Lynchburg, VA
Lynchburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lynchburg College

Lynchburg College really cares about the students.

Lynchburg College really cares about the students.

Do not just look for a college that is close to home, pick something that when you get there you know for a fact it is the right place for you!

A person should attend this school who does not want to be a number.

I've completed my freshman year and most students at LC are very serious about their education and work hard to accomplish their goals.

Get as much information about prospective schools that meet your career goals then visit the campus and see how the students and faculty interact. Talk to staff members and counselors and review the curriculum. The best school is the one that will not just get you the degree you need, but it's also the one that will allow you to grow socially and become a responsible, successful young adult.

The best thing about LC is the small classrooms and the closeness of the campus (both students and faculty). The faculty knows the students by name and often follow their progress through school. In addition, There are plenty of resources available to students who need extra help outside of class.

Amber

My school is brimming with opportunity, helpful, genuine people and diverse leaders who feel motivated and inspired to become global citizens with more than just book knowledge.

On finding the right college I would suggest trying to visit every scool possible that the student shows considerate interest in and explore the surrounding area. I would also recommend a hosted sleepover and class day for the student's top choices. Most important: do not to be frightened off by price tags. There are a lot of scholarships out there, and setting aside at least a few hours a week for scholarships could prove to be very helpful. Also, many schools give away huge chunks of financial aid (not to mention state and national aid). On making the most of college I would advise students to try the different activities or clubs that he or she is interested in and explore the opportunities that his or her school has to offer, because it helps with meeting people, and becoming more responsible and motivated when you have non-academic goals. Take advantage of the tutoring facilities and communicate with professors if there is a problem. It will be hard, frustrating, and defeating at times, but take them as lessons and never give up on yourself because just about every other student has felt that way at some point in time.

Unmotivated, close-minded, immature people who are only concerned with partying should not attend my school. Also, people who are not interested in diversity and volunteering should not attend my school. Lastly, people who are looking for a large campus atmosphere with football as a major focus schould not attend my school.

Chris

Its simple really and does not need an essay to be explained. Be yourself, get involved, and stay on top of your school work. My professors always say "short and sweet, why drag out an answer when it can be answered in a few sentences." Follow those three points and you will be just fine.

I would talk to students who went to that school for insight. I would encourage your child to work as hard as possible so they can go to a great college. My biggerest regret is going to college in a rural area, I would encourage parents to not let their child compermise.

Anyone who doesnt have money or didn't go to boarding school. Ethnic students.

closed minds, lack of fun things to do on campus, almost zero tolerence for drinking.

Shannon

I was an emotional reck when I graduated high school. There was now ay that I would be able to handle myself at college all by myself. My mother passed away unexpectadly my senior year of high school and after that, nothing mattered to me anymore. I needed a life changing experience, one that would change me for the better. When I came to Lynchburg College, I had that life changing experience. That is what Lynchburg is known for; the college that changes lives.

We all associate certain feelings and emotions with words. When I say the word fuzzy, what comes to mind? When I say the word bark, what comes to mind? When I say community college what comes to mind? What about Harvard? In my home town, most of us are pretty well off. We have houses, we have food on the table every night, and when we grow out of clothes our parents can find the money to purchase us new items. There is also a fixation with name brand items; this includes colleges. I never thought that I would do well at a big school, I am very easily distracted and need help concentrating. Whenever I would mention this to my friends I would be made fun of or called stupid for wanting to try a smaller, less known school. Lynchburg College is the best thing that has ever happened to me. If I had not gone there, I would have been a number with a mediocre G.P.A.. The best advice I can give is: do not pick a school because of the name, pick a school because of your needs.

When I came home from my first semester of college last year as a freshmen, I was so impressed with Lynchburg College's committment to making sure that every student succeeds. Since the school is so small, individual attention is not a privalege, it is a right. Every one of us has help we can turn to if we need it. At a larger school, they are on their own. They do not have good relationships with their academic advisors, and are often lost in what they should do with their college lives.

Melinda

Nursing classmates are very helpful, they always try to understand and help you do your best. We all want each other to succeed and to do so we work together to reach success.

Make sure you visit the campus on weekends as well as during the week. Students may appear to be studious and hardworking, but when the weekends hit everything changes. Also, make sure your roommate is someone you can honestly live with. That means talking to them in person away from parents and teachers. You don't tell your parents everything, I'm sure they don't either. Make sure you know and trust them. Studying in your room is hard to do when your roommate comes home drunk 6 out of 7 nights of the week!! Try to get a roommate with the same academic path and goal as you, it helps with study time and help! Good Luck!

Best thing about LC is the small class size. My largest class is only 30 people.

Ryan

I would say that it is very important to find a school that fits you. Don't go to a school and try to fit into it, find a school that you fit into and makes you feel comfortable. Also take your time in trying to figure out what you want to do while your in college and let that help determine where you are going. Go to lots of schools, even though you know you don't want to go there, go anyway to get the experience and see what you don't like about it.

The Lack on communication between professors and students about test, projects, etc.

Kaitlin

My classmates are open-minded, friendly and fun.

My classmates are open-minded, friendly and fun.

I think once you tour different campuses, you will find that "one" and know it's right for you. You have to go by what is the right fit for you and not what is right for your friends or your family. Let's face it, this is going to be your home for at least the next 4 years and you want to make sure that you are happy. Once you are on campus, make the most of the whole college experience. It's that time in your life for you to try new things and discover who you are and what completes you as a person. There are a million different clubs to choose from and it's a great way to discover something new and exciting, not to mention a great way to meet new people. College is only going to be as good as you make it. You want to be able to look back fondly in years to come and feel good knowing you made the most of your 4 years by meeting new people, trying new things and really discovering who you are!

Someone who likes a small school and wants to have small classes with professors who actually know your name.

Do your best to decide what you want to do/be early on. Saves money. Everyone is in the same boat as you. Learn how to not set off the firealarms. Don't enable drunks, slackers. Don't take anything consumable from people you don't know or look suspicious. Don't drink alone. Listen to your real college friends and home friends because they care about you and don't want to see anything bad happen to you. Your true friends are looking out for you when they say you shouldn't do that. Listen to common sense. Trust yourself. Don't lose who you are but instead add to who you are with everything that happens. You are your own best friend and when you are on your own, you are an adult. Act accordingly but don't forget to have fun, too. Study hard, be smart as my parents always say. Love always. Keep the peace.

They don't have Anthropology, Mortuary Science, or Archaeology.

Lynchburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.