Louisiana State University-Shreveport Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Louisiana State University-Shreveport

Louisiana State University-Shreveport is underrated. Many people speak negatively of small town or hometown universities, but truth is, LSUS is a great school. The campus is small, but the classes range in size. The Noel Library is beautiful and one of my favorite places to study. It consists of Greek Life, clubs, honor societies, and great opportunities to meet new people and make great friends. I have never been more comfortable in school than I am now.

Courtney

Louisiana State University-Shreveport is an amazing experience. Even though I reside in New Orleans, I am a virtual online student that feel as though I stay on the campus because my professors are extremely attentive and always available. I appreciate the flexibility of the program as being a full time employee because it allow me to still learn at my own pace. There is a huge variety of programs this school offer and the explanation is exceptional!

Donna Lou

LSUS is a great school to attend because it offers something for everyone. There are a wide variety of choices in academics for all interests and a lot of extracurricular activities to give you a healthy balance in school. You also receive a campus email about upcoming events like workshops, sports, and fun activities as well as important information.

MICHELLE

LSUS is the perfect school for a nontraditional student or students wanting to stay close to home. It's not the normal campus atmosphere as commonly seen in movies, but it is a great atmosphere for the promotion of learning.

Sabrina

I have received two Bachelor degrees from this university, and I don't regret either of them. In general, professors are interested in your progress and willing to help, though you will find the occasional jerk in the mix, but that's to be expected at almost any university. Of course, the state is in a budget crunch right now, but the college is doing everything they can on their end to mitigate the costs to the students. Which, admittedly, isn't much. However, in the state of Louisiana, LSUS has one of the cheapest tuitions.

Victoria

As I am a new student here, it has been hectic trying to understand the ropes of college and how to succeed, but the other people that attend here and the professors make it so nice and easy to understand. They truly care and inspire me to do my best. I absolutely love the way everyone encourages participation of new events, activities, campus life, greek life, and volunteering. But, I especially love the prioritizing of academics and the help to further better oneself in such.

The school has lots of free resources to ensure that their students succeed in their endeavors. These resources include a Student Services resource that is free to students. It includes free tutorials that are available online. Student Services also includes one-on-one tutoring, in person or online, at no charge. Finally, you can get tutoring from a Professor if need be, also at no charge. The school is not interested in nickle and dimeing students, on the contrary, the school interested in the student's success and they have the free resources to prove it. From a phone support perspective, every time I have called any department at LSU - Shreveport, they make you feel like they were waiting for your call. It is truly one-on-one support, with no feeling of being rushed. They are relaxed and make the student very comfortable making the call. Personally, I hate calling people that I do not know. However, I do not hesitate to call LSU - Shreveport for help because it feels like you are speaking to a subject matter expert that is their just for you. It's an amazing experience.

Cassandra

The school has an amazing program and great staff. My favorite part is how small the school is so you get to know everyone including professors. They do not have dorms , but in my opinion is better because they have apartments that are very nice. The apartments are greatwhen on a budget.

Sara

Short, simple, and to the point - take advantage of it! It is a small town, not a lot going on here (party wise), but a lot of opportunities to make with little competition (so many internships!). If you play your cards right, and you're wise, you will be very successful here. Take the initiative of the opportunities; the computer science department offers jobs, equipment, personal library, labs, software, and applications. The student life is always up to date with what's going on that week, filled with events and fun activities. Every Wednesday during common hour something is going on to look into, especially networking events with experienced real-life professionals. Rent is very cheap, and it is accessible to find jobs part-time as a student and afford to live alone. Wal-mart will be your best friend. Think of this spot as an investment of time for the betterment of your future, at least that's how I see it. Southern hospitality is a plus and does exist. Learn a different perspective along​ the way.

Aideliz

So far, so good, has been a great studying experience.

Denisha

Louisiana State University is a great school to attend. The teachers there really care about their students; they want their students to have a understanding of ever lesson that's taught. The teachers are always available to their students and reminding students of their office hours. Some teachers even recommend that we start study groups with our classmates to learn in small groups. I also love how Louisiana State University is diverse; every race, color, gender and those with disabilities go here. We all get alone well together and always discussing homework and tests outside the classroom. The first test of the semester is always the ice breaker for most students; after the first test we know what to expect on the other tests throughout the semester.

Claire

My experience so far has been alright, although it is hard to tell from only one semester. The extra curricular activities could be better, as I would love to get more involved in student life. Most of the teachers are great, although some are lackluster.

Margot

I enjoy it very much so far. A lot of work but the materials are useful. We use proctorio which is a tad stressful but is nice if something glitches on your test. The financial aid office is helpful but can be confusing when you first start hoping I can get a better career with my MBA.