Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Ambyr

Lourdes is an inviting, wonderful, fun filled college.

Lourdes is an inviting, wonderful, fun filled college.

Lourdes is best known for all of the avaibale majors they have. It goes from Biology to Education to Social Worker.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell me a lot of things to prepare. The first thing I would tell myself is to fill out more scholarships. Paying for college is not an easy thing to do. Next I would tell myself to learn an easier quicker way to take notes. Notes are a big part of college and you can't miss a beat when it comes to note taking. Then I would tell myself to do homework as it comes. Don't let it build up to where it becomes a big problem and your up super late working on it. Finally I would tell myself to enjoy college it is not as scarry as it sounds. Getting involved in your college is a big part of the whole fun experience of college.

juette

my classmates are real friendly and they are mostly non traditional students who put interest in their work just as i do

some advice i would give myself is to control my spending more. Spend more time on studying and less time with friends and partying. Keep up with the assignment and dont get behind, make sure they are on time. dont wait unill the last minute to study. Keep studying all the time. Get as much help as possible from anyone you can because there's lots of help out there

I always brag about the friendly environment my school has. So far the staffs and faculties are really freindly and helpful. My school is a christian institution and have student from all cultures and background. They have lots of resources to help students to succeed academically. The classes are small so student can get one and one time with their professors. parking is free and there is no stress in finding parkng to get to class on time.

If I could go back in time to give some words of advice I would have to say take your time. Over the years I've wanted to be many different careers. Anywhere from a vet, because my love for animals or a lawyer, for my passion for justice. I've found my calling and that is to be a nurse. I love helping and giving back to the community. I know I could make a difference, taking care of somebody's sombody just as I would my own. One last thing I would say is to brace yourself, it will be a long trying road but it will pay off in every way. Thank you.

I would say the worst thing about my Lourdes College is the tuition. I am starting as a freshman to study and recieve the bachelors of science degree with school being approx. 12k a year and am planned to graduate december 2014. I am on my own when it comes to paying for school and very worried about finishing and making my dream a reality due to the costs.

Well this school gives great results from the students i've spoken with. With a small student to teacher ratio, making it easier for the students to grasp and recieve the help they need.

Catherine

My classmates are explorers, learners, teachers, discoverers, caring, friendly, helpful, nice, considerate, conscientious , loving, professional, cheerful, thoughtful, funny, and warm.

I would tell myself to listen to my feelings, if the college or university does not feel right then do not settle. When you look at schools do not look at the price, look at the environment, the class size, the wow factor. When you do get to the right school, DO YOUR HOMEWORK! There is no easier way to understand a subject that to simply do the assigned homework, whether it is reading or writing assignment. The easiest way to make connections and friends is to go to the coffee houses, the intimate concerts, and the many other miscellaneous events. In other word, get involved on campus and have fun! When you are having troubles with a subject go to one of the many tutors. Most importantly do not stress out, everything will work out for the best.

I brag about the amount of hands on learning, the teachers understanding of students, the school's understanding of the student as a person, the fact that I could walk into the college's President and talk to him one on one, the beautiful campus, and the overall feeling of belonging to something bigger than yourself.

Kelsey

It is fun and you dont have to have classes every day, you get to meet a lot of new people, but you need to keep good grades and attend class to the best your ability.

The small classes and how each teacher knows their students by name.

Any one who is looking for small classes and likes a community environment.

Scott

I would strongly encourage myself to listen to my heart and not take advice from people who do not have knowledge about the topic I am asking them about. My plan was to start college and go straight through and finish a master's degree in nursing. My friends and family encouraged me to get a job after 2 years and then work while finishing school. I found it very hard to find time to work full-time, have a social life, and go to school full-time all at once. I did not finish. Now I am 35 years old and currently in process of finishing what I started 17 years ago. My advice to myself: stay the course, finish school. Thank you for the opportunity!

The school is rather small and therefore we do not have any sports teams. I would really enjoy the opportunity to play a college level sport.

Someone who is not going to take learning seriously. This school provides a great education with caring staff. Someone to looking to party and blow off school need not apply.

Thh advice that I would give myself would be to focus more in high school. This focus will help me to get to where I need to be in college. If I focus, I will be able to excel in my academics. I also would be a more open person. If I am open to new things and new life experiences, I will be able to fit in with everyone in college. No one judges and everyone is much more open about diversity. If I practice these skills in high school, I will be sure to succeed in more ways than one throughout my college years.

Lourdes is agreat school. There is not much that is unacceptable in my opinion. If I had to choose something, however, it would be the class schedule. Certain classes which are necessary for graduation are only availble during one semester of the year. This makes it difficult to make a timely schedule for graduation. Most classes are set up this way so that a course of study can be chosen for the entire four years of attending school. It is only inconvenient on rare occassions when a student is transferring in.

Someone who is interested in learning a vast amount of things in life should attend Lourdes College. Making friends for life and learning together are what Lourdes stives for. Students who are open to new experiences and who enjoy involvement are encouraged to apply. Lourdes has many sources of help for those in need and also is open to student organizations. They feel that every student should have the opportunity to express what they believe in without being judged.

Rannae

As a non-traditional student I would have told myself to go back to school much sooner. I waited three years to go back. I thought this was the best choice. I would have waited longer to get married and start a family. Being a mother and a wife proved very difficult in that my time was so divided. I never felt that I was adequate at any given task because I was so divided as to where I should be or what deserved more of my attention. Waiting would have been a better option however that would mean not have the children I have.

I wish I would have known how to manage my study time more effectively. I began school as a transient, non-traditional student. I was already married and had two children. My study time was often left on the back burner so that I could devote time to my family.

I feel that Lourdes was a great school to attend as an undergraduate. The faculty is very receptive to their students and their needs. I feel the campus and faculty invite both traditional and nontraditional students. People focused on their education and applying themselves would have a successful learning experience at Lourdes.

Janine

Buckle down and learn to manage my time. I always heard that no one will be on my back in college telling me what to do. I attended Hunter College but I didn't finish/ I feel as if I quickly got lost in college, and struggling to divide my time into dedication for school and having a social life. If I knew now what I knew then I think I'd have stuck it out

Molly

Best known for being a small campus, and being accredited in every major that students graduate from.

The advice that I would give to myself back when I was a senior in High School and I have currently given to my cousin who is going to be graduating from High School is to make sure the college or University you are going to is accredited in the program you are studying for. Really research your area of study to make sure it's what you want to go into. Be ready to make the choices that you want, because in college it is up to you to do what you want to do. Also, never give up on your education, it may be discouraging at times but it is all worth it in the end when you receive your diploma and know you accomplished something important in your life.

The kind of person that should attend Lordes College is one who is ready to be open-minded and ready to work for their education.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.