New Orleans, LA
Loyola University New Orleans

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Loyola University New Orleans

Dianna

Loyola University is a private, small, and Catholic school.

Loyola University is a private, small, and Catholic school.

Look for more scholarship opportunities and think more realistically.

Loyola's students are very diverse, we have local students and students from all across America.

Mi

This school is best known for law, music and communications, and psychology.

This school is best known for law, music and communications, and psychology.

Look for more scholarships, like the Gates Millenium Scholarship, and don't slack off after school. Do more extra curriculars and volunteer activities. Get to know your teachers better and give them recommendation letter forms faaaaar ahead of time. Save up some money, it makes college more fun. And build up your credit so you get the best pick of loan interest rates. Most of all, have fun with your friends because when you go to college, you'll have to start all over again. You're going to miss them. All in all, cherish your friends, get out there and do some out of school activities, and get financially competent!

The recreational facilities (gym) is very small and some of the buildings are very oddly constructed.

Caitlin

Although you have built up many dreams and aspirations for your future, know that life cannot be planned out. I know that you want things to pan out a certain way, but - get over it! Life as a college student can be both wonderful and enriching, but because of that, your expectations have to be flexible. Your perspective will change several times, your ideals and values will be challenged again and again, and your life plans will end up taking roads you never saw coming. However, these "ruined" plans should not discourage you. Instead, they will shape you into the person you will become. Instead, these changes will help you grow from being the 17 year old child you are and into the strong, intellegent woman waiting to come out. Keep your passion, drive, and thrill for all aspects of your life and know that by allowing change to happen you will make it through anything college may throw your way (and that is something you cannot learn from just in the classroom).

Loyola has a very rich cultural atmosphere. The city of New Orleans brings together a highly diverse group of people and I have learned so much from them. I have friends, classmates, and professors from all over the country and several from outside the country. I am from Honolulu, Hawaii and as much as Louisiana is nothing like my home town, I am always comfortable at Loyola.

One of the most frustrating things about Loyola is the lack to Greek Life support. I am a Delta Gamma Fraternity member and there is little to no university support for our events, fundraisers, or socials. From a campus that is so diverse, I would like to see more equality and care for all the organizations.

Emile

My classmates are a group of cliques that are associated with the university that have no real defining features, except for a rare few.

If i had the chance to communicate with myself as a highschool senior, i would say many things. One of the first things i would say would be to go to a different school. The school that you are choosing is not the best place to be. Little about the school is beneficial to the students other than the access to bars. Not only are the people not of the highest caliber, it is an expensive school and is not worht the money.

The best thing about Loyola University New Orleans is that it is located in the city of New Orleans. Not much other than the location caused me to go there. Loyola is a school that is for you only if you can fit into a certain niche such as a fraternity, soroity, the fratboy/ soroity girl crowd, the hippie crowd, or the social liberal crowd. If you do not fit into this crowd, do not attend.

The best way to describe Loyola University is extremely helpful.

The best way to describe Loyola University is extremely helpful.

The advice that I would give my senior self is to not always look at the name of an unviersity, but rather, to look more into the cost of tuition and to do more research in to not only my chosen major but also into which college would offer the best education in that field.

The student that would best benefit form attending this school would be one that is not privileged, or that is appreciative for such privileges. This school provides many advanced ammenities, many of which are at little or no cost to the students. This is a huge ad vantage to students, which is not realistic in other aspects of life. Such comforts would benefit one that could appreciate them and not abuse them.

Nannette

When it comes to this, I would say apply for scholarships early, and weigh all of your options. Decide on a major /minor, and stick with it. Make sure it is something you can see yourself doing for a long while, and determine if you will work for someone else, or be self employed. Do what will make you the happiest, and what can help you be monetarially successful, so that you won't get behind on your bills, etc.

Caitlin

As a high school senior in a small California town, my impatience to move forward in life found me serving stir-fry bowls to my former classmates after graduating a semester early. I moved to the bay area to attend UC Berkeley a week before the graduation ceremony and never looked back. The five years between now and then have taken me to half of the fifty states, including Alaska; to Scotland and Berlin. Finally settled, I've resumed my studies with a sense of focus I could never muster before my travels. If I could go to California now and visit the seventeen year old working at Tiki Hut, just off the highway, I might be tempted to tell her to study art and psychology, and simplify the tornado of possible majors she is trying to understand. However, showing her a shortcut would rob her of the sincere commitment I feel now to these as my passions. Instead, I would smile at her, and tell her she'll make the right decisions so long as she has a sense of who she is and who she wants to be. I would tell her to trust herself.

A student at Loyola will become part of a small community, and should be interested in enjoying and contributing to it. New Orleans itself is a unique and amazing city; enjoying New Orleans itself is something that universities anywhere else in the country cannot offer. The lifestyle of the city has a distinct influence on those living here, and is itself the reason many come and stay.

A person interested in anonymity or an impersonal, strictly academic experience will feel dissatisfied and stifled. The Loyola community is well-rounded in the experience it provides, and gives great importance to personal attention and the satisfaction of the students.

They are very open-minded and engaging individuals.

They are very open-minded and engaging individuals.

Plan to live on campus. If not, spend as much time as you can on campus. This school is NOT for commuters. If you allow yourself to join in on the campus activities you will have the time of your life.

A liberal person who plans on living on campus.

Natalie

One of the most important things for a senior is to pick the college that is best for them as an individual. Look at what you want to achieve from your college education, your intended major and the colleges program for that major, the kinds of people you want to be surrounded by, the extra curricular programs and the location. Forget the pressures put on you as a senior in high school about where you should go and looking to your educational and emotional needs in a university. The financial aspect is a large determining factor. If you choose a university that is beyond your finances then your first semester will be spent stressing. Don't be self-conscious and be open to meeting new people. The first few weeks are spent meeting new people and forming new relationships and those relationships will be with you for the rest of your college career. Finding friends and forming relationships will help the transition to college and adult life go much more smoothly and enhance your overall experince in university. If you make your choices according to these things, then your first semester will be a wonderful introduction to university life.

The best thing about my university is the kind of people that go there. I know that seems like a common answer, but there is something to be said about the students and the faculty at Loyola. Whether they are actually Roman Catholic or not we all have a lot of the same drive and standards for ourselves and our studies. We care about our goals and where we want to go in life and we like to have fun while we do it. Within the first month we became a family, even the freshmen.

The first thing I brag about when I tell people about my university is the music program. We have an amazing music program. The teachers are very generous in their constructive criticism because they actually care about you. They are not afraid to tell you what you are doing incorrectly and quick to tell you how to improve and they are appreciated for it. After that comes the cafeteria, OR as we call it. It is so good and has so many options that the Tulane students from next door eat in there more often than in their own cafeteria.

Jeremy

Going back in time to talk to myself I would encourage myself to not waste time and to reach for your goals. Do not get distracted by the pressures of hanging out with friends or doing outlandish, crazy activities and reach for the stars. This may takie a bit of change in life and it may be very difficult, but looking back on what has happened throughout my life as a college student I would wish that I could go back in time to tell myself that I have so much potential and to not waste my time searching around for what I want to do with my life. Knowing what I do now makes me feel so much more confident. Not only in myself, but the choices that I make also. I would tell myself that I need to reach for the stars and don't waste time because it will cost you a large amount of money and time in the future. It may require change from my high school habits, but you know what, you can't change the world unless you change yourself. Life is full of misfortune but what matters is how you overcome them.

Loyola University New Orleans administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.