Loyola University New Orleans

« See more reviews of Loyola University New Orleans

Follow your heart. When your doing something you love and know what the future may hold in making that decision, you will have no regrets. As long as you do the work thats involved in succeding in that field. As a music major i am often criticized for my decision on continuing my studies in the music field. But it is my passion and I am confident that I have what it takes to make it. Take advantage of the oppportunities that come your way and network.

Enjoy it enjoy it enjoy it! Make sure you stay on top of your school work because it will catch up with you, but enjoy it. Get as much financial assistance as you can especially if your family does not have much to contribute. You do not want to end up in mountains of debt. Really look at what major is going to get you a job or jump-start towards a career. Because in the end, this is preparation to work and survive in the real world.

If i had the chance to communicate with myself as a highschool senior, i would say many things. One of the first things i would say would be to go to a different school. The school that you are choosing is not the best place to be. Little about the school is beneficial to the students other than the access to bars. Not only are the people not of the highest caliber, it is an expensive school and is not worht the money.

When it comes to this, I would say apply for scholarships early, and weigh all of your options. Decide on a major /minor, and stick with it. Make sure it is something you can see yourself doing for a long while, and determine if you will work for someone else, or be self employed. Do what will make you the happiest, and what can help you be monetarially successful, so that you won't get behind on your bills, etc.

Don't be afraid to go far away! Too many people let their fears and misconceptions about college hold them back and keep them close to home - but the academic challenges and life adventures that face you when you really assert your independence and invaluable and really help create great life experience! Don't let stereotypes or misconceptions keep you from going where you feel, in your heart, you need to be.

Know yourself well enough to choose a school that makes you happy. Don't buy into what others say or feel about a place, and don't worry too much about a school's reputation. Ultimately, college anywhere is what you make of it. Know what you want out of college--whether it is friends for life, a good education, a better understanding of the world--and consider that the most when making your decision.

Olivia: Break up with your boyfriend Make friends quickly Don't be shy Be honest and forthright with everyone Don't drink 2 cups of jungle juice in 20 minutes Be more involved in everything Call your parents more and dont just wait until they call you to talk to them Read your bible Study Spanish more Study Chemistry more Bring an umbrella - you live in a city known for having hurricanes

Waste no more time worrying or even being afraid of the unknown, but welcome the changes that are taking place before you. Don't think, don't hesitate, just do it; cause regrets will be unmerciful. Go nourish and expand your mind, meet and make lifelong friends, be open and ready for all experiences, and see and seize your future once and for all.

Even though this doesn't come to the forefront of your mind when thinking about college experiences, make sure you pick a college that won't cost you too much out of pocket. Financial expenses can cause a huge amount of stress that ruins the whole experience. Other than money, make sure the campus is comfortable and the student body is relatable.

Go somewhere where you like the area. There are things to do that you're interested in. Don't choose a school you can party at because you can party at all schools. Don't go somewhere too big because you can get lost in all the students. Unless learning on your own or going to talk to the teacher in their office hours is your style.