Sylvania, OH

Lourdes University

« See more reviews of Lourdes University

I am in my 40's and as I watch some (not a lot) of the younger students they tend to frustrate me because they don't try. Within the classroom the professors are so willing to help students prosper. There are many resources for students to take advantage of at Lourdes College and the professors encourage each and every student to strive to do their best. When students are just plain lazy and take for granted the gift of higher education it is very frustrating to watch.

The most frustrating thing about my school to me is that they do not provide a good way for transfer students to become involved. I transfered to Lourdes this semester. I feel they should provide some type of group event for all transfer students so we can feel like we fit in some type of group at Lourdes. I do not feel comfortable going to a random event by myself. If there was something for transfer students it would give me a chance to meet others in my situation.

The most frustrating thing about my school I would have to say for me is that they are always having events that I would like to attend and am not able to. The other frustrating thing is that I am on a diet and they have all this goodies they are giving away or donations may be given that are not on my diet.

Transportation, trying to find a constant city bus to run to the campus is frustrating. The bus only runs at a certain time so I have to schedule my morning classes not to early or I will not be in class on time. So I'd have to say thats the most frustrating thing.

The most frustrating thing is that there are only a few sections of each class open during any given semester. Each class is normally only offered at two different times during each semester. Therefore, you must be very open and fexible when scheduling your classes

The most frustrating thing I can say about Lourdes University at this time is the fact that this coming year they are changing to block scheduling and so many classes are only offered at one time slot. As well most upper level classes are only offered at night.

I am just beginning my second Bachelor of Science degree at Lourdes University. My first class does not start until tomorrow. Up to this point, there have been no frustrating aspects of new/transfer student admission process.

There is a lot of homework. It's not necessarily a bad thing, because you are learning better. However, you reall have to devote time to your school work. This is not a school that you can just "skate by."

The only thing I struggle with is getting enough financial aid to cover my tuition. I attend full time, and I usually resort in taking out hihg-interest private loans to cover the remainder of my bill.

There are not many places to study on cases. The only places are really the Academic Support Center and the Library, which are usually fairly busy. We need more places where we can study.