Lyndon State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lyndon State College

Emma

The majority of Lyndon State Students have a love/hate relationship with the campus, administration, facilities, etc. It is a generally apathetic student body with a high acceptance rate, but low retention. If you are in certain majors, your program is stunning and you get legitimate, hands on experience that you are able to apply to you life in the work force. In other programs, you just get a degree. In the end, your experience at Lyndon is what you make it. The surrounding area is sleepy and quiet, but the environment of the VT mountains is gorgeous. Class sizes are small, and the majority of professors are willing to work with you one on one if you are having an issue. The on campus housing isn't the greatest (pretty dated) and the Dining Hall is a constant issue. But off campus housing consists of house-based apartments. There is a large Pro-Weed community, if that is something you are interested in or trying to stay away from.

Wren

Northern Vermont University - Lyndon Campus, is a small school with good classes, a great community, and a small town nearby with good places to eat and shop. It gets very cold in the winter, and the surrounding area is beautiful. All about that skiing and snowboarding life? So is Lyndon.

Grace

The one saving grace of Lyndon State (now Northern Vermont University) is the dedication of the teachers. Every upper-level class I have taken here has been taught by professors who genuinely care about the success of their students. Office hours are merely a formality, as professors are accessible at any time- day or night. While the sports, campus life, and dining hall food are all severely lackluster- the professors make this school extremely unique, and I feel lucky to have been a part of such a caring and close-knit community.

Sampson

It is a decent college, I like it and hopefully get accepted there. Being there has strengthened me in many ways. I have learned self-discipline, communication skills, many skills in the field of Information Technology, and most important work. Lyndon State College is a public institution that was founded in 1911. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Lyndon State College's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Colleges North, 33. Its in-state tuition and fees are $11,290 out-of-state tuition and fees are $22,978. When applying to Lyndon State College, it's important to note the application deadline is rolling. The application fee at Lyndon State College is $48. Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due Sept. 27. It is least selective, with an acceptance rate of 98 percent.

Rebekah

Lyndon State College - I'd be lying if I didn't say what I initially thought about the college and the location the college is in. I'm from New Jersey - I'm used to city life. Upon coming to Lyndon, I was hit with a major culture shock - the quiet, slightly isolated country town that I'd be residing in as I attend Lyndon was one that I had second thoughts about. However, as I got to know new people and make new friends, I got to learn about the land through their eyes. I learned a new way of life out in Vermont, a life of hunting and shooting, farming, but most importantly to look around you and to see beautiful mountains and trees as tall as skyscrapers; to be surrounded by so much nature has reminded me of the simple things in life and beauty that is often overlooked by our hectic everyday lives. And with simple life, comes simple people, which are the people I've come to find at Lyndon State College. It's wonderful to be able to attend a small college where professors establish relationships with you on a more personal level; how they are willing to work with you one on one. In addition, because it's a small college, I love how everyone pretty much knows each other. Overall, its a college that I enjoy attending.