Madison, WI
Madison Area Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Madison Area Technical College

Alexa

Madison Area College is a great stepping stone for those not knowing what they should do in life. There are great programs here if people already know what they want to get into, but most are here to transfer. A lot of the credits are very transferable and this helps out so much.

Sara

Madison Area Technical College is a surprising school. Most people are disappointed when they have to go to a community college. Madison Area is different. It has many different campuses available throughout the area. The faculty is equal to the level of instruction you would get from larger universities. They are always available and I have always felt they are just as passionate as the student is about succeeding. It is an inexpensive school without sacrificing a great education. I took a chance and decided to start my education with MATC. I don't regret a thing. There is always someone to help answer questions about transfers and degree goals. MATC is a two-year college, and they are wonderful at ensuring you are adequately prepared to move forward to your next step. Beyond that, they offer a ton of extracurricular activities that are not always offered at two-year schools. There are plenty of clubs to join, guest lecturers, and entertainment to explore while you get a solid education.

Ashlee

Madison Area Technical College is a great, fun, and cheaper school compared to a university. They always have something going on for the students to partake in and the professors really care about your education. This is a great school if you live in Madison or would rather go to a tech school compared to a University.

Jillian
MATC

Nice

MATC

Nice

Katie

MATC is best known for their transfer program into the University of Wisconsin-Madison and high acceptance rate.

The person I was in high school was not academically focused. She was not convinced academic success was as worthwhile as her authorities told her. If I could go back, I'd tell her she's being ignorant, unwise, and lazy. Academic success may not be the most important thing in the world, but it does make life beyond high school more possible. Had I worked harder in high school I would be more eligible for scholarships and I would have been able to spend my first years of college more economically and really absorb the value they hold.

The classes are small enough to provide a hospitable environment for engaging discussion if the professor allows it. In theory, the small class sizes also suggests accessible teachers which is true most of the time.

Pangkou

If I could talk to my senior self, I'd tell her about the importance of making connections in college. Whether these connections are simply forming friendships or making classroom/lab partners, these people are the ones that will help you grow. Don't hold yourself back and meet people. There are people in your classes struggling alongside you. It's okay to admit confusion outloud, many students might be too afraid to interject in class that they're confused. This will only help you learn better. As peers, you will be able to help one another understand. It's okay to reach out first. Having the courage to admit that you're lost and need help is already it's own achievement. Professors are always willing to help. You have to let them know that you're confused. It's hard for them to have the ability to ask each individual and make sure they understand each concept. Don't fake it to make it! You deserve to understand and learn. College is expensive. Don't sell yourself short by barely passing each course. You attended college to ensure your education, not to be discouraged by a challenging course.

Before attending Madison College, I wish I had known the importance of using your resources around you and the ability to overcome the fear of talking to your professors. It does more harm that it does good to be a silent floater especially when one is confused. Madison College provides teachers and resources that are reaching out to students when they are in help. Students just have to remember to grab a hold of that hand. It's important to be able to overcome the fear of reaching out to ateacher if you're confused. Madison provides a helping hand.

If I had to pin point what's most frustrating about my school is the lack of communication that some teachers have with their students. Yes, not all of the students are full time students, but we all have jobs and other classes that we must balance out with theirs. It'd be helpful if teachers would try to understand that many students are having to perform a balancing act to turn in assignments on time and make time to study. Everyone is juggling a lot. It'd be nice to have teachers that see students as humans as well.

Tsee

I think Madison Area Technical College is a great place to get a great education. There are a variety of different types of classes to take which will help you achieve your career and future goals. It is a great place to start, or continue, your college education. I would recommend anyone in Madison, WI to attend Madison Area Technical College.

There are a great variety of academics at Madison Area Technical College. You can either take general courses, or you can be a part of a program that will guide you in the right direction to your career goal. There is nothing that Madison Area Technical College doesn't have that will support any student become successful.

Jerica

The time that I spent at MATC was perfect. I felt that while I was there I recieved the one on one attention that I needed to succeed as and RN. I felt that the instructors that I had were interested in my well being, and wanted me to succeed. I felt the program was well organized and the information that I learned helped me move forward to find employment in a timely mannor.

When graduating from High School commencement speeches often declare, "go out and do great things” when in reality, we need to do average things first. But in order to do "average things" we still have to work hard and stay on track. College is a transition; there is no one that will check to see if you have studied for your exam, or anyone to check if you finished your homework, you must do this on your own. Take the time to study, really understand your education, and take your time in college seriously. However, get involved! Life experience in college is time that you will never be able to get back. Getting involved allows you to figure out who you really are as a person, find your interests, and maybe even make a difference. There are many average things to be accomplished in your life, many which will seem pointless, but each is a stepping-stone in our story. Accomplish the "average things" and you will set the foundation to do all of the "great things" that you want to strive for.

A person who is interested in large class sizes should not attend MATC. This school is small, which was great for me. But in some repect you are not able to have the "traditional" college experience.

Joy

Joy, I am you 29 years after you have graduated and I need you to listen. There is plenty of time for you to party, but there is only now for you to make positive choices for your future. The world is not the same place that it is now. Jobs are not as plentiful and to get a quality education early will help you to ensure that you will have a future free financial worries and empowered. Go into MATC and speak to a career counselor, look into what you want to persue. MATC is a really good school to start at, but make sure that you can transfer your credits to an accredited college and that you will be able to obtain your goals with the least amount of debt. You will want to look into financial aid options that your school offers and begin to apply for scholarships your junior year of high school. I will tell you also that the me that is you now waited and I would give anything to go back to you and have started after this adventure. Good Luck. I hope this finds your future well.

I believe that the professors that I had were really good at what they taught and that I learned a lot and in a very prepared manner. As an adult student, the classes were held in a professional manner and gave out a plethora of knowledge as well as encouragement to excel.

The worst thing about Madison College was that I was not able to receive my bachelors degree.

Madeline

Madison College is a tech school at it's core, but it's really investing a lot of resources in it's transfer programs, so a lot of the courses, professors, and student orgs are like a 4 year school, while people still live off campus. The disconnect affects a lot of academic and social aspects. The most unique thing about MATC is it's evolving identity and how student and faculty are shaping that evolving identity, culture, and values.

Listen: you're going to be rejected by UW Madison and end up going to a tech school and living on your own. Yeah, I know, you didn't expect that, but you're rapidly going to learn life isn't expected. You're also going to get over the idea of being a librarian--things happen, plans change, you will too. You're going to be ridiculously lonely when you first move in to your place, alone--don't panic or be sad, you'll make friends quickly. The people who were important to you will remain important. Don't worry too much about money, you're not going to lose your determination to do what you want in spite of it. Be persistant filing paperwork, the people at MATC are stilling figuring out how to be like a 4 year school. I don't have all the answers, kid, I'm stilling figuring a hell of a lot out, but I do feel safe saying we'll be fine. You're going to learn life is a piece of art we're charged with making ourselves, and I think you're well prepared to forge your own creation.

I love the course selection and the small class sizes. As a liberal arts transfer kid, I'm not limited on my selection of interesting courses that satisfy my academic needs.The biggest class I've had was around 40 people-- not one over worked TA in sight. To a degree, I know/like the professors and they know/like me and other students. So far, the professors I've had have ranged from 'only ok' (just one) to 'great' (quite a few of them)--and I'm only on my second semester.

Madison Area Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.