Nanticoke, PA
Luzerne County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Luzerne County Community College

Kenneth

Well i would have told myself not to jump into anything. When i was in highschool my guidance counselor pressured me into applying to schools. I had no idea what i wanted to do. So I would tell myself to wait a year work and save up some money.

Well i wish i would have cared a little more in highschool.

This is a great school if you are looking to grab some credits and save some money.

Caprice

My school provides an excellent education at a tenth of the cost of all of the major schools, with a plethora of degrees offered, and all of your credits are almost guaranteed to transfer (even to top schools)!

First, I would congratulate myself for choosing a community college, since the prices are so reasonable (and I haven't consumed college debt yet) and all of my credits are transfering. I would then advise myself to take as many difficult courses in my first semester as possible, to get them out of the way. I didn't push myself hard enough in my first semester, and I know if I had, then I would be farther ahead with my credits then I am today. I would tell myself to start saving up more money for my future. The college transition for me hasn't been difficult yet, since I attend a commuter school and I still live at home (I transfer in Fall 2010). Finally, I would tell myself to relax on the first few days. Most people are understanding, and will help you if you need it when you are confused.

Since it's a state funded school that offers courses at less that $100 per credit, the budget can be tight, and doesn't always have the resources that larger, more expensive schools may have. The cafeteria is lacking in nutritional meals (and no meal plan), and the parking situation can be frustrating (since all of the students are commuters).

Luzerne County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.