Madison, WI
Madison Area Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Madison Area Technical College

Madeline

Madison College is a tech school at it's core, but it's really investing a lot of resources in it's transfer programs, so a lot of the courses, professors, and student orgs are like a 4 year school, while people still live off campus. The disconnect affects a lot of academic and social aspects. The most unique thing about MATC is it's evolving identity and how student and faculty are shaping that evolving identity, culture, and values.

Listen: you're going to be rejected by UW Madison and end up going to a tech school and living on your own. Yeah, I know, you didn't expect that, but you're rapidly going to learn life isn't expected. You're also going to get over the idea of being a librarian--things happen, plans change, you will too. You're going to be ridiculously lonely when you first move in to your place, alone--don't panic or be sad, you'll make friends quickly. The people who were important to you will remain important. Don't worry too much about money, you're not going to lose your determination to do what you want in spite of it. Be persistant filing paperwork, the people at MATC are stilling figuring out how to be like a 4 year school. I don't have all the answers, kid, I'm stilling figuring a hell of a lot out, but I do feel safe saying we'll be fine. You're going to learn life is a piece of art we're charged with making ourselves, and I think you're well prepared to forge your own creation.

I love the course selection and the small class sizes. As a liberal arts transfer kid, I'm not limited on my selection of interesting courses that satisfy my academic needs.The biggest class I've had was around 40 people-- not one over worked TA in sight. To a degree, I know/like the professors and they know/like me and other students. So far, the professors I've had have ranged from 'only ok' (just one) to 'great' (quite a few of them)--and I'm only on my second semester.

I would tell myself to spend two at Community College and get involved in clubs that share some of my interests. Also, I would have taken more than two Psychology classes in Community College and to not go crazy when choosing classes.

Jeremy

Think deeply about what you want to do with your life and work as hard as you can to achieve that goal. Not knowing your overall goal will force you to waste a lot of time and money. Take the advice of your elders, but realize that in the end you must decide what is right for you. Worry about money, but realize that in fourty years your college degree will likely be much more valuable than what you paid for it. Above all else, do what makes you happy, because the amount of money you have doesn't mean anything when you die.

I wish I would of known how few classes transfer to other learning institutions. I originally pursued associates degrees because I wasn't sure what I wanted, but now that I do know, I have had to stay at this school longer because I have to take transfer classes in order to transfer to a university.

Even though the tuition is lower at this college, the lack of oncampus housing makes it very expensive to attend.

Jasmine

I have attended Salish Kootenai College for a little over a year now and it has really opened my eyes to new experiences. It is Native American school and I actually haven't been around many different ethnics. It has shown me how important it is to be able to be open to new experiences and willing to try new things. I have become a better person going to school here and can't wait to see what I will bring into the nursing profession. With all the knowledge I have gained I will be able to relate to others that are outside of my "box" and mkae them feel as though they are truly cared about. I think it's extemely important to be able to treat people the same no matter what skin color they have, or where they come from. We all come from the same place and need to show everyone the same amount of respect, expecially in health care.

Rebecca

My college experience so far has been a challenging one but a big personal accomplishment. I have attended Sierra College since 2007 and really enjoyed my experience there. I went into it my first year, being newly diagnosed with narcolepsy. This is a sleeping condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness, difficulty focusing for extended periods of time and also an inability to drive. With college classes being mostly lecture based, I found myself dosing off in class and it very difficult to keep up with the lessons. I feel I have grown and learned a number of techniques to help me be successful in such a challenging environment such as bringing a recorder to my classes and recording my lectures, and use of public transportation to get to and from school each day. I feel like I have really proved to myself through these past years of college, that if I put my mind to it, I can overcome any obstacle in life and continue to do great things. That is why my goal at the end of my education is help other students realize this early in their lives by becoming an early childhood special education teacher. Thank You

mehreen

for best and valuable education in liberal art transfer and with digress and certificaets . the provide day care for mothers who are currentely attending school. moreover it is very good school for disability students with a lot of benifits.

most important thing that made me valuable to attend college is my backgound history. i came to USA from pakistan in 2009,. when i came here i start learning english, to learn more english i joined madison area technical college. after taking some english classes my interest was increased more than english. i took campus test and i got admission easily..know i am taking trasfer classes forUniversity of Wisconsin and this is my third semester. i applied for this scholarship because my finincial satiuation no good. i am full time student and i want to completely concentrate on my studies.

who are not interested in education ....

Jourdan

Parents alwasy say college is the best time of a teenagers life. You learn who you are, make great friends and have great experiences. I have started learing alot about responsiblity and being in control of my actions because I have so much freedom I never had before. College has made me realize how close I am to being fully grown up and that I have to start taking everything seriously. The friends I have made have shown me it is okay to step outside of your comfort zone, try new things and take risks because you ony live once.

Cale

I have learned the responsibilies of real life. I have also learned how to handle many different stressful situations from the courses taken at my college. I hated school in general before attending college, but once I started my classes I was determined more than I had ever been before in my life. I am very happy with the outcome of my first year in college and truly appreciate my mother and other family members pushing me to go to college.

The small classes, it enables the student/s to interact with the teachers.

Any person with the desire to succeed in life with higher education.

Benjamin

Madison Area Technical College is the best educational experience I have ever had for just some of the following reasons: The classes are very affordable, and many course credits will transfer to other four-year universities; the professors, at least that I have had, are highly qualified and seem to really care about teaching those of us who are students; the cafeteria food is made by Culinary Art students, which means there's always something excellent to eat; students receive a free semester bus pass if they want one; and best of all, it's located in Madison, Wisconsin!

If I were able to go back in time and talk to my senior year self, the first thing I would tell myself to calm down a little. During my senior year of high school, I felt so anxious for college and wanting to leave my hometown that I began having a bit of an "attitude" towards things I felt were routine and boring. Not only that, but I began missing out on some potentially great experiences by spending less time with people who, at that point, I thought I was tired of. Now that I'm in college, I love coming home, and spending time with those people I had doubts about. I should have realized that, when those people didn't get sick of my attitude and still stuck around, they were being the best kind of "loyal" to me. Besides that, I would also warn myself to save money more wisely; every cent in college counts. Lastly, and somberly, I would tell myself to let the teachers that really meant something to me know that they were special. I never thought about how I'd feel if I lost one that changed my life until it happened.

MATC is an experience I believe anyone can benefit from. Many people I've met here ultimately plan on transferring to the nearby UW Madison, myself included, but this shouldn't undermine advantages MATC has over Madison. For one, the class sizes are very small; my largest is 25 students. This is great if one likes individual attention. My friend at UW Madison has a 500-student intro to psychology course! Secondly, the classes at MATC are also much cheaper, and the professors seem just as qualified. One down-side, however, is the lack of dormitories; apartments may be necessary.

The most crude and foul-mouthed men with a great sense of humor that are willing to help out whenever they can.

Stay strong. Nothing's changed since high school; they're the same people with different faces. You know way more than they do, just don't let on and don't be cocky about it. Believe in your abilities and take this seriously. They will get to know you and respect you, even though you'll be the only female in the class. Show them what you've got.

A person with no direction in their life. You need to know what you want in life to get anywhere with your life. Don't just waste money by attending a whole bunch of classes that you're going to end up skipping. Figure out what you want in life and decide where you need to go from there.

Madison Area Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.