Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Chelsea

Lourdes University is a small, quiet, beautiful, and safe campus.

Lourdes University is a small, quiet, beautiful, and safe campus.

The first thing I would tell myself is to not worry about relationships! I feel this is something not many people think about when it comes to transitioning into college but I feel it is a very good and important point to look at. For me, at least, having a relationship was important and sometimes would distract me from doing well in school and taking all the steps to pick a good future for myself. If I were to go back and do it all over I would actually stay single until I was done with college and had a career. With doing that, I may not end up getting married or having children as soon as my peers but I would have the time to travel, experience life, and most importantly become well eduacated and sucessful. With out a relationship there would be nothing to hold me back and distract me from whats most important at the age of 18 untill about 24. Although, many girls find it impotant to find a mate and settle down as quick as possible it really is not that important and you have your whole life to do that.

There is a wide variety of people who attend Lourdes University. Someone who sould not attend it would be someone who doesn't care about going to school and/or doesn't have very good plans for the future. Another type would be maybe someone who is from the inner city and grew up poor. I have heard people like that have attened here and were not impressed with the more "well off" students.

Katie

First and foremost, applying for scholarships is key. People are giving you a great gift by making an investment in your future and education. Take advantage of it! Second, money runs out so spend it wisely. I now pay for everything in cash because it is so easy to just swipe your debit card and not see the money disappear. It is also so important to balance your check book and know how much is in your account. The next time you think you want to go out to eat or really need three new shirts and a pair of shoes, you probably don't, learn to say no or at least limit yourself because it all adds up pretty fast. On another note, you have no reason to be afraid. Yes, you are leaving your friends, family, and only way of life you've ever known for the first time but it is worth it. The friends you meet, education you recieve, and responsibilty you learn can't be traded for the world. Going to college is the best decision you'll ever make!

Rosalyn

THis is a great school to attend and has great class sizes. It sits in a residencial neighborhood so the school is not a hugh school. It used to be a catholic school that converted to a University recently. It still has Nuns living on the campus since it was founded by Nuns. The campus has a eat in dining hall for breakfast, lunch and dinner catered by a chef so the meals are nutrutional. This school has a great nursing department that graduates many of the ohio nurses that are employed world wide. Lourdes is a great school.

If I knew what I new back when I was teenager in high school and trying to figure out my career path. I would have have choose a different route for myself beside the route I took. I would have went to college and pursued my career as a Register nurse and would not be trying to complete this degree at such an older age. I thought college was a wait of my time back then and would interfere with my hanging out with friends. I was wrong because if I could turn back the clock I would have went to school first and enjoyed that life of being a college student and further my career path. But now that I am older and wisers I can help other young kids make the right decision to continue their education and follow a path of success. Given them advice that I should have taken back when I was kid. I will not look backwards but I will continue my journey forward and hopefully in the next year I will have completed my life long journey to my career path that I put off so many years ago. Thank you

I can not find anything really wrong with the school it self. It happens to be a great school. It is up to the students to make the school a place they choose to achieve their life long goal or career path. Me personally I went to lourdes for a nursing degree because they have the best program around the city and nationally. So with that being said I have no real complaints about the school because it is up to the students to make the best of their education and to have a rewarding experience achieving their career path.

If I could go back and give advice to my high school self, I would tell myself not to be scared, that college will be one of the best experiences of your life. I would also tell myself to be ready for a lot of options to join clubs, make friends and have experiences that you will remember for the rest of your life. I would also say that even though I said not to be scared, to be prepared because college years will be very important for the rest of your life. I'll remind myself that family and friends will remain important through all of college and that they will be your biggest support system when you're having rough patches. Finally, I'd tell myself to relax and be ready for fun.

I wish I had known that there would be so many opportunities.

Any kind of person could attend this school.

If I were able to go back in time to give myself advice, I'm not sure where exactly I would start. In anyone's senior year of highschool, they are so devoured by the idea of graduating and moving on, that often times the little things are passed by without really thinking about. I think one of the biggest things I would tell myself is to just enjoy each day. They're so many fun and exciting things that happen senior year, I would love to be able to go back and live those one more time. I would also tell myself to love the people who have always been there for me, and to take advantage of the last times with them. The people around me outside of school too. I was an active member of my church's youth group, and I miss that group of people and Sunday nights more than anything. The transition to college classes is nothing like post secondary, and I would let myself be aware of that ahead of time. Being able to go back to my highschool senior self and say a few words of advice would be a great experience.

It is small and helpful so you do better on all your work and can get help when needed. The apartments are also very nice.

One that wants a lot of people around and big classes and to not be one on one with a teacher

AnnMarie

After having gone through a brutal few years at a community college after high school, while at the same time working at job roughly 40 hours per week, I have a lot I would say to my high school self. I can narrow it down to a simple phrase; it's never too late. I would tell my self about the pressures of attending and graduating college immediately after high school. While it is admittedly the best and easiest path in life, I would tell myself it is okay to wait. If you have no idea what you want to do, don't waste the money, earn experience instead and wait because you will probably end up going back again for something you truely love. That's exactly what is happening to me. I found a love and a passion in my job and horticulture after I had graduated with a business degree. I am going back at 23 years old and couldn't be happier to be pursuing something I absolutely love instead of settling for a job that just, "pays the bills." I would say no matter what happens, always follow your dreams and never give up.

James

The path you are on is not one that leads to success and happiness, it leads to a road of very poor choices that will cause years of wishing you could go back and have a second chance to redirect the life you will have. High school may not make sense nor will it be fun but the college experience will be well worth it and the rewards that come from the sacrifices you will make now are fantastic. Just take the time, suck it up and put in the effort the people around you know that you are capable of and prove to them but more importantly yourself that you can do this and be as great as you dream of being.

Kristin

My classmates are extremely kind, helpful, entergetic, determined, and are my second family.

Dear High School Kristin, You're almost done with high school (YAY!), and about to make an important decision in your life. I know you think that you are invincable and that nothing is going to go wrong, but things will at times. Financial issues will arise at times, but trust me, if you stick through it, it will be well worth it. I know right now you are saying that you will never work two jobs while in college, but guess what...you are going to be working 60-70 hours a week in a couple years just to pay the bills. With that said, you are going to cry many nights and think that you aren't going to be able to do it, but you will. You will meet life long friends that are going to be there for you whenever you need them. Your family (and future husband!) are going to be there for you too. Yes...I said future husband, you will meet him at the weirdest time, so don't be looking for him! With all this said, be yourself, keep your head up and remember to have some fun! Sincerely, The Future Kristin

The worst thing about my school is that it is growning to much too fast. When I first started, it was a little school that just started sports teams. We didn't have sports before then. Now four years later we have at least ten sports teams. With that said, there is a big emphasis on sports now, and not just the academics.

Brooke

Brooke- Relax. You do not need to decide what you want to do with your entire life right now just because you are going to college. Live in the moment and sign up for classes that you enjoy and that hold your interest. Money is not everything. Cherish those who are there for you during your most important decisions. Do not listen to what everyone has to say, just to those whose opinions are valuable. Just because a friend thinks something is a good idea does not mean that it is. Understand that friends come and go, and that not all friendships last forever. Be proud of your accomplishments; do not belittle them. As a leader, lead others in a positive direction. Join as many clubs as you can in order to meet a diverse group of individuals. Try your best to feel comfortable in your own skin, and even though you may be confused about who you are as a person, most people are. Do not forget where you grew up because every road leads to home. Value your health, family, and the simple pleasures in life, such as sleeping in a warm home; not everyone has such luck.

Everyone is very friendly. If you are having trouble with anything in particular, there are always people to help. I never feel like I do not belong and I think that Lourdes is a strong community of people. The professors are very understanding and are easy to contact. They will go out of their way to answers questions and help you with your courses. Tutoring is free, academic coaching is free, academic advising is one on one, we get scholarship opportunities emailed to us, the food is amazingly delicious, and I have made several friends.

There are not many places to study on cases. The only places are really the Academic Support Center and the Library, which are usually fairly busy. We need more places where we can study.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.