New Orleans, LA
Loyola University New Orleans

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Loyola University New Orleans

Mujera

Loyola University has a very warm community feel and the student accepts anybody for who they are.

The most importan thing to know in college is how to manage your time according to who you are. A lot of other people have different study habbits and you should not try to do what they do if you know it wont work for you.

A person with a closed mind would not feel comfortable at this school

Kaitlyn

Citizen jeans, northface, beanie, cute flats

Citizen jeans, northface, beanie, cute flats

Loyola University New Orleans is best known for being a small artsy college. They have a great business school, especially business music. They really focus on student-professor relations. Loyola has a unique learning approach and I like it very much.

I would tell myself to go to class every day and always, always take 15 hours. I would give myself this advice because I am now a senior and wish I was graduating on time. You dont realize it at the time but every class and credit hour counts.

Our school is best know for their business school, library, music school, law school, and graduate programs. Locally, Loyola is considered the "artsy" liberal school that is in quain uptown New Orleans. The diverse student body is also a defining feature.

ApYou made the right choice going to Loyola. You will change, yet remain the same while embracing new cultures and so many people that you would never imagine being friends with. Also, your musical abilities will be allowed to grow in this environment, which will lead to exciting possiblities.

A very conservative, close-minded person should not consider attending Loyola New Orleans. If you want the conventional college experience, this is not the place for you. However, if you want an eye-opening, embracing, liberal arts experience, please come here!

Anna

I could only have one thing to say to my two years younger self now: don?t get drunk every night. This is a clich? piece of advice, and would probably fall on deaf ears, but going to school in New Orleans has taught me many painful lessons about drinking. I was a drunk my first two years, and being a drunk in New Orleans is a feat. For two years I didn?t go one day without being plastered. Because of my excesses, I ruined my four year relationship, got poor grades and never made any friends beyond drinking buddies. Now that I?ve learned to drink responsibly I have no friends and no boyfriend to support me. I would remind myself that the things you do when you?re drunk (whether you remember them or not) can?t be taken back. Usually they?re the things that you feel ashamed and depressed about for weeks or months afterwards, and there?s no way of making people forget they happened. Consequences will arise and you will burn bridges. When and if you finally do look back there will be little left. Take care not to drink like I did.

That humid cold is colder than low temperatures (50 degrees with 80% humidity actually feels colder than 30)

Nothing really frustrated me about my school

Katerine

If I were to go back and talk with myself as a senior, I would tell myself to remain dedicated. I would tell myself not to let anything else distract me because I have to do well in college in order to succeed in life. Also, that I would have to be careful about who I am friends with or at least not follow some of my friends' examples. I would tell myself to make sure to always keep my head on straight because I want to make not only my parents but most importantly myself proud. Even though I learned the hard way my first year of college, I learned from the mistakes. I am somewhat thankful for those mistakes because they made me a better person who knows what she wants in life.

The best thing about Loyola is the diversity and understanding. Of course there is always going to be a few ignorant people, but one learns a lot about the other people that attend Loyola. One learns a lot about other cultures and other people's way of living, and by learning, stereotypes are broken.

Anyone should attend Loyola University. It is a small university compared to others, but it is a nice community. Service is very inportant at this university as well as academics. One has to work hard in order to do well.

Looking back to Senior year in high school I was very nervous about college when it came to where I was going to go, what was I going to go for, and most of all, being in a large environment that i knew no one and nothing about . Now, as a sophomore in college, and having experienced and adapted to college life I would first tell myself that college is not nearly the big scary place I had in mind. Maybe because I attend a fairly small college, but none the less it fairly welcoming. I would tell myself to stop worrying over how much harder the work is going to be and how in the hell am I going to write 10 page papers?! Because in actuality, although it is stressful, it is manageable. What to major in? Just take classes I like and go from there. Majors are not written in stone, you can change if you feel the need to. And lastly, " To Just be yourself, be social and friendly and things will fall in place. All good things come in time and you will make lasting friendships and experience amazing times all while following your goals."

I love the small classes and being able to get that one on one learning experience. It makes me feel very connected with the class and also makes it alot easier to participate in discussions and get help from my professors when i have a question or problem.

I dont really brag about much but being able to say i attend Loyola University makes me feel proud since it is such a high regarded school acidemically .

Whitney

The most unique thing about Loyola is the family atmosphere I feel here. I feel connected among diverse groups of people and my parents strongly like the way they are treated and spoken to either personally or by telephone. This is very consistent. THe pride that Loyola has is great. I like the way most of us are made to feel proud to be here by the president at athe orientations!

I would give myself the advice to prepare better in math. Instead of selecting all honors classes in every subject except Math, I would take the harder math now and place more emphasis on learning the harder math oppposed to being overly concerned about keeping my GPA at a 4.0 without the tougher math. My preparation would be different with the Math. I would also try and find out more about the university's history as it plays an important role in why the staffers feel the way they do about the students and their reputation. I would not trade my decision about attending Loyola, I just needed to study it more!

The most frustrating thing about my school first is my Academic Counselor, she seems to be less encouraging to me to do better or she never motivate me, even when I was a freshman. My Calculus 2 professor teaches information that we are most of the time clueless about. He doesn't deliver in a manner whereas, he wants us to really understand what he is presenting. I am trying really hard to attend study groups to get a better understanding of the skills. Lastly, another frustrating thing is the way personnel in the dept. of vehicle speak to you.

Olivia

Olivia: Break up with your boyfriend Make friends quickly Don't be shy Be honest and forthright with everyone Don't drink 2 cups of jungle juice in 20 minutes Be more involved in everything Call your parents more and dont just wait until they call you to talk to them Read your bible Study Spanish more Study Chemistry more Bring an umbrella - you live in a city known for having hurricanes

I should have tried to put myself out and made friends quicker. Now, I have made lots of friends, but for the first few weeks, I was shy and wasn't as outgoing as I should have been, making for a lonely first few weeks.

My school is diverse and there is every type of person here. It is a liberal arts school, so there is an active hippy-like community as well as homosexual and artist. However, my school is also in the bible belt, very much in the South, so that also is to be taken into consideration. Also, Loyola is catholic. The catholic aspect is not particularly prevalent, but most of the people here are.

Violet

It is very liberal as in there iis a good mixture of people. They're are jocks, hippies, preps, frat boys, sorority girls, musicians, and so much more. It's easy to find your niche and also mingle with people of different backgrounds.

I would tell myself to explore more colleges and actually visit them. Don't be afraid to venture outside of your comfort zone because you may find that where you truly belong is way out there.

An artsy, liberal person should attend this school.

Danyell

I would tell myself to work a little harder senior year when 'senioritis' started to kick in. I would also tell myself to get involved in a few more clubs and activities. I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships starting freshman year in order to know what was out there.

I wish I had known someone in the area to show me a job; jobs on campus don't really pay a lot of money and it's somewhat expensive in the city.

Labs that are between three to four hours long are only worth one credit hour.

Loyola University New Orleans administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.