Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Kathryn

Small university with exemplary accredidations in Nursing, Social Work, and more, with small classrooms and a curriculum that includes the non-traditional "18-20 yr old" student, but students of all ages.

I would suggest that I take advantage of the opportunities in high school that were presented. Traveling out of the country for various classes gives a person a view of other cultures and lifestyles other than those in the United States. If I would have went on that trip to Russia, I feel that it would have been an asset to my education as I could bring to College another view of the world. I would advise that high school students should be more involved in activities like sports and clubs. The more involved you can be, the more experience you gain and contribute to your education. It will help you be more open to other opportunities, including education overseas. If you become involved, you become more comfortable speaking in front of class and taking leadership roles in college. All these experiences and participations will widen network of associations with others which in the future could open doors in the job market and also connections in the workforce. Finally, I would advise myself that when things get tough in college, there are many many other students going through the same thing and its okay.

I wish that I would have started college earlier in my life and would have had the advantage of more in depth education in my high school that would benefit me in College.

I would tell myself that its okay to not know what you want to do. I would also tell myslef that smaller school are better because you have more of a personal connection with fellow students and teachers. I would tell myslef to get more involved and dont be nervous to meet new people!

The classroom size is so small. This helps to make friends and become close to teachers.

Kaylee

My classmates are helpful and educated.

My classmates are helpful and educated.

If I could go back in time to tell the younger, less experienced version of myself about college, I would tell myself not to worry and not to let my pride get in the way of learning. I would tell myself not to worry because I know a lot of people, including myself, tend to stress out about the smaller things in life. I would tell myself not to let my pride get in the way of learning because I do need to set up weekly appointments for tutoring, which of course includes standing up for myself and putting myself out there more. One of the most important pieces of advice I would give myself, though, is to get involved more in high school and in college. Getting involved helps to build friendships and one of the most important things in the world is simply knowing people and having that ability to make friends quickly.

If I had anything bad to say about the college I am attending, I would, but I can't think of one bad thing about Lourdes University for the year that I have been here so far.

Scott

Scott if I could give you the best advice today it would be for you to attend college the first chance out of high school. Scott by going to college you will gain the knowledge you need to succeed at most anything you would choose to do for the ret of your life. College is a life altering change, you meet new people that you may have never met before you are pushed to the limit of learning before you enter your choice field. Scott there are so many programs so many grants to help pay for college that now is one of the best time a person can receive more than there has ever been available for funding. All you need to do is focus and be commited to learning.

I would tell myself to go to college for nursing even though you do not want to go through the hoops to get to where you want to be. In the long run, you will enjoy it and love the rest of your life. In high school, I did not want to work with the elderly to get to pediatrics, so I decided to go to college for something else. Now I will be graduating a year later, and I had to transfer to get into a nursing school.

kiera

The classmates that I have had throughout the whole 4 years that I have been at Lourdes has varied. In my first two semester their, the classmates that I had were around my age which made it just a tad bit comfortable to be in class with. What I mean by that statement is that I am a shy person and I rarely talk but those two semester were cool and went by quick. As for the rest of the semesters, I began having classes with those who were fresh out of high school and that was harder for me

The advice that I would give to me as a high school senior is a whole lot of stuff. First off I will tell myself that once I get to college is to not to be afraid to ask for help when needed. Also, be very knowledgable of the college that you plan on going to, so that you would know where to go whenever help was needed. Another thing that I would tell my high school senior self is to not to be afraid to talk to people. Even though I only talk a little bit more than I did in high school, it is still helpful to talk to people. You know create a social life while in school to possibly create lasting friendships. One last thing I would tell my high school senior is that to try to get involved in various things that could go on at the school. Most of all do not be afraid to express yourself but always make sure you get your work done.

The thing that I mainly tell friends or family about my school is that they give out free stuff. Especially during the first and the last week of the semester. During those two weeks, they give out various things each day of the week. Also, they are always willing to help when it is needed whether it is finacially or academically.

Tanya

Classmates are amazing and will help each other through anything.

Classmates are amazing and will help each other through anything.

I would tell myself not to put off going to college. I waited almost twenty years after high school to return to college so the transition was rough. I not only had to adjust to returning to school, I had to do so while raising a family of six kids. I put off going to college after high school because I started my family but I wish I would have done both.

The staff, instructors and students are all amazing and will do anything possible to help you achieve your goals.

Victor

I would tell my self to get ready for the commitment of playing a varsity sport in college, it was a struggle to get into the swing of things and juggle academics and sports. It will get easier and do not give up on your dreams.

We have the Sisters of Saint Francis living on campus and they are extremely involved in our school and with the student life.

We are expanding too fast and most of our facilities are lacking. I was told my freshman year that a athletic facility was to be built and done by the beinging of the 2013 fall semster. They just broke ground in october

Stephany

Lourdes University has a small campus with friendly and helpful staff available to assist students with their education.

If I had the opportunity to give myself advice in 1999, I would enccourage myself to take school more seriously and to take specific classes. I would tell myself the following: "Stephany, you've got the right idea about joining the military in order to pay for school, but sign up for classes right away. Your senior year, it's important for you to take as many college prep classes as possible. Don't go to the career center for dental assisting because you're not going to stick with it. Take more biology classes, english composition classes, and computer technology classes. When you take these classes read the book! Reading your textbooks will help you to understand the information so that you can receive the grades that you deserve. Don't just wait for the school year to be over and hope that you graduate. Prepare for your future! If you do all this, you will be able to be home with your children at night helping them with their school work instead of being in class."

There are so many services available to students that it can be overwhelming. The best way to find out all of the services available and the location of the services is to ask other students and staff. Another great resource for finding out the information is to use the email account provided from the university.

Chelsey

My classmates are involved, energetic, outgoing students.

My classmates are involved, energetic, outgoing students.

The thing that is so unique about my school compared to other schools is the faculty is so caring. They actually want to see you achieve something great and be apart of the school. I feel like we are one giant family at Lourdes.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self I would have a few things to say. One thing that I would definitely say is to study harder. I always thought "its my senior year, I will just slip on by and not study," but because of that some of my grades slipped from where I wanted them to be. Another thing is to make the most out of the friendships you have. I went through my senior year thinking that I will always have these friends by my side. Well, going into college I found out that wasnt true. No one stayed in touch after we all graduated. I shouldnt have taking the relationships for granted like I did. If only, I could talk to my senior self, things would be different.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.