Lynchburg, VA
Lynchburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lynchburg College

Lysha

Lynchburg is a small school but it allows for professors and students to really get to know each other as well as students getting to know each other. Having it be small allows for academic success because the professors know who you are as a person and care about your success in his or her class. Even in general education classes, the class size is no more than 30 students compared to 100+ students at large schoos or universities. We are a stong community and come together even when someone we may not know is struggling. That's a community!

I would say be open minded to what is ahead and to not be afraid to get involved and to try new things. The school functions are not as lame as you might think and they're a great way to meet different people that are not in your major or an athlete. I would say to not stress about the little things because life always has its way of working things out and to remember to stay in touch with your friends from home because they are your friends for life. I would say be loyal to those who have been loyal to you and for those who have not been loyal, stay loyal because that makes you a good person and people will see that you are a good person and you will do well in your years at Lynchburg College.

I think the worst thing about my school is that it is so far away from where my family lives. I live about 9 hours away from home so it makes me home sick every once in a while knowing that I cannot go home any weekend I want. When I'm upset about something or just want a home cooked meal I have to wait for a holiday or a school break. However, this has made me closer to my parents and I call them multiple times a week.

Marley

Lynchburg College is a n extremely small, but personalble liberal arts school.

Lynchburg College is a n extremely small, but personalble liberal arts school.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself some advice that would make my transition to college easier. I have always been somewhat shy, but easily made friends in certain situations. Once at college i buried myself in my work as well as practicing for the varsity sport I was trying out for in the spring. By the time second semester rolled around I realized that I was not having fun at all and had no friends. While I am extremely proud of the grades that I have received, if I could go back in time I would tell myself to not be afraid to meet new people and try new things. It is good and in the end beneficial to step out of your comfort zone because everyone is in the same situation as freshmen.

Carley

The advice that I would give myself as a college student looking upon my high school self would be to leave any bad relationships behind. Before coming to school, I was in a serious relationship that definately took a toll not only on my college experience, but also my family life as well. Looking back, I would tell myself that focusing on what really matters, such as my career and new friendships, is more important than any relationship. The fact of the matter is that in the end, he is not the one that is going to get you your big break or make friends for you. If I went to Lynchburg without a relationship, I feel like I would be more open minded to join a sorority or other activities on campus. Now, I'm playing catch up on those few months I wasted pining away in my room talking on the phone trying to ease my boyfriend's troubled mind. As any teen may know, breaking up is never easy. But if I could go back in time, I would have talked myself out of any relationship if I knew how enjoyable life at Lynchburg College would be.

I wish I would have known more about the athletic program. I have played soccer for ten years and it has always been an outlet for me to let out anger or just bond with my team mates. While attending Lynchburg College I decided to take a break from soccer and focus on my academics due to the fact that my major needed emense studying. I soon realized that just watching the games made me miss the experience of being apart of a team. This revelation defiantely made me wish that I had looked into the athletic program more intensively.

The type of person to attend Lynchburg College should be an open minded, fun loving person that loves a small, quaint school that has so many on campus activities such as greek life, athletics, intramurals, clubs, leadership programs, study abroad and many more.

Jeannine

Lynchburg College is a dedicated institution to its students, faculty, community and alumni and is passionate about the success for all.

Academics should be your prime focus although it should not be the only thing you are worried about and make time for. Having a social life is very important because that is one way to meet people and develop great friendships. Start getting involved on campus right away because that will make the transition easier since you will be with a group of people you have common interests with. In high school, senior year is suppose to be fun and sometimes a lot easier than the other years. Do not lose focus and not do your work because if that happens, school work in college will be a lot more difficult since you have to put much time into it. The work may seem hard but it is managable. Going out on the weekends are fun but make sure you know your limits and be careful. Make sure your priorities are straight because it is very easy to get distracted from schoolwork and do other things instead. This could greatly effect your GPA. Just have fun but know when you need to be serious. It is an amazing experience that is unforgetable and life changing. Get to know your professors!

I feel the best thing about my school is the multiple opportunities the school offers. The opportunities vary from jobs available, academic resources/help, volunteering, and so much more. The college is very involved with the students and helping them to achieve all they wish and want. The school goes above and beyond to assist students and try to make as much possible as it can. After graduation, there is a whole world out there and Lynchburg College wants its students to succeed so it is very involved in creating a bright future for all.

I chose to attend Lynchburg College because of its size. I found that I learn better in an environment that didn't have alot of other students in the classroom, and Lynchburg College provided that for me. The size of the classrooms is what appealed to me and that is one of the unique factors of Lynchburg College.

If I could go back and be a high school senior again with the information I have now I would first of all tell myself, to study because that is a major factor of being a college student. I would also tell myself to apply for as many grants and scholarships possible to help with the cost of tuition. Overall, the advice I would give myself would be to work as hard I a could and that would help with what was to come in college.

The most frustrating thing about my college is the amount of money we have to pay to attend. For the last year and a half, it has been very difficult for my parents to pay for my education, and its been hard to accumulate more financial aid as well.

Lynn

The best advice I could give myself would be to take advantage of everything infront of you. When I graduated from highschool I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life , but I knew that my parents wanted me to go to college. So I went to UNC Wilmington. The campus was beautiful and there were so many new people to get to know, but I kept thinking to myself I didn't really need a college education to get a decent paying job. These thoughts lead me to failing out my first semester. I never went to classes, stayed up all night and slept all day. I didn't try to meet or get to know anyone on campus. Ten years and two children later, I realize that I missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. I missed out on the possibility of a career and more importantly, I missed out on getting to know who I was on my own. It is extremely important to have self discovery. Give 100% and you will be amazed at what you get back. I am seeing the reward now and I wish I hadn't waited.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of respect some students show the professors. I feel this way because most of these students have just graduated from high school and they seem like they are just going through the motions to get through the day rather than taking advantage of the knowledge they could be learning.

It is like its own community where people work together and rely on one another.

Just because you are on your own does not mean that you have to go crazy. Concentrate on your school work and make sure you get it all done before you go out and socialize becuase two years down the road you do not want to look back and be dissappointed in yourself for the grades that you recieved. Also become active on campus it is a great way to meet people and help your transtiion move for smoothly.

That the quality of food and choices available are not that wonderful.

Jasmine

The best advice I would give my former self is get all you can. Take advantage of the dual enrollment that your school provides, begin applying and looking for colleges as soon as possible and also fill out as many scholarships as possible. Get all you can while you can.

I really enjoy the hands on experiences that the school provides. Those experiences would include time in the lab, study sessions, and all the science gang letures and the list goes on. There is always something for everyone on campus.

Paying for school out of pocket is the one thing that I do not like about my school. I really believe that would go for any school.

Thomas

Some of them will not care, but most of your classmates are trying to do well. There are a lot of people who seem a little too into partying and not so much the school, but will still do what they can to get good grades.

Never settle for something that you haven't been to/. Go to every campus and see how it feels. Never let moeny get in the way of an education. Work your butt of to pay for what you can, and take out loans if you need to. But never allow money to be a restriction on your future.

There is a very strong community aspect to the campus, and the teachers are almost allways willing to work with you on anything that you need help with.

Key

It most definitly has to be the students decision to decide the right college for him/her. The student knows deep down in their hearts what types of environments are right for them (small cities/ large towns). It's also a good idea for the parent to help make the decision because most of the time they are the one's who are paying but it's the students who have to actually attend the big/small classrooms and live on the campus. The student should also enjoy every minute of their college experience. They will engage with people from various ethnicities/backgrounds and learn new things everyday that will become a part of them for a lifetime. It's a great opportunity for a successful future and life.

A person who is looking for a big campus and extremly large classrooms should not attend this college. It is a moderate sized friendly campus with small classroom sizes for interaction between professors and students.

Lynchburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.