Loyola University Maryland Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Loyola University Maryland

Francis

I have had a lot of buyer's remorse on this one. Most of it was politics and, in hindsight, the teachers were wrong about a lot. One political favorite here went on to jail after graduating, that tells the whole story. It's a culture of corruption, substance abuse and -- well, non-Catholic activities (wonder why their church is dwindling away? This would be one of many reasons). Two of my grades were fixed blatantly. In Loyola's defense, the teachers were fired. But it looked very bad for the school because I would go on to excel in the areas they were teaching. For the record, after a number of requests to correct the grades the school never did anything about them. Since graduating, I have had to call on Loyola a few times. It seems they do not miss any opportunity to betray me. I never did anything to deserve that and am probably one of its most accomplished graduates. Yet, they have never been even remotely fair with me. I know others who feel the same way. I would advise to look at other schools.

So impressed when I visited. Everyone was so welcoming!

Nona

I love Loyola, it's not for everyone one and can be an acquired taste but I wouldn't leave it for a second I love my school

Loyola was my number-one college of choice, and I'm really glad that I ended up going here. I have a well-rounded life including interesting classes, great friends, and numerous service opportunities. However, Loyola is not a diverse campus; although there some efforts being made for the school to be more inclusive, the majority of students are from an upper-middle class upbringing. If you do not fit this demographic, it can sometimes feel uncomfortable fitting in. I would still recommend Loyola to anyone looking for a good education, and the chance to serve in the city of Baltimore.

Jillian

Though at first I was unsure if Loyola was the right fit for me, I have grown to truly love and appreciate my school, especially the academics. The Jesuit liberal-arts approach allows me to explore many areas, and small class sizes have contributed to the formation of many meaningful relationships with my professors and classmates.

Jack

I am a serious student who loves the academics at Loyola. My professors are accessible and passionate about the courses they teach. The dorms are impressive, clean, and offer plenty of living space. The proximity to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Washington DC and other local universities is excellent. I am very happy with my decision to attend.

Bekka

Loyola provides an excellent learning environment that allows students to stay motivated. The class sizes are typically small and appropriate and professors are there to help students and engage them. Campus life is quiet but there are many different clubs to join. Overall, it is a great school for focusing on academics.

Julia

It seems like a nice school. However, I feel it is overpriced for what is offers academically. It is not a bad institution, but it is comparable to many others that have lower tuition. I also feel that many students come from wealthy families, so it is difficult to fit in. Over all, I would call it average.

Gianna

I love Loyola. It's a really great school with a really beautiful campus and I enjoy myself there. If you're the type of person who, like me, doesn't want to be sitting in giant lecture halls with a professor talking to a sea of kids and doesn't know their name, Loyola would be perfect. It's on the smaller side, classes usually have about 30 kids, and it's very easy for professors to interact with the students and know them on a more personal level. All of my professors know my name without me having to go out of my way to introduce myself during office hours. We don't have greek life or a football team, so if either of those things are really important to you I wouldn't choose Loyola. But our students are very involved in a lot of other more meaningful groups on campus, and we get SO excited about lacrosse season. Overall, it's a great community with amazing professors and the students are usually very happy and friendly. Go Greyhounds!

Abigail

Loyola University is a wonderful place to go to school. There are always fun activities to partake in on the weekends. Their are lots of events on campus that include free food. They have a great variety of choices when it comes to meals. Every day is different, and there are also items available every day.

Arlet

Good variety of academics, teachers are always helpful and thorough to make sure you learn the material. Campus is very clean and aesthetically pleasing. This is, however, a full time student type of school as the classes are demanding and for the 60k its not worth being part time.

Alejandra

It was a great school for my undergraduate studies. I never had a problem approaching my teachers when I needed extra help. There is more diversity among teachers than their are students. For the most part, all professors had their masters of Ph.D in their chosen field.

christine

I love Loyola University, they provide a unique Jesuit education you can't find anywhere else. They truly provide a well rounded college experience and offer opportunities and activities for everyone. Their study abroad program is also phenomenal with a rate of 85% of students studying abroad for at least one semester!

Overall, Loyola University Maryland is a great school! I love the classes and I definitely love the clubs that they provide. I am proud to be a Loyola Greyhound and I hope some day, more people will attend here too! This school is my other home and I am grateful to be here.

Ramiro

I fell in love with Loyola since the moment I visited for the first time. It gives me a feeling of home and the community is very close and nice. Classes are great and people can be a little shy but when they get comfortable, very good discussions develop. The faculty is nice and attentive and well prepared. Overall I love my school!

Mary Anne

I enjoy attending Loyola University Maryland. Huge party scene but only at bars, which can get expensive. The housing options are great but the food is below average. However, the food has been improving over the past years. There's always fun events and activities on campus.

Mary Anne

rhiannon

I truly enjoyed visiting the school. I feel that Loyola has a lot to offer, especially as a Jesuit University. However, for me, I did not like the fact that the bathrooms are located outside of the dorms and it is not a self contained dorm, they do not have a football team, which is not really that important, but for some prospective football fans, I assume that would be a big draw and I did not like that fact that freshman students cannot drive. Other than that, Loyola is a very good school.

Zoe

With Loyola, its the little things that add up to make a good, satisfactory school experience. You seem to know people on campus even if you aren't social, so you don't feel like you drown, lost in the crowd. Anywhere you go, college is what you make of it, but with Loyola, the college experience is just a little bit easier with all the resources they offer you.

Leon

It’s not a bad school

Humberto

In my short experience with Loyola University Maryland, I have been astonish of a such welcoming community that Baltimore has. One of the greatest things about Loyola University Maryland is the its Jesuit tradition education has a positive impact in the life of campus and the institution itself. I am exited to be part of the Greyhound family in the fall and the class of 2023 as a Political Science major.

Amaris

Loyola University Maryland is a wonderful school with numerous opportunities for students to get involved on campus and within the Baltimore community. The faculty and staff are huge advocates for service, which pairs perfectly with one of Loyola's mottos--"Cura Personalis"--care for the whole person.

Meghan

Loyola is amazing! There are so many opportunities both on and off campus to get involved in the communities. Professors are always willing to meet whether it's during office hours or with a scheduled appointment. Each professor knows you personally and love to help you make connections for you in the future. Party life on campus is strict for first years but much better when you live in apartments (all sophomores and up live in apartments). People go out on weekend nights and there's always sports to watch on saturdays! It is always a fun time and super easy to make friends and feel welcomed on the beautiful campus.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!