Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

There are many things I have learned during my college experience thus far. The most important piece of advice I would give anyone going to college is to talk to your counselor about what classes to take. Make sure you are taking courses you need, and not just random classes. It took me four years to get an Associate of Science and an Associate of the Arts because my first two years I decided to take classes that weren’t applicable to my associate’s degree. I took a lot of Psychology classes (my major at the time) that are not unfortunately usable now that I have changed my major to Sociology. Other advice I would give is to be active in the community and on campus, and most importantly: HAVE FUN. Enjoy your college experience!

Arielle

If I could go back in time, I would take the scholarship search a lot more serious. In high school, I didn't really apply to many scholarships. My first year of college was okay financially. I didn't owe the school any money after my financial aid. This year, I wished I would have applied for scholarships because I owed my school so much money. If I could go back in time, I would take studying more serious. I would focus more on my studies instead of spending so much time with my friends.

I find my professors to be the best thing about my school. They help me and encourage me to succeed in my career.

Alexandrea

Students at Lourdes University are vry nice and fun people. Everyone is there to learn and do what they love. The students that attend Lourdes aren't always your "typical" college age. There are students who are 18-80. Having older students there actually helps because sometimes they have experience in the field you plan to go into.

It's a small campus and way more intimate than most schools. The teachers and staff really care about whether you're doing good in school. I feel like you have a greater chance of succeeding here than I would at a large campus.

I would tell myself not to worry so much. That going to a smaller college is actually going to help me. I'll feel more comfortable and I'll have the best GPA I've ever had. I would say that going into college not knowing what I want to do is okay because I'll know by second semester that I want to be a teacher.

Tamara

Most of the classmates keep to themselves; very quiet.

Most of the classmates keep to themselves; very quiet.

Although grades are extremely important in high school, being social is another factor to success. If I could go back in time and tell myself anything it would be to get involved in a sport. I have played sports in the past but I decided not to play in high school. I didn’t realize how much I would miss out on if I did not play a sport. Along with making friends, it gives you an advantage to other opportunities such as volunteering. Sports push you to do your best. Coaches push their team to be the best they can be and I wish I had someone doing that for me in high school. Teammates will push you do to your best too in order for the team as a whole to be successful. Attending Lourdes University, where sports are everything, makes me realize how much I missed out on. I am currently considering playing a sport for Lourdes University in order to be more social in my school and community. Being able to play a sport gives people confidence in themselves. When you finally succeed at something you’ve been working on, it gives you a good feeling.

Lourdes is not a very social school. It is boring and hard to make friends.

Corinne

You should go to a community college to save money and to decide on a major. Always rent books and never buy them full price. You should never procrastinate you're school work. Always ask questions because there are people paid there to help you. Aways try to make friends because it will help you get through the worst of classes. Always try to schedule all your classes in two days instead of four so you can save on gas. And don't worry, you've never failed and you will always make it through the semester because it will be over soon enough.

It is a great transfer school. It is a university but still small

It is so expensive. Even with financial aide I have to make payment plans that I can't afford.

elizabeth

there are no big classroom talks professors know your name classroom sizes are small everyone gets along

visit colleges that offer the classes you are interested in do not settle for any school and get upset if things do not work out.

they are a catholic school that values community and helping others strive to be the best

Destiny

My parents never went to college. So I was never taught the true importance and vaule that college has on your life. I had always wanted to go, but never got around to it. Thinking about going to college is one thing, but to get up and do it is a whole different story. Many obsticales such as time, money, support, are all key factors when taking this big step. I feel like if I would have been pushed more to go to college right out of high school I would had more of a chance to have college paid for through scholorships and grants. "Find a career you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life". College may be a struggle in terms of money and time, but after all is said and done, your a happier, better off person. After the struggle of climbing up the mountin, its really a breeze. Instead of seeing college as just something that takes all your money, I wish people would have told me all the wonderful things that college could bring to someones life.

Lourde Universtity reaches out to each and every student to ensure that they have a wonderful college expereience full of Fransiscan values.

I would tell myself to get more involved, make more friends, and reach out to everything that my school had to offer. The friends you have in high school aren't always going there with you. I would also tell myself to focus more on grades and find more free money. College is expensive and nobody wants to graduate with thousands of dollars in student loans. File the FASFA early so that there is more "free" money available.

Someone who doesn't enjoy being church oriented.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.