Warren, MI
Macomb Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Macomb Community College

Anthony

First community college where they offered some two year intensive programs in things such as vet tech, electrical technology, and more that I have seen.

Start in a community college, there is no rush to aim for "prestige" when things are just beginning. A four year university is considerably more expensive and even with financial aid is not worth the cost or hassle it can do. This is the end of the line for putting games before education, you will need to step up your time commitments and make things happen. You have goals and aspirations, you should not let them be put behind you because you want to play more games.

Classes tend to be fairly easy to lay out a schedule for, most classes I need are offered multiple times a semseter.

Daisy

Daisy you should've taken college courses in high school so that you wouldn't have to spend so much money now. And have pushed yourself to take harder classes so that you could get used to constantly doing homework. Attending more clubs and activites so you could make more friends.

Macomb Community College is a great school but if i could point out what i don't like well... There are alot of adjuncts teachers and some kind of don't know what they are teaching. Even though some are great teachers I've personally had some horrible adjuncts teachers who just try to pull through without really knowing about the subject. Some classes are hard to find because theres no good directions around the school.

Somebody who isn't serious about college. Because no matter what whether you attend a university or community you are spending lots of money for classes and books espeically !

Kaitlyn

If I could talk to my high school self, I would remind myself that a B+ is more easily forgiven than not extending a helping hand. I believe students panick and begin only focusing on getting that "A" to the point where they stop learning and instead merely do whatever is possible to get high grades. Learning should always trump getting an A, and helping friends and family should always trump both these things. Looking back, it's not the grades I remember. It's the people, the sujects I really cared about, and what I did to make my school a better place.

Only two of my professors taught only at Macomb; all the rest also teach at a major university. I love that, for this reassures me that I am getting a quality edcuation that will translate and transfer well once I go on to a four-year university.

I always brag about how diverse the college is, as I have never had a class with just one or two ethnicities. Macomb faciliates diversity and encourages students to embrace their cultures. Also, Macomb offers a rather stellar tutoring program for a wide variety of subjects.

Cheryl

Macomb Community college is a comfortable, convenient and affordable college that any person would feel happy to call their higher educational school.

If I was able to go back and explain to myself the transition to college life I would tell myself to not be afraid to ask for help. There are many people that are there to help you excell and make your way through life. Assuming I would still have the same financial need I would tell myself not to wait to apply for scholarships, loans, and grants. Looking at transitioning from highschool where I knew everyone to college knowing nobody, I would say "be yourself, be true to your values and it all will fall into place." There is truly nothing better than being able to make new friends that accept you for who you are and college not only is a time to create a future, but find friends and loved ones that will follow you for a lifetime in your journey. Be prepared to work, college is not about slacking or being lazy, truly make time for yourself and your studies. I would also tell myself to enjoy, these years are not to be wasted.

A person dedicated to enriching their life through learning and making connections with a smaller classroom size should attend Macomb Community College. If they have dreams of moving on to a larger college with saving money throughout the way Macomb is the place for them.

Nicholas

A place where the strong go to learn how to fight life's constant challenges and take away valuable knowledge to be used all our lives.

I would start off by telling myself not to stress the chaos of moving to college. The transition will be smooth and you know in your heart that you will succeed. Give yourself time to enjoy the little things and not bury your head in the expensive college books. Be open, friendly, and courteous to all you encounter as it might pay off. Utilize the tutors and knowledgable students in your class, they are more than willing to lend a hand if need be. But most of all, remember to be yourself and not let the outside influences of college change who you are as an individual. If you can manage to follow my instructions and guidelines, you will not fail. Whether it be college or life after.

I brag most about the tremendous learning environment that it has. Professors here truly care about the students and will often go to great lengths to help us understand a topic or give us lifelong advice. My very own English professor this semester was upset at the fact that one student had dropped. It was his goal to have all of us pass the class and grow as students. I cannot stress enough the individual help they will give you. Macomb community college, a real learning environment.

Chanel

My classmates are mature and realistic about the real world.

My classmates are mature and realistic about the real world.

If I could back in time and see myself as a senior the first thing I would tell them is to STUDY!!! at least for thirty minutes a day for each class. Do not procrestinate, it always makes things worse. Also that its ok to ask questions if you are confused about something. Its never wrong to ask for help. And last college learning goes beyond reading a textbook and filling out the questions.

I brag to my friends that my teachers are always there to help me and are nice and friendly.

Caitlyn

Macomb Community College is close to home and provides me with prerequisite courses so I can transfer to a university in the near future.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to get more involved in high school. I only got a little involved senior year and I regret being shy and not putting myself out there. When I graduated I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in, now that I do I realize all the clubs I could have joined would have helped me out so much.

The convience of being close to home and that online classes are offered. Being able to have a flexible schedule is amazing.

Macomb Community College is a great college to get started in; It's not totally overwhelming with having to live on campus and it's not too big to where you get lost easily.

Dear High school self, When you walk in those front doors on your first day of college, don?t go into it assuming you?re going to do poorly in your classes. I made that mistake, in my case with math. My whole school career I struggled math. So, the first day of college I walked through those doors knowing I will not do well in intermediate algebra. I got a D in that class because I knew that I was horrible at it and I couldn?t do anything about it. When I took intermediate algebra again, I walked into that math class with an ?I CAN do this? attitude. It was tough to stay positive, but I didn?t give up. My final grade in math; A. I couldn?t believe it, me out of all people, me who has struggled with math for years, got an A in math! Never in a million years did I even DREAM of getting an A in a college math class. So, the moral of this event is to have a positive attitude toward everything, because you can accomplish the most difficult tasks/goals when you set your mind to it.

Macomb Community College has a program with Wayne State University called "WayneDirect". This program allows you to go to school at Macomb while being enrolled at Wayne State. This program also transfers up to 64 credits from Macomb to Wayne.

Macomb Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.