Madisonville, KY
Madisonville Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Madisonville Community College

allyson

It is a good college, but does not have everything we need sometimes. this is a two year college only and they do care about their students. there isn't any on campus living only that you commute to get to your classes. they have some campuses all around which helps a little since i live in Greenville.

Shelbie

Madisonville Community College is a wonderful 2-year institution. They strive to better the students and help them obtain their goals. The faculty and staff are always available and very friendly. The campus is very safe and the classes are very affordable.

Mikaila

It is a great environment, very affordable, and I love that it's close to where I live. The students are generally very focused and hard working. The professers care how we are doing and want to help. They almost always provide a way for students to reach then outside class or office hours.

hannah

My classmates are diverse but we all have a common goal of becoming Nurses.

My classmates are diverse but we all have a common goal of becoming Nurses.

Madisonville Community College is most known for its Nursing Program.

The advice that I would give to myself as a high school senior would be to stay focused. The initial excitement of college wears off and you'll be happier to have a high GPA than to have gone out every Thursday. The organizations on campus really are beneficial to your future, so take advantage. I would make sure to express how important it is not to have a lazy mind or be scared of a program because of its difficulty. And, lastly, I would tell myself not to second guess my instincts on the career that is best for me. (DON'T CHANGE YOUR MAJOR, HANNAH!)

Makayla

Most of them are focused and ready to learn.

Most of them are focused and ready to learn.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to stress about what lies ahead. College is going to be fine so don't worry so much. That doesn't mean that college classes are going to be easy . Nursing school is going to kick your butt at times, but hang in there because it will all be woth it. This is going to be a challenge but I know you can do it. Study diligently but don't be so hard on yourself that you forget to have fun and spend time with your family and friends. Please apply for as many scholarships as you can because you are going to need all the help that you can get. You are going to meet some cool people and have some awesome teachers that you won't soon forget. Above all, always serve the Lord with all of your heart. Good luck to you. I already know that you are going to do great. I have a feeling that some day you are going to become a wonderful nurse.

Jeni

If I could go back and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior, there would be much to say to myself. The first thing that I would say would be to not stress out as much. As a senior I stressed so much on wanting to make the right decision for my life. Where to go to school, what to major in; I stressed with everything. I would also tell myself to take time for applications to schools, scholarships, grants, and everything that one could possibly apply to. Making the transition would have been easier if I would have had more scholarships under my belt. I constantly worry about not having enough money to finish out school besides on loans. The last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy being a senior in high school. I would tell myself that I have plenty of friends, but they are not my high school friends, so I should enjoy the limited time I have with them. The people I graduated with were the people I grew up with. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had stressed less and had more fun with my friends.

The best thing about Madisonville Community College is the fact that the campus highly supports its students. Posters are on every inch of every wall and the signs include everything from clubs to what show is playing at our theater every day. It pleases the students to know that the school actually cares. So many times people hear about students not getting involved in school and dropping out. MCC definitely has plenty to offer for every student looking to get involved.

Someone who should not attend this school would be someone who does not plan on working hard. Although I attend a community college, the professors are still professors. They still treat everyone as college students, just as teachers should. If one wanted to skip class all the time, not turn in homework, or not study for exams he or she would not pass the classes. College is college and one should work hard no matter what to strive toward the greater goal of earning a degree.

Amber

Madisonville Community College is a close knit college where there is a variety of people from many different counties.

I would tell myself that college is just a bigger high school with more people I don't know. Although the classes may be difficult, do not procrastinate on assignments and always pay attention. Take good notes and do not sleep through class no matter how difficult it may be.

The only thing frustrating about my school is that when registering for classes, some classes do not say who the teacher for that class will be. Instead, in the instructor's space it will simply say "STAFF". It is frustrating not knowing who the teacher is going to be until you walk in on your first day of class.

Alesha

Madisonville Community College is the perfect opportunity for someone from rural area to attend an accredited college on a flexible schedule. With the wide variety of night classes and weekend classes it gives the working person an equal chance at an awesome education.

As a highschool senior I was an athlete. I strived to make good grades but I was more focused on my sport. Athletic scholorships are few and far between anymore because that is the only avenue for so many. I would tell seniors today to always make sure they work so hard on keeping their academics in check. Don't let any time slip through your fingers. I started taking college classes my senior year of highschool. By the time I graduated I already had 12 hours of college credit. Had I continued at that pace I could already have graduated and have my own career. So at this point I am 28 , a mother and still trying to finish my degree so that I can prepare for my childs future. To sum it up Keep going! Strive for the moon don't stop at the stars.

As a working mother I feel that there should be more opportunity for financial assistance.

Alana

I have attended 4-year colleges as well as Madisonville Community College. I have done the best at Madisonville because it has not "forced" me towards a certain career path and allows me to get my basics under control before I have to put in any real serious dedication to a certain type of major. The school has some amazing teachers that take extra time to make sure you understand the class you are taking. That is a very unique and rare thing in some colleges.

I would not let myself feel pressured into making any big decisions starting out in college. I would tell myself "you are young. you will have tons of opportunities and you will probably want to do everything under the sun." I would make it clear to myself that my general education is the best way to start and to sample other classes to find out what I really wanted to major in instead of taking as much time and money has I have no to find that out. Nobody is ever "sure" of what they want to do I think, but there are instances where you can truly find what you DO NOT want to do. Process of elimination, take different classes, do well in them even if you dont like them, but at least you know that is not your "dream career" path.

I dont believe there is a certain type of person that "shouldn't" attend school. Its never a waste to find out what your nitch is in life. For me it took a lot of time, money, and thought to decide what I would want to earn my degree in. If you know exactly what you want, you should STILL consider starting at a 2 year school such as Madisonville's. It prepares you for a lot in college and the real world.

Wendy

Looking back as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take all the classes that would have given me college credit in high school, that by doing this I would graduate college faster. I would also tell myself at 18, that do not be such a procrastinator and break that habit right then and there because college does not put up with procrastinators and if you snooze you lose. I would also tell myself that you won't get anywhere by trying to be everybody's friend, just to fend for yourself and don't take slack off anybody. You are who God made you and be proud of that, you will succeed, don't let anybody get in the way of your dream.

There isn't a type of person that shouldn't attend, the college has goals set to be welcoming and inviting to everybody. They offer tutoring for older students, and services for the disabled.

The fact that I work a full time job and they do not have as many night classes that would be helpful to me. Online classes are okay, but I prefer to have face to face interaction to learn.

Madisonville Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.