Madison, WI
Madison Media Institute

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Madison Media Institute

Brent

Well, im not exactly sure. I would say games. Everyone knows just about everything about a video game, and videography.

How awesome college would be! Madison Media Institute is the best place ever to learn about video and motion graphics. You don't even feel like your at college. Its such a friendly atmosphere. walking into MMI feels like walking into the most amazing job every day.

Ryan

Excellent school, very hands on. Smaller classes so teachers are more capable of helping. Teachers are very knowledgeable and are willing to help when asked.

The school offers a large variety of clubs, the two biggest are film club and music club. I met most of my friends by doing small group projects in class and getting to know them. The school also strongly encourages the use of student networking. There seems to be a rather large group of concert goers and skiers/snowboarders at the school.

The school has a large mix of race, gender, and religion. We all seem to get along and are brought together by our dreams of a job in the field of media. The school has one of the biggest mixes of people I have seen as far as personal, political, religion, and just about anything else. Most students wear what they are comfortable in.

Raiana

Madison Media Institute is a school with a worthwhile education, that is heavily based off of media, it helps students interested in going out into the media world and allows them to come out of it's programs with a strong future.

As a slacker in high school, I would have told my self that things aren't going to be as easy as many people make them out to be. Life isn't just handed to you like it is for other people, so don't slack off your last year because in the long run it isn't worth it. Yes, high school is not entirely a nesscesity, it does not prepare you for the real world as many of the teachers have said. So, don't give up, six months from your graduation you will be in one of the best colleges you had a pick from, and you made the right decision in going there. College is no picknick, you will have hard times, but as you push through it will come with ease. But you have to work for it, stop procastinating and do your work! The good news is that you are trying 100 times harder in college because it is something you want. It has been your dream since you were 10 to become what you are becoming today, so don't give up.

MMI is a highly supportive school, not just the teachers but also the students. The teachers will help you, as long as you want to be helped. The students are the same, you ask any one of them for help and the chances are they will. MMI is like a close knit family, if you are having trouble the teachers will want to know about it so that they may help you with your school work. Same with other students, they will help you in times of needs. MMI is not just another school, we are a family.

Joseph

My classmates are awesome.

My classmates are awesome.

Try harder. I was a slacker in high school, didn't take things seriously and my life up until now has kind of reflected on that. I work a low pay retail job, I made the decision to go back to school because I wanted to better my life. It's only been a semester and a half but I'm loving life a lot more than I was before I went back.

The instructors, they all have real life experience in what they teach, stories from the road, it's an Entertainment/Media Business degree that I'm going for and these people have lived the life and been there, they know what they're talking about.

My school works with the world of constantly changing technology, yet they do it with such ease, and get you involved with such a great sense of ambition and confidence in your future.

It's a small school so that attention you get from your teachers and their assistants is extremely helpful. There is a lot of questions that come up in this field because technology is constantly changing and everyone around you understands that and doesn't make you feel stupid for asking lots of questions. Also, the teachers and staff are great at helping you find a career that fits you, and gives you tons of opportunities to go out in the field and try a variety of positions so you can figure out what works best for you.

The best advise I can give is to not lose yourself in what you're studying. It's important to do well in school and get your degree, but if you don't take time to do fun things for yourself, you're going to lose your mind. School is crucial to your success, but so is choosing your own path, and finding that one thing that your really passionate about and want to pursue. If there is a specific area in your field that interests you, dive into it on your own time and master it. The one mistake I've been making is, I have learned so much, and experienced so many different areas of my field, that I don't know what to focus on. It's good to know and do it all, but where your biggest sucess is going to come is from mastering something, and being a great people person in the process. The one thing I'm proud to have been told so many times is that, I am going to go places just because people like my personality and want to work with people like me. Be THAT person.

Caleb

I would tell myself that success is a choice, not a gift or a talent. There are incredibly gifted and talented people in the world and they absolutely make the competition harder, but literally anyone can be successful if they put in the hard work. Everyone is on an equal playing field when they enter the real world. We are all human. We all have something we are passionate about. We can all work hard to complete our goals. Some may find goals before others, but if you just relax and perservere through the obstacles that come your way, you will succeed. There is a notion out there that only well off people can continue to prosper. This notion embraces some ridiculous concept of life long damnation. I have been told that because of one mistake, the rest of my life is ruined. This was absolutely false. Life is what I make it, and I am making it great. Absolutely anyone can do it. The real world doesn't care what anyone else thinks of you. It cares what you think about yourself. Believe in yourself. Find a purpose to your life. Live for it. The world will embrace you.

The grading system at my school is diverse, and this is by far the best aspect of the education experience at the school. Madison Media Institute's grading system reflects the amount of work and effort you put into a project, and it rewards hard work. The instructors take into account the fact that all of the attending students are still learning to do their work properly, and there is no expectation of perfection. The expectation is simply one of improvement. There is an emphasis on rewarding that improvement. There is no punishment for lack of effort, just no reward.

I would tell my high school self to relax. Many of my mentors built up the college experience, as well as the eventual real world experience, as something to fear. While the intentions of this were certainly noble, it was overdone to the extent that I worried the rest of my life would only be stressful and tedious. It definitely is not! Adult life is beautiful! There are so many wonderful possibilities, and virtually everything is at your fingertips. Learning how to seize control of each moment, and make it better than the last, is incredibly rewarding. I love it.

Kiefer

Like-minded people who are dedicated to learning and work hard for a greater chance at landing a job in our desired field.

When I was a high school senior I was already taking full-time PSEO college courses, so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect from a college environment. However, the school where I was taking these courses was a community college and I did not have a clear goal in mind for what I would do afterwards. Now that I'm going to an institute specifically geared towards the career path I hope to one day be a part of, I would only say one thing to the high school me; put 100% into everything you do. Just because you completed the assignment doesn't mean it's something you're proud of. Any project or piece of homework is worth revisiting not just to make improvements, but to refresh your mind in what that project was designed to teach you. Aside from that, practicing this would build character. If this virtue was hammered into me at an early age I feel it would push me to put more effort into what I do and thusly I would find myself enjoying the work load rather than groaning at the thought of it.

Our instructor's office hours for helping students outside of class time. Sometimes we don't cover everything in class because one or more students need additional help. It's at these times that I would like to come into school for a one-on-one session with the teacher so I can get back on track. Unfortunately, our instructor's are busy people and cannot dedicate that much time to helping each individual student.

rebecca

This school stands out from other school because of its hands on learning. I could have choosen an onlince school but I don't think it could have grabed my attention like this school does.

I wish I could go back in time. I would sit myself down and have a nice long talk about school. I would tell myself not to listen to what other think and that I am smart. Smart enough to succeed in further schooling. I would dive into tthe importance of homewor and how I should always do it. I would tell myself it gets better and I should continue making videos. But I can't go back . I have to make up for the slacking off and no homework. But if I could I would.

If I knew now, what I knew then about the media arts, I would have taken high school more seriously. In high school I loved taking the computer media course. I just never knew how much I wanted to go to school until for the first time 9 years later. I should have went to Madison Media after high school.

Madison Media Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.