Lynchburg, VA
Lynchburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lynchburg College

Kaitlyn

Starting out at Lynchburg College i was a little insecure. After about three weeks I felt right at home. The small gorgeous campus has certainly been a great home away from home. Unlike most schools i have toured everyone is so nice at Lynchburg. I love the small class sizes Lynchburg has, I find it much easier for me to succeed in a smaller class. I have finally been able to move away from home, and not miss it all the time. I cannot picture myself at any other school.

The worst thing about this scool is that there is not much diversity. The majority of the student body is white/ caucasian. It would be nice to have more foreign exchange students, although that is beyond Lynchburg College's control.

TIffany

I have learned the value of a dollar, the hard work and dedication that it takes to succeed in your program of choice as well as in the job market, and i have learned to balance my extracurriculars with my academics. I wouldn't have changed my decision for the world because at a smaller school i am able to play my sport as well as be a part of kappa delta sorority.

Someone who isnt willing to become involved because its very hard to fit in without involvements .

David

It's tight nit, friendly and passionate about sports.

It's tight nit, friendly and passionate about sports.

Not to sound like I am exhagerating, but I have learned how the world works and operates. I've come to understand the fundamentals of how our society, economy, and technology are sustained, cultivated and created.

I have learned from my college experience that you can be yourself and start fresh. Since I started attending Lynchburg College I have been able to show my true colors and be accepted by my peers and have found support in finding the balance between school and lesiure.

The worst thing about Lynchburg College is that when you sell your books back to the bookstore at the end of the semester they only give you about ten percent of what you paid for it.

The nost frustrating thing about lynchburg college is if you are a full time commuter student with a job it is hard to make friends and attend school events.

Terri

I have returned to Daytona State College, and have obtained my HIgh School Diploma. It is my believe that higher education is needed, especially in today's economic downfall. For me, a higher education would allow me to return to school, achieve my degree, and would further benefit our community, by providing a postive, professional, and goal oriented role model, whom supports higher educational goals.

DaYarna

My classmates are engaged to learn new things everday.

My classmates are engaged to learn new things everday.

I have gotten the experience of living on my own. It has been valuable to me because I have the ability to learn my responsibilities as a college student while getting my education.

I feel like anybody can attend this school, if they put their mind into it.

Currently I attend a private college. When I found out I had been accepted, I moved by myself to Auburn Hills to become a dental hygienist. As I sit in class, I am in awe of how far I have come today. I never thought I would move away and to think that I have been away for nine months. I have a 3.58 GPA, and have worked so hard to be here. The only way I have maintained my grades, was by attending every lecture, and they're not as boring as I thought they would be. I have never missed a day of class and I have wrote everything my professors say aloud to the class. This has had me study for things that I haven't needed so far, but one day in the future if the question every arises, I can say the answer, becasue my professors have taught that to me. I'm so thankful that my family has supported my decision to move. I have many study partners and college has taught me, the more time you put into your school work the better the outcome, (my grades). I will stay focused.

Matthew

To say I am a non-traditional student is an understatement at best. Growing up, my father and I did not have the greatest of relationships. In fact, upon graduating from high school, and shortly thereafter turning 18 years old, I left home. My father was an educated man with multiple degrees, but there was no chance of gaining assistance for my educational efforts - as so many of my childhood friends were afforded. My path in adult life started as survival. The military gave me stability, and I took occasional classes when I could afford to. Events of the day included military service overseas, a new wife, and children a couple years later. When my service time ended, I fortunately had determination and an outgoing personality, because it helped me attain jobs which I probably had no right to acquire competing against degreed individuals. Relying on creativity and artistic abilities, I succeeded in each position - always desiring to earn my degree someday, however. Furthering my education is something I treasure, and want to pass on to my children as they are now pondering college. I would like for them to understand what it means stay determined and succeed in life.

Garrett

I've always wanted to become a master chef! And I feel like it's now or never. My love my for the culinary arts will take me so far, I need the formal training to really advance my chances in becoming the chef I know i can become.

My classmates are very self driven people who understand the value of self discipline yet manage to always balance out their lives between varisty and club sports, academics (many in the nursing career path), play, community involvement (volunteering), clubs and whatever else they like to do with their time.

Being a navy brat and having moved many times I thought that being far away from my family would be a snitch. I was suprised to find that it was a challenge I really had to work for. I ended up dropping the sport I loved and played since sixth grade with the knowledge that I had to focus on my grades. I have gained a ton from attending Lynchburg College and will miss the school and people deeply when I transfer next year to Iowa State University for academic interests in which Lynchburg doesn't offer. I have had the fortune of being exposed to different worlds with the people I have met from Columbia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and fellow New Englanders. The personality mix and interests have opened my eyes and mind to new experiences I never before thought of or would be a part of my life. I will admit that I was ignorant in many things that I thought I was prepared to. Once I got here and away from what I knew and was familiar with I realized how little I really know and how much there is to learn as I enter the world.

A person that should attend Lynchburg College is someone who thrives in small communities where you can get to know most people on campus and have a close relationship with your teachers. It is also a great college for those who are activly involved in their communities. Lynchburg is a very outdoorsy campus in that many of the students enjoy stuff along the lines of hiking, camping and organic products. Everyone is extremly friendly and are always ready to help if help is needed, even if they do not know the individual.

Lynchburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.