Sylvania, OH

Lourdes University

« See more reviews of Lourdes University

People of all ages seeking a values based education on a small campus, with small intimate classrooms/classes. Historically Lourdes (when it was still a college) appealed to people like me: older, first time or returning students, working adults, and many divorced (or otherwise single) parents. Within the past decade or so, there has been a concerted effort to draw traditional aged students (particularly when the school became a university) with the addition of team sports, near-campus apartment-style student housing, among other amenities attractive to younger students.

Lourdes College is a college for all people, of all ages, races, and religions. At 35 years old, I have felt at ease since my first day. Lourdes Collge is helpful to all students to ensure they attain their education. Due to free tutoring in all classes, any student can get the help they need. Another advantage Lourdes offers are free workshops in computers applications and other subjects that students need. Any person who may have a disability such a physical handicap or a person with learning disabilities such as A.D.D. can get help and assistance at Lourdes.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who does not like big lecture halls. A person who is looking for more of a one on one experience with professors who really care about your future. A prospective student of this school should be a community oriented person who is willing to give back and offer service to their fellow peers. A person who is wanting an education that really focuses on their future career and given all of the possible available resources to help them reach that goal. This is the type of person for Lourdes!

Anyone that is unemployed and has a high school diploma, or it's equivalent(GED). One that is serious about pursuing a life changing career. If an individual needs that one on one attention, or just does not want the larger class sizes this is the place to be. There are people from all walks of life that would love this school, the atmosphere and it's environment. I would not want to stereotype anyone; we welcome anybody that has a strong desire to succeed in this receeding economy that we are in today. All that hunger and thirst come.

Someone who is interested in learning a vast amount of things in life should attend Lourdes College. Making friends for life and learning together are what Lourdes stives for. Students who are open to new experiences and who enjoy involvement are encouraged to apply. Lourdes has many sources of help for those in need and also is open to student organizations. They feel that every student should have the opportunity to express what they believe in without being judged.

Lourdes College is a great place for a variety of students. It is a small campus with a close knit community. The classes are small and the teachers are friendly and want you to succeed. It would be great for a new college student who does not want a large campus. I feel it is also good for the nontraditional students because of the small class size. There are also many resources available for the nontraditional student to allow them to succeed.

I feel any person that is ready to further their education should attend Lourdes College. Lourdes College has small college classes and your teachers have more of a focus on you here. Lourdes is flexible with your schedule and they provide a variety of classes. They also alot of tutorial services to help out with school work when you feel you need it. i would recommend this school to anyone who doesn't want to have the bigger crowd atmosphere.

I Would say Lourdes University is perfect students who enjoy small classes, a comfortable family esque setting away from the party heavy universities making up the rest of the major Ohio schools. Lourdes has a diverse student body both racially and age. Unfortunately the future for Lourdes seems to be headed towards athletics which I believe will change the dynamics of the school over the next several years.

I feel that Lourdes was a great school to attend as an undergraduate. The faculty is very receptive to their students and their needs. I feel the campus and faculty invite both traditional and nontraditional students. People focused on their education and applying themselves would have a successful learning experience at Lourdes.

A person that likes small places, maybe someone that came from a small community or a small high school. A person that learns better in a smaller environment. Most people transfer from bigger colleges because they can not stand the 100 + lecture rooms. Here at Lourdes the most people I have ever been in a class with was 40.