Loyola Marymount University Top Questions

Alyssa

Type your answer here

Alyssa

Many people seem to think that LMU is full of rich, white frat guys and sorority girls. These stereotypes are not totally unfounded, but they are certainly not universally accurate either. Because of LMU's location and its high tuition, many students here are very wealthy, but many others (including me) rely on scholarships and financial aid to cover these costs. Furthermore, LMU's diversity has been steadily increasing over the past decades. I read recently that members of racial and ethnic minorities comprise 43.5{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body. And there are many student-run organizations (e.g. the Black Student Union) dedicated to promoting cultural awareness and expression on campus. Finally, LMU does have an active Greek system, but sororities and fraternities are definitely not the only pathway to a vibrant social life.

Jim

I would say yes to some degree however it took a year however I really appreciated my time there as I gained valuable experience with different cultures.

Shelby

Some what. Hot-everyone here is hot in the sense that I have maybe seen 3 obese people through out all of my classes- aka people are in shape, most people are well groomed, and...well yes, the people are hot. Rich- you will see a lot of nice cars in the parking lot, but don't let that fool you. Many people drive nice cars, but go to their home and it just does not match up. Plus over half of the school receives financial aid. Not Friendly- ok so at first kids are hard to get to know, but that is how it is when you are first experiencing anything! LMU makes you feel at home even when you first move here and don't have friends yet, there are many events that you can go to and things to do so that you can meet people that are in the same boat as you are.

Brett

Not the part about the Water Polo team. They have had a run of bad luck this year.