Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Lourdes is best known for their small class sizes, non-traditional students, their extremely helpful staff and faculty, the beautiful campus, and their friendly atmosphere

I have met a lot of different people. They have opened my eyes to a completely different world that I never knew existed. I also now value my education. I am proud of my school and glad to go to my classes everyday. I love to learn and meet new people.

A person who shouldn't attend Lourdes College is someone who doesn't like a lot of help and one on one attention. This person shouldn't attend Lourdes if they are looking for a school with large class sizes and traditional students.

Maria

I have really grown as a person while attending Lourdes College! When I become an educator I feel that the values and education I have learned here will help me to inspire and excite the youth!

Everyone should attend this school!

There is nothing frustrating about this school!

Shelley

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress the importance of education and what a privilage it is. I would tell myself that creating friendships with people serious about education is more important than relationships with people that want to spend their time in places that serve alcohol. I would tell myself to shoot for the stars and realize how valuable that I am to the world. I would tell myelf that my future and everyone that I come in contact with will be made better by my diligence. I would encourage good study habits which do not include staying up all night cramming for the exam. They do involved nightly reading and note taking and for me drawing out the thought. You need to figure out the ways that you absorb information the best and practice those techniques DAILY! I really needed someone to encourage me and I did not have that the first time I attended college and dropped out. So, if you dont have a good support system in your life I hope you find yourself reading this. College gives you self esteem , don't give up!

The thing that I consider most valuable about Lourdes College is the small classes with teachers that know you personally and care about you. There is even free tutoring for students that need it.

The only kind of person that may not fit in at Lourdes College would be one that is interested in playing college sports because the school is more academicly focused. Lourdes does not have team sports. There is alot of exersize classes and a work out facility but , no league sports. If you are interested in an academic based education then Lourdes is the place for anyone!!

ashley

You are about to make the biggest decision in your life. Before you make the transition from high school to college, you need to know that it takes a great deal of hard work. You have to really be focused and not let anything get in your way of achieving your greatest aspirations. although there might be parties and fun things you want to attend, you have to always put school first.

Monica

My advice I would give myself would be to go straight to college after high school. I advice myself that it would be easier going to college without a family and working full-time. I would advice myself to stay with my parents and go to school full-time and if I didn't have to work then take advantage of that. I would advice myself to focus on college work and enjoy that time to actually understand the material for those classes. I would tell myself wouldn't it be nice to not have to stress out about how I will get all the work done for each class than worry about work, bills and family life. I would tell myself that I could go full-time and finishes school quicker than trying to go part-time. Most important thing is that once I have my education and working in the field I want then I can think about my future in having a family.

The best ting about Lourdes college would be the education they offer.

The most frustrating thing about my school I would have to say for me is that they are always having events that I would like to attend and am not able to. The other frustrating thing is that I am on a diet and they have all this goodies they are giving away or donations may be given that are not on my diet.

Precious

If I could go back and offer advice to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself two piece of vital information: 1) Choose a college setting that best compliments my style of learning. If I require more one on one attention from the instruction and loves interacting in the classroom, a large university may not be the best place for me. If I'm into sports, social gatherings, and do not require that much classroom interaction, then a large university make work out. 2) Choose a college that is within a reasonable budget to avoid a huge amount of debt. Research scholarships and grants offered by each school and fill out the FAFSA form as early as possible. Make the choice to live like a college student now, or live like one later even if this means starting out at a cheaper, community college and transferring out.

The worst thing about Lourdes is that it is kind of a small school, but just right in other ways. I love the small classes because it allows for more interaction with not only the instructors, but fellow classmates as well. On the downside of being such as small school, many student organiziations are up and coming or do not even make it off the ground because there aren't enough students interested.

Very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly and helpful.

I would tell myself to study more and put my full effort into my work. I would take advanced classes to help prepare for the amount of work required. If I was more organized in high school that may have helped in the transition of college. I would make time to participate in more school activities and socialize more with people outside of my comfort zone. If I would have taken speech class in high school that may have prepared me for some of the presentations required in my classes. You can't go back in time, you can only learn from the past. I have learned how to take advantages of my strengths and focus on some of these areas where I lacked and now I'm working on a better balance in my life.

The layout, because it was an all girls school prior to the college. So, learning all of the correct buildings is tricky.

Thomas

A small but spirited school that strives to educate and build the futures of its students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would've told myself to work as hard as I could so my GPA was higher. This way I could have gotten more scholarships. Another thing I would have told myself is to learn all you can from your high school teachers so you will be fully prepared for college. Studying is essential to keeping a high GPA no matter where you go. Reading and completing all course work is very important if you want to stay in school. Most importantly though is time management. You must prioritize and keep a schedule to stay on track; otherwise you might get behind. If you follow these guidelines then it will be hard not to succeed.

When I was choosing a college to attend, there was one thing that stood out at Lourdes that nobody else had. That was small classes. I've never had more than thirty people in a class and this has benefited me very well. If your the kind of person who like the teacher to know you personally rather than just be a face in the crowd then Lourdes is a great fit. This allows teachers to work one-on-one with you, which can improve social skills for your professional future.

Andrew

Lourdes College is best know for its Franciscan values; reverence, service and learning. I have only been there for one semester, but I strongly believe that the staff does a great job of upholding those values. I can obtain a teaching certificate at several schools around my home. I chose Lourdes, because they care about the success of each individual in the classroom and outside of the classroom. They prepare the students to be professional in the workforce, and they emphasize the importance of being a professional in life. They don't stop helping when the student is finished.

Hey kid, it's me. Your future. Don't look at me that way. What? You didn't expect to put on a few pounds? I thought you knew everything? After all, you are 18 and you know everything. Anyway, you are probably excited about going off to college, but inside you are nervous about your future. Well, just relax. You don't need the answers to everything. The truth is that you are too young to be totally certain about your future. I want you to attend college with an open mind. Don't skip class, because your are only cheating yourself. When you see office hours on your syllabus, circle them and get to know your instructors. It is okay to have fun, but take your classes serious. You will learn important building blocks for whatever professional path you decide to take in life. You will have overwhelming amounts of work with no sympathy from the other teachers. Just keep a detailed planner and learn to organize your time. This will be the most rewarding time of your life, but it will take a lot of work, time, and dedication. Just remember to have fun and work hard.

Through my years, I have discovered that college is not for everyone. Although schools go out of their way to assist struggling students, some students lack the the drive and passion needed to succeed in higher education. Students should not attend if they think college is all about partying. Students should not attend if they think it will guarantee them a career in life. All students should know how to keep organized and complete work on time. Too many students lack organizational skills. Students should not go to college if they don't plan on attending class.

Sharon

The unique thing about my school is the size. It is a small college and the instructors know you by name. At my age which is 65 this is very important to me. I love the classes and the people. I feel very comfortable at Lourdes and love the quality of the school and the interest they show in their students. I love learing and hope to earn a masters later on down the road.

My advice would be to follow your dream. I did not do that. I always had a love for art but never did anything about it and I never had any guidance about it in my young life. I should of started college much sooner but I always let something else take away from my dream. I am now living that dream at the age of sixty-five. I am now able to draw and work with chalk. I really wish I would of done this a lot sooner. My grade point at this time is 3.91. I am very proud of this and so are my grandchildren. This is a dream come true. I hope I live long enough to get my degree. If things turn out well for me I hope to continue my education and hope to work on my masters. If I would of started college right after high school I really do not think my grades would of been as good as they are now. I have no interest in partying , just get a wonderful education. Being on a fixed income, a scholarship would really come in handy.

At my age I really don't brag. I am just happy to be attending college and I am enjoying every moment of it. If I did brag I would emphasize the quality of the instructors and the individual attention you get.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.