Macomb Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Macomb Community College

Dominic

Macomb Community College provides an invaluable experience for students. Through qualified professors, small class sizes, and various scheduling options, Macomb Community College paves the way for student success. Whether you are completing your degree at MCC or transferring to another university, this community college gives students the education they need to do well in whatever field they may choose.

Morgan

Macomb Community College is a great school to begin your college education. The classes are small, the professors are good, and the students are kind. It is cheaper than a 4 year university. The classes are challenging, but it prepares you for a 4 year university.

Shyanne

I don't think that Macomb is a terrible school. All of the professors I'be had have been amazing, but some of the advisors and other staff members aren't helpful and are pretty rude and unhelpful. They don't really advertise a lot of clubs or sports around campus, so it's hard to get involved in anything.

Maryana

This college is very cheap and a fantastic way to start off your college career! I transferred here from Wayne State due to money issues and I'm upset I didn't go here first! SO WORTH IT!!! While the cafeteria is like any other cafeteria with gross nasty and stale food, I am not here for the food, I am here to get one step closer to my degree!

Rebecca

I used MCC as a stepping stone and it was the best choice I have ever made. These particular questions were difficult to answer since it is a community college and not a university but overall I would give MCC 4 out of 5 stars. Every institution has their fair share of problems but Macomb has a lot to offer and is a great starting point!

Amon

It’s a pretty nice school, the classes aren’t huge which is a huge advantage. The professors are always happy and upbeat, overall great atmosphere. The workload isn’t over bearing. But not too little either, and professors are always open ears when you encounter an inconvenience when it comes to late assignments.

Myranda

Macomb Community College is a great stepping stone if a student is looking to save money, or is not totally sure what they want to go to school for. Macomb has many opportunities for students to figure out who they are. Also, the instructors are great; they are very understanding that you have more than just their class. The class sizes are the perfect, no larger than 30-40 students per class.

Arianna

It is a great college to attend. I feel very welcome. I enjoy my peers,classes, and teachers. I cant wait to graduate with my associates degree in computer programming

Tanjina

Love this school so much. Great staff and faculty. So are the professors. I'm so glad i picked to go to mcc. Good academics and crazy affordable .

Amaretta

Macomb is a great start for everyone. Tuition is around one hundred dollars per credit hour and most colleges allow most, if not all, of those credits to transfer to a four year university saving thousands of dollars. The professors genuinely care about their work and their students which creates a positive learning environment where students are more likely to be involved and unafraid to ask questions. The students want to be here and they want to learn.

Brianna

My overall opinion of Macomb Community College is that it is an amazing school to be enrolled in. Without the help of Macomb's financial aid I would not be enrolled in college; therefore I am forever grateful for the academic opportunity they have provided for me. Also the professors are always available, the class sizes are small, and you're getting the same education as someone at a large university for a fraction of the price. I have always felt safe and at home at Macomb and a part of me will be sad to graduate in May 2019, but I am ready for a new chapter in my life. I am proud of everything I have worked hard for at Macomb, such as the Dean's List and Phi Theta Kappa, and I am glad my school pushed me for greatness.

Angelique

Macomb Community College believes in student success, the small class sizes, interpersonal relationship with professors, and opportunities to contribute to the community makes for a wonderful transition out of high school. The class sizes allow students to participate and ask questions, which is encouraged my the professors. Professor's are approachable and they establish a professional and welcoming environment. Macomb also provides students with numerous outreach activities and promotes awareness for pride, mental illness, and social culture. With over two-hundred Associate degree programs, students receive a quality education and experience.

Andrew

the school offers a variety of selections in different areas of macomb county in michigan, the area is a very nice and friendly place to be, there is a location off of groesbeck just past 11 mile by the AMF rose bowl. and on garfield by hall road in clinton twnshp

Sarena

The school has a beautifully opened campus, with easy to understand maps. It is great for walks. The counselors, advisors, and faculty are very helpful and competent. The professors are thoroughly interested in their subjects and they teach with passion.

David

The campus roads are poorly designed, resulting in students feeling frustrated when driving around. Overall the professors are great at their occupations and the classes are excellent for students pursuing their majors. There are not many athletic programs but campus activities are plentiful.

Sa'Vaughn

I love Macomb Community College. This college has given me the opportunity of earning college credits while earning my high school diploma. The professors and the staff members make me feel comfortable. Also I know for a fact that I'm learning things that will benefit my career in the future.

megan

it is a good place to start up at before transferring into a bigger college or university. The classes are cheap, which is good for upcoming freshman in college. Its close to home so i can live at home and still get a good education. The classes are small so you dont feel overwhelmed and the teachers are very nice.

I absolutely love MCC! The atmosphere is amazing, the classes are great, the people are nice, and the professors are awesome. I genuinely look forward to going to school everyday. They have a program that I am involved in, called the Early College of Macomb Program. It allows high school students to start working towards their degree... while still in high school! I enjoy everything they have to offer here and I really enjoy everything about this school.

Miranda

Macomb is a good school to start your college career at. It's nice because the classes are much less expensive than at a 4 year university. My plan was to get my Associates from the community college and then transfer to an university. Doing this saved me about $20,000 in student loans. The professors in the Business program are nice and helpful, but general education classes can be a bit boring.

Allie

Macomb is a great place to learn, and is a nice middle ground if you don't know what you want to do yet. I love going to Macomb, the professors are excellent, and there's always something to do on campus. The more involved you are, the better the experience will be.

Jaz

I like Macomb a lot. It made the transition from high school life to college life extremely smooth. I feel very safe here! The student activities are something I never thought about at a community college, but after realizing all of the opportunities, I've become more involved. There are several options for food on campus and nearby.

Dalia

Some of the professors really care about their students and want you to succeed. Macomb Community College is accessible online and on campus and is very affordable. There are a lot of student organizations and the cafeteria food is actually pretty good.

Myranda

Macomb Community College is great for anyone, who does not know what they want to do with their lives just yet, or even just looking to save some money by staying home for a year or two.

Krista

I enjoyed my time at macomb community college but it was a small community college so there wasn’t as much to be involved in as at a larger university. I also wish they had later hours for study rooms and/or the library, it would’ve helped me to buckle down more being in the environment to study.

Damar

Macomb Community College varies when it comes to the quality of their professors. I have noticed however, that most if not all of them are willing to provide advice or assitance in furthering any students education. Their student services are excellent for assisting in transferring to other schools.

Amber

I think Macomb Community College is a great school in general. I love the professors ; they are nice and help you understand the assignment. Everyone is helpful. Tutors and counselors are there to help when people need it. There is a learning center where students can just sit down and study. The staff is very nice and generous , they help you find what you need. The classrooms are a nice size. I think Macomb Community College is just a nice school in general.

Marybeth

Macomb is an excellent school. I have attended this college for the past three years and it has definitely provided me with an excellent education experience. The professors are easily accessible and always take time to help students achieve to their fullest potential.

Lauryn

A great school with amazing teachers, haven't had an issue with any teachers, I plan to further continue expanding my future career within Macomb as its a place that makes me motivated to learn and the teachers are always super willing to help! They help you do your best!

Worst community college with terrible, rude counselors who don’t care about the students. They just want your money. Go to any other community college, don’t waste your time and money here. The counselor who did nothing to help me besides tell me to go complain to the dean is named Angela Allen. Don’t go to her if you want any real help.

Sydney

It's a great school, with great professors who really care about their students. I can receive an education without breaking the bank and going into debt. All of the people are very open and welcoming. The teachers are there to help you and make you better, not to fail you and ruin your college career.

ramina

The building itself is pretty good, buildings are being updated so it's nicer. The only downfall I really see is there isn't much of an advertisement for extracurriculars and there is no housing for student. It's strictly a commuter school which can be an inconvenience.

jordan

I think it is a great start off school. It's a great way to find out where you want to go in life. I love Macomb and the teachers are awesome with the students. I'm going to get my associates degree here and then transferring after that and i think that is an awesome way to go. I also love the university center

When it comes to Macomb Community College, there are many good and bad things to say. It cannot even compare to the big universities when it comes to excitement, but when it comes to the academic side, MCC is one of the best community colleges in the country. I have learned so much since I started at MCC, and I would never even think to go to any other community college. The professors are amazing, even though there are the rude ones from time to time, but each and every one of them means well and enjoy what they are teaching. You can tell almost all of the professors just want you to learn what they are teaching because they love their subject. Student wise, MCC has a very small, yet very social group of students. Everyone you come in contact with is very nice. Even the environment that the college is set in is great with the many malls and places to get food nearby. The only complaint that I would have for MCC is the fact that the parking lots are terribly small, and the main road of Hall road is a disaster. Other than that, no community college even comes close to how great Macomb Community College is.

Michaela

Macomb Community College is great school that is a very affordable option before heading off to a university, I recommend attending Macomb to all high school seniors because there is so many great opportunities available at macomb. Not only are the professors great but they offer free tutoring which is really convenient because it is helpful right in the learning center. Macomb Community College is a great school with even better academics.

Alyssa

I started at Macomb Community during the Fall 2015 semester. I am very happy that I chose this school and not a university right away. Some people can jump right into a university, but if anyone is like me they do not like much change. I was able to adjust to college very well and all my professors are wonderful. They are always available and very helpful. I am so happy that I chose to go here first and not go to a university right away.

Christin

Macomb Community College is a great college to start at. It helps you get into the classes that you want without any trouble. It is easier to get into classes easily without missing a semester, (which usually what happens to University students, who are forced to wait a semester to get into a class).

McKenna

I think it is a great stepping stone towards a university. I have academically excelled so much in my freshman year. I know I made the right choice starting at community college. The friends I have gained and professors I have gained respect for will help me in my future. I have gained so much knowledge, inside and out of the classroom.

Macomb Community College is the institution most local kids go to save money on college before transferring to a bigger university. It is average overall. They have some good career programs (nursing, vet technician, occupational technician & physical therapy technician), but the main university courses and programs are average.

Macomb Community College: the place to discover who you are, and what you want to be. MCC is extremely underrated, and is typically seen by university students as a school students who are not as intelligent or serious about their education attend. However, this assumption is far from the truth. In my opinion, MCC has proved to be the most beneficial option for students who are not 100% positive about their goals for the future, but are still looking to continue their education. Being a student at Macomb Community College has allowed me to continue working while in school (something I know I would not have done at university). It has provided me with the tools, resources, and guidance that I very much needed during such a crucial time of decision making. Overall, attending Macomb Community College has been a rewarding experience; filled with self-discovery, a deeper understanding of where my priorities lie, and a clear path towards my future.

sierra

Honestly I love this school. When I first went to macomb, I felt welcomed and people were always there to help me. My only con is that there's no on campus living which sucks because I live far but for this school, its worth it. Not to mention that this school is clean, everyone is about education, and the professors are understandable. If you're ready to extend your education, this is the right place to be!

Faith

I love it at Macomb. Classes are small, but it's a great gateway to universities from high school. Professors are nice and helpful. The campus is beautiful. It is spaced out perfectly. I love the game lounge in P building. It is a nice area to hang out with friends. Plus down the hall is a nice quiet study lounge as well to study for exams or quizzes.

London

i love it here the teachers are great and when you meet friends its like having another family and the library sources are outstanding to study from theres police on campus so its very safe there always nearby so incase you do have a problem you can always find them around

haley

It's worth it because you'll save money, but I wouldn't recommend to go for a high education.

Justin

Its a great school. I am currently in my fifth semester here and I am 18. I am in the Early College of Macomb program where I attend for free for two years in high school and one year after high school. They started us off easy with two classes per semester and worked our way up to a full time student. I will graduate in 2020 with a General Associates Degree, all for free. I have met a lot of people from high school students to grandparents furthering their education for their job. Everyone attends for different reasons and there is a lot of interesting people to have conversations with. The professors are mostly part time and teach or have taught at other big universities like Wayne State. They're all very knowledgeable on the topics they teach and are willing to help every student. There is a free learning center on campus that students can go to to get help with homework along with a free reading and writing center who will help you with anything from an essay to your resume. Macomb has a very nice campus and it's enjoyable to walk around. The staff, students, and squirrels are all very friendly. There is a small cafe with plenty of snacks and there is a student cafeteria for actual food. I have enjoyed attending Macomb and am looking forward to the rest of this semester and the next.

bethany

Great campus with amazing professors. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help if you have a question. There is a variety of cultures and languages at the school. Macomb has a vast number of clubs you are able to join and meet new people. Overall this college is friendly and an amazing place to be.

emily

Macomb community college is a really good school to go to you can get free money by filling out a scholarship. you can do fafa and do finacally aid it help people get in to college like student loan and other think like that there is a lot of thing to do at macomb community college

Allyson

Macomb Community College is a great place to begin your college education! It's a 2 year community college with lots of opportunities. Tuition is extremely affordable and there are a lot of Associate degrees to choose from. Professors are very engaged and are generally willing to help; they want students to succeed. Class sizes are around 20-30 students, depending on the level of the class, which allows you to meet many people and genuinely get to know your professors fellow students. Macomb has 2 campuses, which gives you lots of options for the time of day and professors of classes. There is also a University Center, which partners with various universities to help students get a degree from university from within the comfort of ne of Macomb's own buildings. The tuition in the University Center is the same as in the regular part of Macomb so it allows students to be able to get degrees from universities without the costly price. Overall, Macomb has been amazing.

I think this college is a great place to get generals out of the way for half the cost! This campus is close to a mall and lots of food places, so you'll always have access to a variety of food choices. The campus is very safe, even at night. There are police safety buttons all around campus to contact the police if needed. I highly recommend:)

Great school for a transferee. its well kept up and always clean. tons of construction right now but for the better. The staff is always helpful and the teachers are usually good at teaching. some arnt. just do some reviews. overall its a great starting point.