't really hang out with anyone but I've encountered some nice people. I'm there to learn not hang out

Venice

People assume that everyone attending LATTC are not pursuing a College Degree, but instead are searching for a quick study trade because of its name "Los Angeles Trade Technical College", but that could not be further from the truth. The ratio for College Degrees to Trade Certificates is the same as any other Junior College.

In my opinion they are the Black Student Union and Honor Society.

The students are very engaged and very motivated here.

They are tough, but one must evaluate the value of his or her education; nothing is worth having unless you work hard to get it.

Monica

From the knowledge I have now, I would tell "High School Senior Me" that it is not important where you go to school. It is also not important whether or not you go straight to a four year as long as you are prepared to work hard and get good grades. Just because everyone else in your social group is rubbing it in people's faces where it is that they are going does not mean you are any less than them. Everything works out for the best and eventually you will see that your decision was better than you ever thought. High School is not the end and there are better opportunities for you in the future. Also, get into the Extended Opportunities program during your first year and do not let the money go to waste.

Someone who does not have a lot of money but is still looking for a bright future in either a trade or looking to transfer.

How helpful professors are and getting good grades in all classes.

Francisco

The worst thing about my school is that there is no quiet place to study. The libaray is filled with loud students and there is not a lot od study rooms to accommodate study groups.

I brag to my friends that my school hasn't lead me to debt so far. Most of my friends are a couple thousands dollars in debt already!

Mariana

The transition from High School to College, is a life changing experience that many studenst are not prepared for. For the most part, trying to juggle school and work is not as easy as I thought it would be. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advice myself to consider gettting my license as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), or a License Vocational Nurse (LVN). With either one of these license I would be able to work in what I like, and I would know what it is to work in a hospital environment. With the experience I have gained, I will than go back and persuit my license as a Resgister Nurse.

One of the best qualities that Los Angeles Trade Tech College has is that it offers many trades, and it is not as expensive as attending private schools. Teacher's at LATTC are very supportive, and understand the struggles that we as students go through.

The worst thing about Los Angeles Trade Tech College is that it is a poverty-stricken school. At the beginning of 2009, due to all the budget cuts, so many classes were cut which affected the majority of the students attending LATTC. Because of these cuts, many plan's and goal's that student's had to transfer to a universtiy were shattered.

In my opinion, Los Angeles Trade-Tech College is mostly well known for awarding 2-year certificates and degrees in Construction Technology, Fashion Design, Cosmetology, and other vocational programs. It is the number one community college in California well known for that. Architecture is what I'm aiming for and I learned that my community college has Architecture programs that were ranked Top Ten in the State.

If I were able to talk to my high school senior self, I would say the most that I can to make my present self a much better person. One of the things, is to tell her that she has to give this senior year the best she can accomplish. To finish up and fulfill that goal list she had. Another thing, was to say that even though she was in many clubs, programs, and doing extra curricular activities is to explore beyond that. The last thing is to consult her, that when the time comes to take the SAT/ACT is to study hard. I would motive her to not get distracted by her surroundings and give her that push and support she needed to keep her going. When that time came, where she was waiting and standing at the door of the classroom for the instructor to call out names and begin testing. To not turn back because she was stressed about her parent's divorce and doubted herself that she wasn't good and didn't study enough. Overall, only what you presently do to commit youself to your education can determine your unpredictable future.

First of all, students are given the opportunity to go to college and then transfer to a university. If a student is not serious or commited about graduating school they shouldn't attend LATTC. Also people who do not live in the Los Angeles area should not try attending LATTC.

Corri

It is a very small notch up from high school, but serves its purpose because I will be able to transfer to Cal Stae Dominquez Hills to get my teaching credential.

Our school has many technical courses that students are able to achieve a certificate and acquire skills that allow them to get a job.

"If I knew then what I know now" is a song by a country western singer that could not be more correct. If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would give myself three pieces of advice. One, listen to the college advisor who tried to help you go straight to college after high school. Two, there really is a good reason life should be college, marriage, and then children and not in any other order. Last, apply for scholarships, scholarships. scholarships! I took a year off of school and it became harder and harder to get back in school. Just when I went and attending for one year, I got pregnant with my first child. It was important for me to stay at home with my children so I did. Soon after, two more children and no time to go to school. My second point is to get a commitment from "him or her". When he decided to leave, I had to work to support us. Ten years later, I have returned to college and my children could not be more supportive and proud of me. In order to finish, I need scholarships, scholarships, scholarships.

Los Angeles Trade Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.