Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Top Questions

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Debatable. People study differently, however, most people would say the library is the best place to get work done. In the library, there are four floors. The higher floor you choose, the quieter is gets. The fourth floor is basically silent. It's weird, but it's cool. The first floor is a computer lab and tends to be a group study area. Some people study best in their rooms with no noise, and some can study in the Union where there can be lots of noise. Some buildings, like Howe-Russel, have a lobby area that is quiet most of the time, so some people like studying there. Most residence halls have a room that can be designated for studying.

Jimmy

This is a good thing about the campus...there are so many places you can go to do research, homework, or projects on campus. The library of course! But a unique ability to be able to choose computer labs or unoccupied classrooms have been the choice I have taken.

Jackie

The very best place to get work done is on the third floor of Middleton Library. It is completely quiet up there. Even the doors shut quietly! There are a few sofas, some chairs at big desks for group study, individual desks separated by little walls so you can focus better, and even rooms that you can reserve to practice presentations and study in groups when you need to talk and don't want to disturb those around you. Then, if you get tired and need a little break, just go downstairs to grab some coffee and a snack!

Jackie

The Middleton Library is a study hot spot, especially during testing weeks. My favorite spots, however, are coffee shops such as Highland Coffee, PJ's, Starbucks, and the free coffee shop called Common Grounds. Other places include the Law building and the parade grounds during pleasant weather.