Lyndonville, VT
Lyndon State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lyndon State College

Grace

The one saving grace of Lyndon State (now Northern Vermont University) is the dedication of the teachers. Every upper-level class I have taken here has been taught by professors who genuinely care about the success of their students. Office hours are merely a formality, as professors are accessible at any time- day or night. While the sports, campus life, and dining hall food are all severely lackluster- the professors make this school extremely unique, and I feel lucky to have been a part of such a caring and close-knit community.

Sampson

It is a decent college, I like it and hopefully get accepted there. Being there has strengthened me in many ways. I have learned self-discipline, communication skills, many skills in the field of Information Technology, and most important work. Lyndon State College is a public institution that was founded in 1911. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Lyndon State College's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Colleges North, 33. Its in-state tuition and fees are $11,290 out-of-state tuition and fees are $22,978. When applying to Lyndon State College, it's important to note the application deadline is rolling. The application fee at Lyndon State College is $48. Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due Sept. 27. It is least selective, with an acceptance rate of 98 percent.

Emma

The majority of Lyndon State Students have a love/hate relationship with the campus, administration, facilities, etc. It is a generally apathetic student body with a high acceptance rate, but low retention. If you are in certain majors, your program is stunning and you get legitimate, hands on experience that you are able to apply to you life in the work force. In other programs, you just get a degree. In the end, your experience at Lyndon is what you make it. The surrounding area is sleepy and quiet, but the environment of the VT mountains is gorgeous. Class sizes are small, and the majority of professors are willing to work with you one on one if you are having an issue. The on campus housing isn't the greatest (pretty dated) and the Dining Hall is a constant issue. But off campus housing consists of house-based apartments. There is a large Pro-Weed community, if that is something you are interested in or trying to stay away from.

kristen

Lyndon State College is a leader in broadcast quality graduates.

Lyndon State College is a leader in broadcast quality graduates.

Going to college away from home was the greatest growing experience of my life. Home sickness is tough for the first couple of weeks, but after you get over that hurtle, you begin to take charge of your life and grow in so many ways. The friends you make in college, will be you best friends for life. Do not go into school without an open mind. Take the crazy courses that are outside your major as they may be your real passion in the end. Get time management down and do not over extend yourself. So many students try to take all the classes, hold down a job and have a social life and in the end, something suffers and it is usually your grades. Be realistic and you will achieve great things on all aspects of college life. It will be as rewarding to you, socially , educationally, and personally as it was for me.

The most frustrating thing about Lyndon State College was the location.

Nathan

The school is best known for television production, meterology, exercise science, moutain recreation, and teaching.

Start all of your scholarship and grant work earlier, so you aren't rush trying to do it all at the last minute. Also try and take more AP classes so you don't have as many college courses to take.

Someone looking for a highly professional job. Anything with engineering or medical is not found here. This school is basically only for television, meterology, exercise science, mountain recreation, and teaching. Everything else should be found elsewhere.

Joseph

I would say play as hard as you can leave everything on the field or court and take nothing with you. Because once you are done all you have is your memeries. Live it up and love it all as much as you can. Once it is over and you walk across that stage and you go back it is not the same. Also I would tell myself to study even harder and make the absolute best grades you can. Because the better GPA you have when you leave high school the more money you can get from scholarships and there will be more oppertunities for you. When you are trying to pick a school to go to for the next two to four years go look at the schools and try to picture yourself going to school there. If you do that and like the feeling of it and you get all excided about going to that school then thats where you should go. If you cannot picture yourself at that school then do not go to it and keep looking and never give up with anything you do and always do your best no matter what. Gook Luck!

Justin

Lyndon State College is a very small school with only 1,400 students and is located in northern Vermont. The school is near a popular ski resort where students go in the winter for recreational activities. However, if you don't ski, there isn't a lot to do in Lyndonville. The nearest Walmart is 30 minutes away. The school is great for broadcast journalism and meteriology students as the school has a student run television program that is part of a public access channel where they can get real life experience.

Experiential learning is offered and there is less competition for the anchoring jobs due to the small size of the school.

Hit the ground running by joining any club or activities that spark your interest. This is a way of easing the transition of entering a new academic community by meeting new people and gaining essential social and professional experiences. By intereacting with many kinds of people, the cure for homesickness is developed. You feel that you are contribuing to this new place you are going to be calling home for the next four years.

Weston

Skiing has always been a passion of mine. I have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting people from different walks of life. The ski resort promoted me to manager after three years. One ski season, I was talking to a manager at the ski resort who had graduated from a Vermont college that offered a bachelor degree in ski resort management. This program combines a practical business education with my passion and love of skiing. It doesn't feel like work at all because I'm motivated by doing what I enjoy. My mom is always telling me to find my passion. I have found my passion and I feel very lucky that I have found a degree program and a career path. Lyndon State has an excellent placement rate at some of the best ski resorts in the country. I research and found that my prior manager now works at the largest ski resort in Utah. I look forward to achieving my bachelors in ski resort management and then a masters in business administration. I believe that will be a great combination to someday landing a good management position at a large ski resort.

In the program I enrolled in, they should love the great outdoors. I'm enrolled in ski resort management. You need an outgoing personality and a love of skiing. Both are attributes of mine and I'm excited about the program.

The person should enjoy a small sized school in a remote area.

Danielle

Meterology is what it is known for unfortuantely som students feel that they get a little more money in the budgets and so one. We are also known for our small class sizes and Vermonter nature.

I love going to Lyndon State College for 4 reasons- the small class sizes, the friendly people, the close community and the disscounts that I get since my twin sister goes here as well. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I might have picked a school with better lab facilitys and possably a forestry program. I don't regret my choice in schools I just don't always feel like I am getting all the experience and that I need to make it out there in the real world in the feild in which I have chossen. If I were to give myself advice back then it would have been mostly about remembering to pack things like a sewing kit, Vicks Vapor Rub, Cold Medicine and a heating pad of some sort. One thing that I used to worry about back in high school was going to college with my Twin and while here I am happy with that choice everyday, since it made the transition and all the othere college stuff that much easier.

Someone that likes Vermont weather and a small school environement. Where they can get to know people and particapate and campus activities.

Chelsie

My classmates are really down to earth and friendly; everyone is engaged in the class and we have lots of fun.

My school, Lyndon State College is best known for it's hand-on experiences. No matter what your major is, you have the opportunities to actually be learning things about your possible job. You aren't always just sitting in a classroom; reading books and listening to lectures. They offer a wide range of classes where you get right into what you're doing. You can have the best learning experience by going and doing something, rather than just watching it or reading about it. My school offers that and is very well known for it.

I would tell myself that college isn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. I would have made sure to calm down. Going into college, I was so nervous and also sad about leaving my family, but after being there for a week or so, I realized it's not scary. I would tell myself to make sure to have better study habits. I now know that if you create good study habits in high school, then it'll be much easier to study in college. I would tell myself to make sure to have good time management. In college, no one tells you when to eat, when to study, when to go to bed, or even when to get up in the morning. I would make sure that I realize to make more time to sleep. Lastly, I would tell myself not to buy so much stuff for college. When I went dorm room shopping, I ended up buying a lot of extra storage bins that I just didn't need. It's a good idea to check out the dorm rooms ahead of time to figure out how much storage space you have.

Lyndon State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.