Louisburg, NC
Louisburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Louisburg College

Jordan

Louisburg college has a wide variety of students from different backgrounds and all over the country as well as outside of the country. The faculty/staff here are amazing and show that they really and truly care about the students. Although it might be challenging to make friends at first, once you find that one person you get along with, you are soon introduced to more and more people because of that one person you know. As for the classwork itself, it is challenging but the students are given the opportunity to reach out and get help, either from teachers or tutors.

Mekhi

It's a very welcoming environment. The staff and students are so nice and respectful and friendly. And the facilities are just amazing. The dining hall is amazing the food is remarkable. The staff there at this college really have the students best interest at heart.

Mantriel

Louisburg College is the perfect place for a second opportunity. FOR ANYONE! The school itself has a lot to offer with giving you the college experience while also keeping you focused on what you are there for. The staff is so loving and caring, and are ready to assist you when needed! I love Louisburg College!

My overall opinion of Louisburg College is that it is a great 2 year college for one who is still trying to figure out what they want to major in at a 4 year college/university. It is also a great college for one who wants to continue studying as well as continue in athletics.

LaDreveus

Louisburg is a Great School

Louisburg is a Great School

Gail
The Truth about Louisburg College

The Truth about Louisburg College

To call Louisburg College a "college" is laughable at best. A more accurate description would be to call it the 13th grade. I gave it 1 star because I couldn't give it anything less. BEWARE THIS PLACE IS A SCAM! Unless you are an athlete on a full scholarship using Louisburg as a steppingstone STAY AWAY! This is NOT AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL. 0 credits will transfer to actual universities. Louisburg is an awful school, in an awful town run by people who are only interested in getting your money. At best this institution scams concerned parents of children with learning disabilities out of the money. $20,000 - $25,000 spent on 1 year at this "school" and not 1 single credit transferred not even to a community college!? Their Learning Partners program was an absolute joke. Half of the meetings with my “councilor” consisted of discussing Beatles’ lyrics? The other half was consumed by rants about all of her deep emotional issues. The Campus is located in the middle of an impoverished town and is frequented by crack heads and other panhandlers. My dorm room was broken into a few times and the administration did nothing to recover the stolen property nor did they report it to the local authorities. However, the college had no issues with calling the police to conduct bogus searches of dorm rooms that brought even more bogus charges against their students. The dorm rooms had black mold growing in the HVAC vents that barely worked. There were also electric and plumbing issues that were never addressed by maintenance. Dorm life did resemble a middle school church camp where RA’s encourage students to inform on other students for any reason. This results in unnecessary conflict among students. I’m sure many of you feel this review is written by a troll who has a score to settle with the college. This is not the case. I will be 100% transparent with you. This was my Louisburg College experience. I had good enough grades leaving high school but didn’t take applying to colleges seriously. My parents were concerned and had heard of Louisburg so we went for a visit. They laid it on thick playing to my mother’s fears. The end result of the visit was if you have the money for tuition then you are accepted. I attend Lou-U in 2002 for 2 semesters. The curriculum was a joke, the classes were ridiculously easy. Two weeks before final exams I was expelled, with a 4.0 GPA, because they said I had a problem with authority. That was it ... no refund, no further explanation. Just be gone by 4pm or they would have me arrested. I heard stories of similar expulsion happening in the years before I arrived. Every dime that my parents had set aside for my college education was gone and I had nothing to show for it. I returned home got a job at UPS and at a local restaurant. I enrolled in a local community college. I was shocked to find that not a single credit from Louisburg transferred (the hours did) so I had to start over from scratch. The Community college curriculum was far more challenging and the cost was a fraction of Louisburg. After spending 2 years at the community college I transferred into the UNC college system graduated with honors a few years later and am currently a well educated, happy, successful Account Executive. No thanks to Louisburg College. Moral of the story for parents: DON’T BELIEVE LOUISBURG’S LIES they will not help your child they only want your money. Don’t allow them to convince you that your child won’t ever amount to anything if they don’t get into a college right out of high school. Take a serious look at your local community college. Take time to consider your options and don’t buy into the lies offered by Louisburg College. Moral of the story for graduating High School seniors: take applying to College serious it’s only your future. Don’t feel like you’re a looser if you don’t get into a college right out of High School. TRY to do so but there is nothing wrong with going to a local community college, living at home and saving some money. Keep your head down, work hard and make an educated decision about your future. And know that your future will not start at Louisburg College. Unless you are an athlete and in that case refer to the first paragraph of this review.

thomas

My school in one sentence is small but has many resources for you to succeed if you use them.

If i could go back in time i would tell myself be patient. If its one thing this school taught me is to manage my money. Though this school is expensive it keeps my focus so i can graduate and begin paying back all the loans ive taken out.

Shanice

I would tell myself it is okay to meet new people. Stop being shy all the time , and get out of your comfort zone. Not everyone think you are a nerd most people applaud a girl that is about her education and not partying all the time. Get use to staying up late at night studying for finals and exams. Get a tutor as soon as possible !. College math , science, and english is completely different from high school. Set realistic goals for yourself do not think just because you are in college does not mean you have to make dean's list your first year. Go visit your professors during their office hours get to know them. They are there to help you transition from high thought of mind to college thought of mind. Do not just sit your room go out and walk around campus to get familiar with it. Other than those things you should be fine.

I attend Vance Granville Community College. The best part about the school is that the teachers actually help you and not just give you work and not help. Most teachers do not help students but the teachers at Vance Granville are different. They also does not teach in a fast paste either. It's fast enough but also slow enough to understamd what is going on and that you are able to ask questions. Teachers encourage their students to ask questions when they do not understand.

People who wants to be in large classes should not attend. The most people I had in a class was twenty. Also , kids that do not want to put in the extra effort if they had a night class should not attend. People who do not like to get uo early also should not attend.

Louisburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.