Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Aldenceise

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would demand myself to search for scholarships non stop or else I would have to drop out because of the lack of money that has been paid for all the balances. That would be the best thing I would tell myself.

Danielle

Lourdes is very tehnologically advanced and in tune with what their students need to succeed.

I would tell myself to live every day with a purpose. Never regret any decisions you have made because they make you who you are today but make sure that you learn and grow with every opportunity you are given. Every day counts. Even though it seems like it's "just" high school, every day and every decision counts. Live every day as if it is an opportunity to achieve your goals and become a successful adult. There is nothing that you can't achieve. Do it now. Don't put it off. Seize the day and every opportunity it holds. Friends come and go, boys don't matter, and you are the only key to your success!

Only someone who is willing to give their time and effort into their college degree. There is a lot of opportunities to be involved in positive clubs and organizations but not a lot of time for partying.

Viviana

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, one thing I would say to my self is, first of all don't slack off in pre-calculus because it will drive you crazy most definately. Second of all, I would just say that there will come a time in the next chapters of your life that you will feel overwhelmed by all the new things that will come your way and all the obstacles you will encounter, but you are a strong independent young woman and you will get passed them and over come them. Enjoy the freedom that comes with it. Join clubs and organizations. You will be amazed by how much fun they can truly be. A great friend might even evolve from that, who knows! You will meet awesome, new, diverse, chill human beings, that may look different than what they actually are at first. You'd be surprised at how much yall really have in common! So fly birdie, fly!

Jazzlyn

Be prepared! Jazz'lyn College Life is a huge transition, it is totally different from high school. You have to be open minded, willing to learn, and ready to work. Profeessors will not hold your hand. They are eager to teach you the knowledge and skills you need to know that will help you succeed in the world, but its only up to you to recieve it. Be optimistic in school. Know that every downfall is not always the end of the road. Never give up if you fail, get up and try it again and again. Have Faith in yourself and your ability to do well. Don't be afraid to ask questions and seek other rersources . You will find that , getting help from other experienced people can help you succeed. Dont always depend on your knowledge and your knowledge alone. Last but not least, Stay focused on your goal and purpose! Never quit! Keep going and fight through school, for education is one of the key components you need in this society. Never let anyone steer you from your goals.

Synda

My school Lourdes University is best known for its friendly community. They are known for the best quaility of teaching abilities. This school the teachers actually care about our education and they are willing to do anything to help you succeed! They are known for getting students the careers they need and worked so hard for.

If I could go back to high school I would tell myslef to study harder and focus much more. Senior year I would of buckeled down and got help when I needed help instead of letting my ego get in my way. If I would of got the help I needed and listened to my grandmaother I feel as if I would be doing much much better in school now. College life isnt about parties and having fun amd getting away from your family, your money is on the line so you have to wise about all your decisions. You have to be a grown up, get a job, support and provide for yourself. Dont go into college thinking everything will be handed to you like it was in high school, you have to take responsibility and remeber your when your assignements are due and make sure you get them in on time, some professors will not care if you turn them in or not, so you have to be an adult and do what you need to do to become successful in life and not waste your time and money.

One thing I wished I would have known was it being a catholic school. I did not know that it was catholic but i dont have a problem with the school being catholic, I like that it is a religious school it has its benefits. I wish I would have known that my social life wouldnt be what i expected. I wish we had more to ofer to keep us busy and entertained.

dorhine

If such an act was possible, surely i would go back to my senior year in high school and tell myself to keep up the good work and definitlly have taken more college courses. In order to excell in college focus is the key and in order to suceed at everything there needs to be lots of studying and taking nots because truely college is not an easy aspect of education life but it will be worth it in the long run. I am a student whose primaries are to gain success. With good intentions, and a strive for further achievement through prolonged education, I can be someone one day, be who I want to be, and make myself and those who’ve been counting on me, proud.

Brittney

Lourdes is a small university that is filled with great professors that want nothing more than to see their students succeed in their career, live the mission statement and values, and lives up to it's students expectations.

Lourdes University has small classes which allows students to work with professors one on one and offer free tutoring and drop in tutoring for each major.

Kalyn

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, knowing what I know now, I would advise myself to enjoy my time I have. Once you graduate, life is a new world, your friends change, your priiorities change, your hobbies can even change. The transition of being a high school student to a college student will be easier if you learn to let the little things go in life and look out for yourself. Make sure that you enjoy your summer before you start college in the fall because essentially it is the last summer of being a 'kid'. Being in college means you are mature and much more is expected of you. Learn to study the way that best fits you and have everything ready that first day you walk into your lecture or lab. Do not depend of others to help you cheat your way through assignments like in high school. Learn to manage your time and allow yourself free time so you do not become overwhelmed. Most importantly, realize you are lucky enough to attend college and this transition is one of the best times of your life totruly find yourself.

Ido not consider my school a bad place to be, if you are someone who likes big lecture halls and a very big campus with a football team and many widely known sport teams, I consider that to be my school's biggest down fall. But because we are known for being a smaller campus with small class sizes and closer interactions with our professors then a student should be aware of that before they apply to the University. All in all, I think my school is a great place to achieve an education.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who does not like big lecture halls. A person who is looking for more of a one on one experience with professors who really care about your future. A prospective student of this school should be a community oriented person who is willing to give back and offer service to their fellow peers. A person who is wanting an education that really focuses on their future career and given all of the possible available resources to help them reach that goal. This is the type of person for Lourdes!

My classmates are unique because they were made by a perfect creator; and they all have different personalities that lights up the classroom and that alone allows us to bond as if we met each other before-but we haven't.

The unique part about my school is the atmsophere is peaceful, friendly, and students are not a number. The greatest part about not being a number in the sysytem, but people know your name, including the "President" know your name boosts ones self esteem, confidence, and just makes their day. I am a witness of being noticed by my prsident because I was featured in the New York Times newspaper, Toldeo Blade newspaper, and my universitys' magazine as well in all excellence of my academics and love for photography.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would say to join several clubs and activities because it is a great way to meet new people, discover new interests, and a great way to network. Also, l would have told myself to educate myself outside of school; the significance of this is if individuals believe that if school is their only source of knowledge, they will be oblivious and will adapt a habit of not opening a book after graduation. Not to mention, in high school, I was not taught about budgeting, politics-how to vote besides the teachers giving me a paper to fill out on my own…marketable skills, useful skills, etc. In addition, I would tell myself to volunteer in different areas doing variety of tasks to gain experience as well as apply for many scholarships! Furthermore, I would've told myself to learn how to mange my time because in college it is very crucial to know how to balance your work, have time for clubs, study..etc. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy my senior year because you're only a senior once.

kathleen

My classmates are quiet, tenative, and sucessful.

My classmates are quiet, tenative, and sucessful.

If I were to go back and give myself the pep talk for college, I would talk about all the help that is out there. Never be afraid to ask a question even if you have to ask it more than once, or to more than one person. Everyone has a way of explaining things to make them understandable. Secondly, I would speak on getting involved. Going to Lourdes has given me many opportunites to create relationships with people from all around. Also with Lourdes having our "portal" we recieve emails and news letters about anything happening on campus and bus/shuttles for transportation. There shouldn't ever be a reason to miss out! One of the biggest things high schoolers should be taught is how to apply for scholarships and be aware of those that are scams. Everyone gets papers on scholarship websites but that didn't help me. Make sure you seek help, ask questions, there are many scams and to be sure of which ones to apply to ask your financial aid staff or ask the high school counselor. All in all the main advice would be to just have fun and do what will satisfy you.

Anyone is welcome at Lourdes University, especially if you love small class and campus sizes.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.