Warren, MI
Macomb Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Macomb Community College

Heather

Looking back to my high school days which were less stressful, carefree, and had a group of friends I could relate with. I thought it could always be this easy and was ready to get out of high school fast. When that day had come and I walked across to get my diploma, everything suddenly changed with a blink of an eye. I worried all the time about getting papers in on time, scheduling classes, and spending less time with my friends. Most of which went away for college making me feel like I had no one to sit down and talk to about all my worries. Knowing what I know now, I would give myself the best advice I could which is don't be stupid. Keep your priorities straight and do not let anyone including boys get in the way with making your collge decisions and your future goals. I would tell myself not to cry and look on the bright side of things. Also to listen to my mother since she knows what I'm dealing with and wants what is best for me. Most importantly, I would tell myself to always keep smiling.

All people are welcome to this school. Which is the great thing about this college. No one descriminates against eachother and the staff is ready to help anyones acedemic needs to the fullest extent. I would recommend it to anyone.

I would refer to my school as being a reasonably priced school with great professors and an awesome campus with friendly students that attend. My school is a home away from home and is very welcoming. Even my teachers in high school show great respect for Macomb Community College. Although it is only a community college it was highly recommmended for becoming a four year college. My chemistry teacher in high school once said that it was a great college and now I truely understand his reasoning behind it.

Alexander

My classmates are teammates that have a competative look towards their grade and are always willing to give other classmates a hand. They are partners in a project that get excited with new ideas and want to make all of their work grade "A" work.

One of the things that I would have told myself is to save more money for college and to create a savings plan for all of my major future expenses. I would have told myself to also manage my time so I could spend more time with my friends as well as keep up good grades in my classes. Furthermore, showing myself the need to have a car to go to work to pay for college, I would have prioratized a payment schedule to start my earnings sooner. I would have discussed certain expenses that I would only have realized later in life. Finally, I would have told myself to keep determined and to always look forward. Nothing is more importent than a secure future and a well planned educational goal.

People that are expecting a grade for just simply paying money and not doing any work should not go to this school. Those students that think that minimal work will get them by as they coast in life should not go to this school. Like all schools, Macomb Community College takes work and time to learn and progressin your educational career.

Victoria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would only say one thing, growing up is hard. In almost 19 years of life I can honestly say one major thing I have learned, is nothing in life comes easy. No matter where I go or what I would like to become I am in control of my future. Effort, ambition and the belief that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to are factors that I will need to carry for the rest of my life. While sitting here analyzing this question I am being asked, "what would I tell myself?" Honestly, I am glad I did not know the things I know now. Life and growing up is a battle that only you can concur. Learning from your mistakes is only half the fun.

What I wish I had known in High school before entering college. The teachers you have in high school are only trying to help you become a successful student in college. The professors that you have in college are only interested in one thing, and that is teaching the information. I wish I would have applied myself in a way where I could easily understand time management, in a manor that would help me as I enter college courses allowing myself to become the best student I could be.

Most frustrating thing about Macomb Community College is the limited amount of class space they have to offer. The average class size at Macomb is 30 students at best, not allowing any more or less to register. This causes quite a problem if you are undecided on the classes you would like to register for on the registration date. With the overwhelming increase of students attending, the odds of being able to actually register for a chosen class is slim to none.

Macomb has small classrooms and a personal atmosphere. You get one on one attention from your instructors and it has a very nice campus. I was very pleased with my experience there and I plan on taking more classes at Macomb in January.

I wish that I would have know then that my peers couldn't really care less about my appearance. College is very laid back, and no one dresses up. I think that its a much better experience in comparison to high school. Its less of the social scene and more studying and grades. Its a whole different kind of pressure and a completely different experience. Students are concentrating more on their futures and less on materialistic things. Everyone is in the same situation, trying to pay for school, working, taking classes. Everyone is broke and exhausted, so you dont get the pressure of having expensive things and looking your best everyday. If I had the chance, there is no way that I wouldn't go back to high school, but I love college.

I don't think it would be a bad idea for anyone to attend Macomb. It's very diverse and it has a college atmosphere, so students aren't really worried about other people. The people there are mostly just concentrating on their grades and homework, so i think it would be a great school for anyone to attend. I honestly don't think that anyone would have a bad experience there.

Kamellie

I think that my school is very diverse compared to others.

I think that my school is very diverse compared to others.

I would just tell myself to get serious about my grades. And get focused.

Honestly if I were to choose anything it would be the parking.

Rakesh

That college life is not as easy as you would think. To study hard and pay more attention in class stop fooling around.

Their program plan, small class room, and low tuition rate. And almost all the professors are extremely good at teaching.

They don?t have a proper recreation facility. If I want to do some workout or swim a lap I would have to take a course in PHED. And certain campus has counselors that are not intelligent also the professors in Physics.

Macomb Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.