Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Top Questions

mahalie

I wish I had known about more orientation programs and taken them.

Gabrielle

The only thing that I wish I would've known that it is alright to not have all the answers on day one. I worried for months that I would be in college for longer than expected because I was so unsure of my future. I wish I could have told myself to just be more "in the moment" - to enjoy my days, work hard, but trust that everything would fall into place.

Ashlee

I wish that I had known what I wanted to do in life.

Lizbeth

How many additional fees are charged besides tuition. I move in, in a couple of days and i resently found out abou fee for the union, and fee for the rec, and more. I just don't know why it wasn't included in the financial aid. It's too much to handle an new place and no money.

Tara

I wish I had known about my current major, so that I would not have had to attend an extra year of school here. Education here is getting very expensive for my budget.

Erica

I wish I would have joined more extra-curricular activities aroudn campus. There are so many options for students to choose from, and it is is easy to find activities to fit anyone's interests. It's a great way to meet people around campus and expand your friend base. I have many friends from school, but they are all from my major, and it would have been beneficial to have met more people from varying majors and backgrounds.

I wish I would have known how expensive the living cost was, I believe the apartment are very over priced for the quality you recieve.

Molly

I wish I had known how demanding my classes were going to be. High school was very easy for me, and the transition to college was a very drastic one. I wish I had been more prepated to handle the temptation of an over-active social life. If I had known how to balance my studies with extra-curricular activities, I could have gained more from my freshman year.

Catharine

LSU's campus is isolated from the kinds of entertainment college students might enjoy on a week night. If you don't have a car, you'll find it really difficult to go off campus to see a movie, go shopping, or even enjoy dinner off campus. Staying on campus without a lot to do for weeks at a time can really wear you down until you want to be anywhere except campus.

Benton

I wish I had known how importnat it was to attend every single class. I wish I had been a little bit better at getting myself out of sticky situations.

Samuel

I wish I had knows about all the internet codes that you need for online class homework.

Alisha

More ethnic professors

Jared

The first three semesters are the hardest. The beginning classes are designed to weed out students. Making it through the first year and a half will give you a greater chance of leaving the university with your degree in hand.

Paige

I wish i would have known that teachers are not going to care if you come to class and you need ot do the work. Along with learning all the materials in the books because you never know what they will test you on

Travis

I wish that I had known how to study a little better. Study habits are the most important habits that you can have going into college, especially for a big university. All it takes is a little work. Prospective college students need to look in to studying habits early. It makes a difference and makes the transition from high school to college much easier.

Travis

I wish I would have known about the different options in choosing a major and scheduling classes. I felt like I was just thrown into a major without knowing my options.

Melissa

Once I graduated from high school after taking honors and Ap classes, I thought college would be a breeze. But boy was I in for a rude awakening! I wish I could have known before entering college how much work was required prior to my freshman year at college. I felt like I came into college not as prepared as I thought I was going to be, even after having taken honors and AP classes. The additional hours of studying, preperation and assignments was much more than I had anticipated.

Erica

There is nothing that I wish that I had known about this school before I attended it because I picked up information throughout the school year as I needed it.

Allison

I wish I would have known that it is better to get involved in some activity or club as a freshman to develop strong anf lasting friendships with new people.

Shannon

I wish I would have know that the school would continually raise student fees before I came to LSU. Since I have started attending the University student fees have continually increased with not much to show for it. The school also does not make it well known exactly what benefits come with our students fees. I feel like I pay for so much that I am missing out on that I am not aware that of. Tution fees have also increased over the years.

Kristin

I wish I would have know that LSU is better than UGA (which is where I went for my first semester of college).

Brad

The importance of GPA during my freshmen and sophmore year.

How poor poor college students really can be!

Dane

that greek life is more important than people have said

Marylyn

Nothing, I liked learning as I went

Kyle

That engineering was not a field that I want to major in. I love the enviroment at LSU it's a fun place to attend.

Mark

That my girlfriend and I werent going to be together forever.

Marianne

I wish someone would have taught me proper studying habits. Getting to LSU without them can cause you hell your freshmen year.

KRISTINA

That it would be hard to make friends.

Krista

I wish I would have known that football tickets sold out super quicky.

Erin

That there is practically no audiology program (which is my major) and what is left is being done away with.