Andalusia, AL
Lurleen B Wallace Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lurleen B Wallace Community College

Brianna

it was a great community college to get my basics completed at. I had my daughter young and had to go to a community college and work full time while being a single parent and my teachers always worked with my schedule and were concerned about my grades .

Mary

I have only taken one class at LBW in Luverne once during the summer. The class was small, but that's what I like, and the teacher was very involved. The teacher could always answer any questions we had, because the class was not too large for him to talk with. Overall, LBWCC is a really great school and I will be attending there next fall.

Allyssa

LBWCC is a great college. There are multiple opportunities to get involved with campus life, and there is a major community feel. The students are always open to help, and they are nice and friendly. The instructors are readily available to help, and if they are not available in person, they are available via email. It is a good transition between high school and a four year college.

Menna

Teachers are helpful at times. The campus's I attend is in Opp and it's very small not many people are seen out and about which is nice because it generally stays pretty quiet! The Andalusia campus is more populated I would say there are more events going on and more activities to participate in! Overall the school is a good school I enjoy that it is small and close to home.

Azaria

There are a lot of amazing opportunities on a small campus such as Lurleen B. Wallace. The building is kept clean while the students there are friendly and very open including the faculty. The teachers have great understanding in their craft(lessons) and will work with you if you work with them. This is a great experience for anyone planning to transfer from a two year college!

Lucas

I love Lurleen B Wallace Community College! The instructors know their students by name, with class sizes being kept relatively small as compared to those of a larger university. Tuition costs less than a traditional four-year institution, making it a more affordable choice for the college-bound. LBWCC is close enough for me to live at home, saving the expense of rent and utilities. However, should I choose to live on campus, the dorms are roomy and clean, offering a storm shelter in the event of tornadic weather. Additionally, LBWCC offers both academic and technological degrees and certificates for students with varied talents, skills, and interests.

Josh

Great school

Great school

Melissa

As a college student, I would tell my high school self to no stress so much about college. It really is a wonderful experience and I have made life long friends in the process. I have also learned so much in these past two years attending LBW. I am very proud of choosing LBW as my school of choice. I would also tell myself to participate in as many extra caricular activities as possible. I was not able to participate in as much as I would have liked.

I wish I had known how student oriented the school is. I expected the teachers to not care about the student's failures or accomplishments,

A person that likes small classrooms and one on one time with the teeachers. Also someone who enjoys interacting with other students would do well here.

Lea

I would tell myself not to worry about the bullies in my class. I would tell myself the name-calling, and the shoving in the hall will stop. I would explain how I would not see them after graduation, and that I will enjoy my new life at LBWCC. I would describe the new friends I now have, and the great teachers that make me want to learn. I would tell myself that I am capable of making straight A's because I am making them now. However, I would say that making good grades is not easy. I would then explain the long hours spent studying in the library, and how it is all worthwhile. Lastly, I would say to the younger me, "The only thing holding me back, is you."

Somebody who has little financial aid should attend LBWCC. They have a low tuition, and the bookstore buys your school books back. Also this college is an excellent choice if someone is just not ready for a university. They have made the transition into college life easy with their orientation course worth one semester hour. This school really wants their students to succeed.

Although there is not much to complain about, I would have to say parking is the most frustration thing at my college. However, the parking is not terrible. There is always somewhere to park, it just might not be ideal. There is nothing, in my opinion, that is an extreme hinderence at LBWCC.

victoria

i would say that going to a two year college was the best decisioni ever made. You save more money ,and it is not expensive. You have that one on one with your teachers also.

The best thing about my school is the location from my home. It is more easy for me to drive fifthteen minutes than a hour or todays.

Lurleen B Wallace Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.