Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Julie

The smaller classroom size is what makes Lourdes College unique. Lourdes is basically a four year college and offers additional Master degree programs. The individualized attention is what makes Lourdes standout amoung other colleges in the area.

Slow down and take your time in college. Finish what you start. Those few words have been spoken by myself to my two children who are now in college. As a 40 something mother of three, I wish I would have finished my education when I was younger. I was too nervous to attend a four year college because I didn't feel that I could actually do that well. Looking back I realize that high school was all about socializing and just having fun. I didn't really apply myself, although I didn't do so bad (A,B & C student). I could have had college behind me. When I was in my early 20's I went through an Associate Degree Program, however I didn't finish that either, I found a good paying job in the field I was studying and went for the money. I was so young then that the money I could make then looked far more promising than any degree could possibly give me. I tell myself everyday to climb the mountain in front of you (my nursing degree) and once you make it your dreams will come true.

I am in my 40's and as I watch some (not a lot) of the younger students they tend to frustrate me because they don't try. Within the classroom the professors are so willing to help students prosper. There are many resources for students to take advantage of at Lourdes College and the professors encourage each and every student to strive to do their best. When students are just plain lazy and take for granted the gift of higher education it is very frustrating to watch.

Cheryl

My classmates are very helpful as well as I. For example, if an emergency situation occur and a classmate has to miss the session, they can rely on the other to get the notes from the lecture for them. My classmates are reliable, educated, responsible, and very outgoing. We learn as well as have fun. We make learning fun...

First of all I am a non-traditional student, Therefore, I would tell myself to go to college immediately after High School. In addition, I would tell myself to do the best I can in school to keep my GPA at least at a 3.0 level. This is very important for when you get accepted into certain colleges. Having an average grade is ok but doing your best and having a better than average grade is really letting the college know that you are a hard worker from the start. Although I had an average GPA in high school I am now maintaining a better than average grade point average in college. Having a great grade gives you a great feeling to know that you can do it. The grade just do not represent the grade itself it is more than that. I would also tell myself to take the assignments seriously. When I was in High School I just completed the assignment given and did not do my best at it. I know now that you should absorb all that you can out of any education whether it is free or not. Knowledge is the key to success.

An individual that is not serious about a real educational experience should not attend this school because you really have to spend time on your studies in order to keep up with the curriculum A full-time student will more than likely have a 2.5 hour class once a week requiring the student to study an additional hour at home per hour of lecture. This type of studying should also be spaced throughout your week up until the next session. If it is a class that has quizzes every meet then read and study daily.

Naranda

My school is best known for the individual attention given to each student from staff.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would give myself the advice to know and remember my purpose. Knowing your purpose will make you focus on what you need to accomplish while also causing you to reflect and acknowledge what your intentions are. You will not accomplish anything that you cannot put your whole self into. You won't be able to finsih what you have started until you have made it a part of yourself, Naranda. So, know what your purpose is and what your purpose is in what you are doing because time is of the essence. And lastly remember what your purpose is because this will cause you to not be distracted by obstacles or nay sayers. Know and Remember your purpose, Naranda. College life is just one transition of many you will have to make. Know that with educating oneself you are enabling yourself to fulfill your purpose. This is just one of many ways of life.

What I consider to be the best thing about my school is that each of the instructors I have had so far at Lourdes College are passionate about what they do and about the mission of Lourdes College. When I attend class I am infected with their passion and feel as if I am special to attend such a great and respectable school. I am also comforted by the constant support I recieve from my instructors. So, I must say the staff/instructors are the best thing about Lourdes.

Don't stress out so much. College isn't really all that different. It's just another series of fun classes that you can use to continue learning new things. Also, start scholarship applications a little earlier and don't hold back just because you think you won't win the scholarship. And also remember, life is not always greener on the other side. The year that I tried to spend away from Lourdes College (At University of Toledo) was the worst and made me realize just how much I appreciated Lourdes. It may be hard sometimes, but just hold on and keep trucking along, because the winding road through college will be well worth it.

Someone who is open minded and ready to learn.

Teresa

Lourdes is a faith-based college, it is located on a beautiful wooded landscape. There is a serenity and a calm warm aura about this whole campus. The classrooms are small so nobody has to feel overwhelmed. We are a very close-knitted community, with a mission and diverse ministries. Lourdes is tech-savvy. There are all kinds of tools of help at Lourdes, that no individual needs to fail. We have a multitude of counsellors with an open-door policy, that truly cares for it's student body. Our advisors are always close at hand, we have free tutors.

That is a somewhat difficult question, I left Woodward High after completing my freshman year. I took a test, filled-out an application and I had to be interviewed, to be accepted at Harriet Whitney Vocational Technical High School. I also had to maintain a 'B' average or return to Woodward. On the application it was listed, not for college-bound students. If I, would tell myself anything it would be, forget the required 'B' average and always go for the gold(A+). I would encourage myself to strive for perfection in attendance and studies. Invest in myself, I'm worth it. Talking to that lady in the mirror I, would tell Teresa, to make sacrifices, and adjustments where it was necessary. Forget about being so in love as I, thought that we were. Listen to my mother and understand that she was the one that truly loved me, and only wanted to see me succeed. I would have told myself to slow down and enjoy my life, that I would only be a teenager once. Undoubtedly I, would have told myself that I was beautiful from the inside out, to love myself regardless, what anybody else said or thought.

Anyone that is unemployed and has a high school diploma, or it's equivalent(GED). One that is serious about pursuing a life changing career. If an individual needs that one on one attention, or just does not want the larger class sizes this is the place to be. There are people from all walks of life that would love this school, the atmosphere and it's environment. I would not want to stereotype anyone; we welcome anybody that has a strong desire to succeed in this receeding economy that we are in today. All that hunger and thirst come.

Heather

This is an amazing school, the staff and students really care and make everyone feel welcome.

As your high school career is coming to an end get ready for even a better ride. College will be the best time of your life. You will meet amazing people and make lifelong friendships. Don't be nervous, it just like high school but at a more intimate level. Make the best out of your high school career and prepare for your future now. Visit different colleges and find the one that fits your needs and personality. Always try your best and shoot for the stars. You can do whatever you set your mind to.

Amber

My classmates are hard studiers and career-focused.

My classmates are hard studiers and career-focused.

Take high school years more seriously and take the time to learn the information, not just memorize it. In college, you build on your past experiences academically. Focusing on schoolwork while you're in high school will make it far much easier to transition into college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the high expectations placed on each student. If you don't meet those expectations, you are kicked out of a program.

TAMALA

Lourdes, the place where traditional and non-traditional students feel comfortable around each other in a comfortable atmosphere.

The advice that I would give myself is not to delay in going to college, a 4-yr college. All my life I have wanted to take care of others and if I had gone immediately after high school, my years of nursing would total 25 years. When coming out of high school don't procrastinate on doing becoming the person you want to be. I have tutored others in nursing prior to going back in the year 2009 to complete my bachelors in nursing. Don't delay furthering your education.

When bragging on Lourdes, I talk about the class sizes, the instructors/professors being wonderful people, and the fact that the school has a religious aspects involved. I als brag on the people that I have had contact with thus far since Jan of 2009 have been so helpful to this non-traditional student.

Kasandra

It's a public school with a private school outlook. The majority of my classes are twenty students or less, and teachers always seem to make time for individual students. Each faculty member at Lourdes has each student's best interest in mind and takes the time to help everyone they can.

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition into college, the best advice I could give myself is to not procrastinate with assignments due, work hard for my grades and make sure that I do my best because college is so competitive now. I wish I would have know to try harder and get better grades because I did not really try before I came to Lourdes and did what I could to pass but I could have done a lot better if someone had pushed me to do better, or told me that I could do better. I would tell myself to not be a slacker and get good grades and to not procrastinate because there is not as much time as I thought there was. I would also tell myself to skip Kent State University and go to Lourdes, I probubly would be done with school by now.

I wish I had known how high the professor's standards were. Then I could have prepaired myself a little bit better academically.

Brittnie

If I were able to go back and give some insight to my high school senior self I would say don't wait. There is no reason for you to sit back and do nothing for almost two years before enrolling in college. Lourdes is a great college and you're going to love it. Do not waste anymore time because it effects your future. Also, I would recomend really looking into a specfic major. That way I would arrive with no worries and know exactly what I want.

I wish I known a little more about the departments that are offered.

Anyone can attend Lourdes College. The college has a very friendly and welcoming enviornment. They do not force their catholic views on any student and the staff is wonderful. I've really enjoyed my first college semester here and I do not plan on going anywhere else.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.