Lynchburg, VA
Lynchburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lynchburg College

Logan

I like the college. There is a great balance of quiet time and activities. Most professors will go out of the way to serve you and all will surely get to know you.

Students are an eclectic mix of athletes, the geeks, the Greeks and more -- however even with these diverse groups we are all united as a school.

Katherine

My classmates are generally helpful, and easy to make friends with.

My classmates are generally helpful, and easy to make friends with.

Lynchburg College is best known for its tight-knit community-feel.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, there is a lot I would say. I would tell myself that college is a lot harder than high school, and things aren’t spoon-fed to you in any way, shape, or form. However, you do get to study what you want to study, which is probably the best part about college. I would give myself this advice: get involved in everything. It’s a good way to make friends and find out what your other interests are. Talk to people. Again, you make friends this way, and expand your potential network of colleagues. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Taking eighteen credit hours might sound like a good idea now, but it’s really not. Be open. Be caring. Be determined. Study hard and success will come, even if it isn’t in the form of an A+. Also, the library is a great resource, so use it!

Derrick

Lynchburg College is a beautiful campus with knowledgeable professors and a close-knit group of students who form lifelong friendships.

Lynchburg College is best known for having a small student population with small classroom settings that provide a unique and hands-on learning experience for the students.

I would tell myself to not be so wasteful going into college. Save some money to pay for books and tuition instead of relying on finding a job and using that money. I would also tell myself to really buckle down my last year of high school because it is important to stay focused and get good grades in all your classes, not just the ones you find interesting. My last piece of advice to my high school self would be to be sure to find something you love to do. I was a history major for a couple of semesters and switched to sports management pretty late. If you are majoring in something and realize you don't like it, don't be afraid to change.

Really explore all your options college will always be there and it isn't your only choice. Sometimes you need to do some soul searching first and find yourself bedore you make life decisoins. Also, you are going to do stupid things that is inevitable, so just learn to accept it and move on. Do not be afraid to put yourself out there and look like an idiot, life is ther to be lived so don't let it pass you by.

People who are looking for a small homey feel. There is a mixture or all differnt types of people you just have to look. It is a good place for people who feel a little lost and need some direction in there life.

The school can feel really small at times. Also, sometimes technologically the school seems to be slacking.

Alexis

I would tell myself to focus more on my education rather than my social life. Just because I don't feel like getting out of bed doesn't mean I shouldnt, I need to force myself into the habit of going to all my classes every single day. I would also have told myself to get into the habit of applying myself more to my education rather than just "breezing by" like I often tried to. I know I am smarter than I acted and I could be further in my education if I would have known this bit of information rather than learning it later in my education.

Kirsten

Lynchburg College is small school that is a great way to jump start your future academically, socially, and environmentally.

The advice I would give myself is to have more confidence and to not be afraid of trying something new. Freshman year is hard for everyone but it is important to get involved with community activites around campus and the people you live with. Having a support group is the best way to get through the transition of the first year of college. Plus, the friends you make your first year are the friends you graduate with.

I feel the worst thing about my school is the lack of updates made in certain buildings around campus

Janice

I personally love LC because everyone is so nice! One problem I did have in the beginning was finding stuff to do on the weekend, but once you find a group of friends it is easy to find something to do. The class sizes are small enough where the teachers know your name, and large enough where the class can have different discussions with a variety of opinions. It really helps to get involved on campus and there is always something to get involved in.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports are very important at LC. You don't even have to play them to get involved. Everyone attends the games and sometimes they even give out t-shirts. The sports teams here are also very successful and hardworking. It is fun to be on a team, and to watch other teams win.

Tell us about your professors.

It is nice that all the professors know your name and can have an actual discussion with you. It makes you feel like you matter, and not like your are just one out of the 25 students. The only downside is they get on your back about assignments and grades, which has its pluses and minuses.

I don't consider the academics at LC very challenging, but it is different. There are deadlines, and the readings and essays are longer. However the information learned is different than high school, because it can be related to the real world.

Lynchburg has rolling admission, which means you can apply early or late and get an answer quickly. The ease of the admission process, and application process, makes it a good candidate for a safety school, but not everyone that goes here had Lynchburg as a safety school. Lynchburg has a really good nursing program, and several other really good schools. Plus it has the Westover Honors program which draws in students with good grades and want a challenge academically.

carolina

Starting answering! Lynchurg College offers many major and minors ... you name it Lynchburg College has it for you! . LC business programs are fantastic; students learn through practice during class and through real business world situations. LC Professor engage you in practice so you can benefit from a great experience in class.

Lynchburg College is a small community, the campus is really pretty and even more in the fall, during this season, the campus' trees are beautiful, even the classrooms look great. LC is a small campus where everything is very near, it takes you about 7 min. to walk to your classes. the cafe, the library, the auditorium, and the labs are very close to the dorms, so you don't need to wake up really early to get on time. our dinning hall is really big, we have flat screens to entertain students and plus we have many food choises. If you visit LC you will love it. LC is a wonderful community of students and professors.

What are your classes like?

Classes at Lynchburg College are very dynamic, students interact with their professors, the professors are very friendly, they explain to the students and let them lead discussions which make students be open to debates in class. I really like my classes at Lc because the environment on them is great!

Starting answering! at LC we have greek life, international student organizations, clubs, intramural sports, choir groups many more activities that will cautivate you just take at look at Lynchburg College webpage !

Starting answering! Students at LC are great, I am a freshman and I take some classes with juniors and senior, well these guys are wonderful they help you in your assignments if you have any question they are willing to help you because they have been through the same situation. In Lynchburg College we are a community that help one onother we are wonderful.

Starting answering! every major and minor that Lynchurg College offers requires you to put your best effort but that doesn't mean that you can't have some fun while doing it! LC students and Professors work together in a fun environment, Professors are very comprehensive and they care about you.

guys at Lynchburg College are awesome we rock !!! we all are a community LC is awesome...

Anne

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would give myself advice to take more college credit courses in high school so that I would be able to have more accomplished before entering college. The nursing program in particular is a rather long program and the prerequisites took me longer than two years to complete and many of those courses are offered as high school AP courses. I would also tell myself to seek the advice of counselors regarding college career planning instead of trying to plan it all myself. Now that I am in the later part of my degree program I am finding that there are courses I could have completed earlier and I will now have to add them to a heavy courseload in order to graduate on time.

Katelyn

Study, study, study. There is time for fun, but college demands a heavier work load and more devotion to academics. Fun comes after these are done, but remember to stay balanced. All work and no play makes for a drained and unhappy college student.

The location of major shopping centers, a little far from campus, but there are plenty of buses and other transports to these locations.

The amount of written materials in the library, could be a little better.

Lynchburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.